The best part of this hotel is the friendly staff. You're always greeted by the staff whether they are cleaning staff, entertainment, concierge, or whatever...they always smile and greet you, which creates a great atmosphere.
The hotel itself is nice. The pool's great as well as the pool bar. The drinks are delicious, and they can make any drink you can possibly imagine. I highly recommend the Mango Tango with the chili salt rim.
You'll never be bored at the hotel. There is ALWAYS something going on from the morning to late evening. The entertainment staff work very hard to see that you're having a good time. There's always some activity or game to be played and lots of prizes to be won. At night there's always a show. They're very entertaining and before and after the main show, there's always a live band.
The food is tasty, but personally, being a Mexican foodie, I think there is better food to be found in the town. But if you're there, and you pay the money, you might as well eat at the hotel. It's not bad at all. But I like my tacos al pastor and horchata, which can only be found in the city center, unfortunately.
This brings me to the hotels only con. It's SO far from the center. It's about a 40-45 minute taxi drive which costs around $20USD. That's it though.
So do the pros outweigh the cons? I think so. The only reason I gave this hotel a 4/5 is because of the long distance to the city center, and the food. I do recommend this hotel for anybody wanting a relaxing, stress-free vacation. If you want to explore the city, and get those photo ops....you may want to get a hotel closer downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * In Riviera Nayarit, overlooking the Pacific Ocean * Located on Playa de Flamingos beach, 2 km / 1.5 miles from Nuevo Vallarta * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 9-storey building * 5 km / 3.1 miles from various shops * 13 km / 8 miles from the airport * 1 km / 0.6 miles from Flamingos Golf Club * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Pacifico Hotel Riviera Nayarit
- Riu Palace Pacifico Nuevo Vallarta