“Friendly Staff, Fantastic Service, Clean Hotel, Fair Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico

You added Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av. de los Cocoteros, Lote Hotelero G | Nuevo Vallarta - Nayarit, 63732, Mexico   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Ranked #18 of 86 Hotels in Riviera Nayarit
San Diego, California
“Friendly Staff, Fantastic Service, Clean Hotel, Fair Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The best part of this hotel is the friendly staff. You're always greeted by the staff whether they are cleaning staff, entertainment, concierge, or whatever...they always smile and greet you, which creates a great atmosphere.

The hotel itself is nice. The pool's great as well as the pool bar. The drinks are delicious, and they can make any drink you can possibly imagine. I highly recommend the Mango Tango with the chili salt rim.

You'll never be bored at the hotel. There is ALWAYS something going on from the morning to late evening. The entertainment staff work very hard to see that you're having a good time. There's always some activity or game to be played and lots of prizes to be won. At night there's always a show. They're very entertaining and before and after the main show, there's always a live band.

The food is tasty, but personally, being a Mexican foodie, I think there is better food to be found in the town. But if you're there, and you pay the money, you might as well eat at the hotel. It's not bad at all. But I like my tacos al pastor and horchata, which can only be found in the city center, unfortunately.

This brings me to the hotels only con. It's SO far from the center. It's about a 40-45 minute taxi drive which costs around $20USD. That's it though.

So do the pros outweigh the cons? I think so. The only reason I gave this hotel a 4/5 is because of the long distance to the city center, and the food. I do recommend this hotel for anybody wanting a relaxing, stress-free vacation. If you want to explore the city, and get those photo ops....you may want to get a hotel closer downtown.

Room Tip: Full Ocean view is much better than partial ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I and my husband have stayed in Riu Palace Pacifico from 05/25-06/01. This is the 6th Riu hotel that we had ever been. Overall I had very good impression of the beach and ocean. Even though I was expecting cold, wavy beach, but it was warm, not windy, not rainy and not too wavy, therefore, we were enjoying the beach almost the whole day. The property is very clean, there are almost 450 people working there trying to make everywhere looking perfectly clean. They clean the rooms 2 times, and make sure your refrigerator and bar is full with drinks. The beds are firm, for those who like soft or plush mattress, sorry, you'll get disappointed. The food is also, not bad, but please, don't go to restaurant "Kyoto" (supposed to be Japanese food), you'll be disappointed a lot, when they serve JUST 6 piece of sushi, which made horribly, without any knowledge of Japanese cousin. We kept going to Peninsula Buffet, which pretty much had everything, but almost the same food every day. My greatest disappointment was the entertainment: the guys were lazy, with "I don't care" attitude, not funny at all, and didn't make any effort to be creative. I am not a picky person, however: I have seen entertainment in Riu Negril Jamaica, and OMG !!! We had the greatest time ever, those entertainment guys were more creative than the best comedians in USA !!!!! However here, in Riu Palace Paccifico the concerts and shows were very dated, mostly for Spanish speaking auditorium.
I deeply recommend that you take a tour to Vallarta Night Adventure to Las Caletas with a show and dinner included. They take you on the boat to Las Caletas, very you have the best, romantic dinner at the ocean under the soft marriachi's music and at the end of the evening you'll see very spectacular show in the middle of jungles. We loved it a lot!!!!!!.
The last, it's worth to go tp Riu Palace Pacifico for 3 nights, at the long weekend (by the way, Friday-Sunday, the guests of the hotel are tripled with local population, which was a little overwhelming). Otherwise, if you plan to stay for 7 nights, be prepared to get bored.
P.S. Take everything you will need from your local 99c store, because the prices in hotel store are horrible, for example: the lighter that is normaly costs 50c in the USA, here cost $ 4.00 :((((.
So, good voyage !!!!

Room Tip: If you like a privacy, choose a room that doesn't look at the pools, because of the structure of...
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Our vacation was perfect at the Riu palace pacifico. It is a charming resort. It is beautiful clean and pleasant resort. Our room maid, waitresses, entertaiment crew was very kind freindly and pleasant. It made us feel very comfortable. Room was cleaned every day and twice a day bed was made which is very good. We had no problems at all. Food was very excelent as a buffet style. This resort also has charming restaurants to be reserved for dining. It is all inclusive experience with dining and drinking.This was our first stay at the Riu palace Pacifico and It was very pleasant to stay in new resort and I definetly recomend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Yorkville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Our vacation was perfect at Riu Pacifico, we have vacation in many Riu palaces and the Pacifico surpassed them all, the resort it's beautiful and immaculately clean, food is delicious, our room was perfectly centered with a front ocean view, the entire staff from managers to ground keepers are attentive, friendly and always ready to make your stay perfect. Our Stay was from 5.25 to 6.1.13 weather was perfect we are definitely coming back! Thank you! Thank you!

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We traveled as a group of six ladies at the end of May 2013. Everyone and everything was very pleasant, but the service made our stay! We would personally like to thank Javier (front desk agent), Juan Ho, Pepe, Luis, Amer, Johan, Irene, and Blanca (guest services).
Regarding the hotel property, everything appeared very clean and taken care of. This is a fairly new property (opened in 2008) so anyone who says it's outdated is mistaking their decor for age.

Our room was great, and we were offered an upgrade to an ocean view. They also had a bottle of champagne waiting for us as a welcome amenity (greatly appreciated!).

We had no problems getting lounge chairs by the beach/pool and we were out by about 9am. Both the beach and pool are great and thankfully not overcrowded. Although this is the Pacific Ocean, the water is amazing and warm! There are vendors but not particularly aggressive (at least not around this hotel).

The food was good, not great. In my opinion, the buffet is the best option-- always fresh and a large variety. Hard to stay away from the dessert! Krystal (fusion) is enjoyable, Kyoto (Japanese) ehh, ok. Stay away from the Steakhouse and Guacamole! My friend got sick from the steakhouse, and my steak came out completely overdone (I ordered it medium rare). Guacamole does not serve guacamole (I though that was the funniest thing!) and we actually left mid-meal because the food was so disappointing.

The drinks at this resort are not the best. I chose to stick to wine and champagne, cocktails were very weak and sugary.

Also, want to touch upon the nightly entertainment-- which was always a delight! Perfect way to end our relaxing days/nights!

Overall, I've stayed at several Riu's in the past and this one is definitely at the top of the list. Thank you to the amazing staff, and as you say "we will be back next week"!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We just returned from our stay at the RIU Palace Pacfico from May 26-June 1. We have previously stayed at the RIU Palace Rivera Maya and numerous other AI’s thought Mexico and the Caribbean. The RIU Palace Pacfiico would rank amongst the top of our list.

We found the buffet to be plentiful, with a fantastic salad bar and fresh fruit selection. It was also nice they had a great rotation of main dish choice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our only complaint is the reservation process for the specialty restaurants. We were only able to attend two, the steak house, and fusion. I would not recommend the fusion, but the steak house was very good, and it was the best steak I have ever had in Mexico (their steaks are just cut much different then what we are used too in the US)

This hotel is on one of the best beaches in the PV area and made for great walks both during the day and at dusk. At the pool we had no problem finding loungers pool side or in the more shaded sections. The swim up bar has top shelf liquor selections which is a nice touch if you enjoy specific labels. I will say out of the entire resort the pool area is the most “tired” area of the resort, and will be due to be updated in the coming year

Our room, lobby and other facilities were just as expected with no problems what so ever. The only additional negative comment is about the theater. The shows don’t start until 10pm and run and hour to hour and half. The shows are very loud and can be heard in I’m guessing 75% of the rooms in the resort. So for those that are sound sensitive at night, this may be of concern.

The other thing that surprised me about our time of travel is only 50% of the resort was Americans and Canadians, the rest of the make-up was Mexican Nationals and South Americans. I enjoyed this aspect as you got to meet lots of people from different backgrounds. As I understand from taxi drivers I spoke with, is that the summer months in PV bring lots of Mexican Nationals on vacation. During the tail end of our trip there were lots of families, babies and children, so if this bothers you steer clear of the summer travel.

A final parting tip is don’t let the distance from the Zona Romanitca (old town PV) discourage you, it’s an easy $25 cab ride. We also found that Taxi was the cheapest and most economical for the transfer to the resort from the airport.

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a very relaxing hotel. The staff is amazing and very friendly. The hotel is super clean. The food was good. I recommend the buffet and the steakhouse. The shows at night are a lot of fun. I don't recommend staying here if you want to go into town a lot. It's about a 30 minute ride and will cost you 25$ each way. Overall I had a great time.

Room Tip: Make sure to get an ocean view otherwise you will be looking over a field. This is the only downside...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico? Share your experiences!