“Authentic and Genuine” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Satvik Sadan

Satvik Sadan
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bhimtal
Satvik Sadan
Shri Kailashmukhi, Bhimtal 263136, India   |
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Bhimtal
Austin, Texas
“Authentic and Genuine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Don't hesitate to visit this rare and beautiful place! It was my great pleasure to be part of a 4 month long study of yoga and ayruvedic principles/philosophy about two and a half years ago and I still live with and grow from my experiences at Satvik Sadan every day!

Shukl'acharya, the owner and my teacher during my stay has such dedication, knowledge and insight. It was through his quidance and wisdom that I was able to find/gain the tools necessary to further my spiritual and personal growth. This has led to effective, positive and lasting changes in my life for which I do not have enough words of gratitude.

The accommodations are more than generous and the staff is eager to please. The resort has been thoughtfully engineered to provide privacy, peacefulness and magestic views of the mountains and sunrise from each room and balcony. I still miss the healthy satvik meals that were so well prepared every day.

I have no doubt that Satvik Sadan means different things to different people. I saw a number of people visit for various needs and they all seemed to be well accomodated. It seems to be one of those amazing places that provides just the experience you are looking for when you need it.

For me it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that far exceeded my expectations. I will forever have a deep fondness, appreciation and respect for Shukl'acharya and his benevolent wife Samrita - for the knowledge and wisdom they so generously shared and for the comfortable and nurturing surroundings they and their staff provided during my stay.
I feel incredibly fortunate to have visited and participated in studies at this most blessed place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

shuklasatvik, Owner at Satvik Sadan, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you Deborah for your kind words and for taking time to respond to our request to review Satvik Sadan through Trip Advisor.
Your words mean a lot to all of us and makes it worth all the effort and patience that goes in to create a great experience for our guests.

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Samara, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Me and my wife visited Satvik Sadan in June 2013. The main reason, why we were searching for such a place, was the great wish to get some answers for life questions.
I can't say, that these two weeks were wonderful. "Wonderful" is not the right word. This period was very much useful, it was "opening eye" period. Shukl'acharya (the founder of this place) gave us an opportunity to learn the "science of life and yourself" in all its aspects. We ate very "correct" food - vegetarian, tasty, different, but without strong tastes; we practiced yoga - each of us different postures, because every person has his own state of body and mind; we had Ayurvedic massage; we studied and tried different meditation and breathing techniques, which, I hope, will help us a lot in the future.
But most of all we studied balanced life, life without high ups and downs, life with divine consciousness inside yourself. And I can't imagine better person to lead you through such a life than Shukl'acharya.
Moreover I should mention all the stuff, all people, who work in this ashram. They were very attentive, very kind for us and helped to solve all the problems during our stay (even found some glue and eraser).
The place itself is very well located, you can enjoy the mountain views from veranda, it is quite and vibrant. Unlike many other places in India, here you can think not about the hygiene and security matters, but about everything else.
So, if you are looking for a quiet and clean place, where you can get as much new information and knowledge, as you can from the person, who really knows life and divine, Satvik Sadan is for you.
Thanks a lot, Shukl'acharya and all people of Satvik Sadan!!! We hope to come back soon.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
shuklasatvik, Owner at Satvik Sadan, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind words.
Greatly look forward to your future visits.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Satvik Sadan, to me, is like a home away from home. My last visit was with some friends, including a foreigner, whom I brought to show what real Vedic Lifestyle meant. They were very happy, promising to return... and why not?! After all, it was my 7th trip to the place!! There is something in the environs of Satvik that detoxes you completely - even without massages or special asanas or ayurvedic food.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
shuklasatvik, Owner at Satvik Sadan, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Your repeated visits have been very encouraging for us as well as the resultant word of mouth publicity that our venture got.
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

Thomas is in the sports equipment international business. www.tk-hockey.de

My husband and me are Indian lovers. In the middle of june 2007 I traveled for the first time alone through India because it was my sincere wish to find a place where I was able to relax and to find to myself. I was also very much interested to start with Yoga and meditation.

Through a very good friend from Goa I have found the place The Satvik Resort In Bheemtal and I can't describe with words how lucky I am to have stayed there.

The way how I was treated here was wonderful. I have really enjoyed every minute of my stay. All the members of the Shukla family are so wonderful people and during my trip I have not only learned the first steps of meditation and yoga, I also got a deep understanding of Indian culture. On top of that I loved the food and I will never forget the time which we have spent together while cooking. After 12 days there I came home like a new born human being and I would like to pass my thanks again for such a wonderful trip.

The way how Pulak Ranjan Shukla has taught me was unbelievable and I was proud to work with such a guru. Shri Pulak Ranjan Shukla you are a hero and I am promising you that I will continue in the way I have learned it from you. Being back in Germany my thoughts are still with you and I am already looking forward to come again to your place.

I will never forget my stay. Thank you so much.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
shuklasatvik, Owner at Satvik Sadan, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
It was great to have you stay here for the yoga retreat. Your keenness to learn and implement the same back in Germany is worth emulating. We also thank you for the pictures you emailed us doing yoga and the fire ceremony.. Please do visit us again.
utter pradesh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

We visited recently the Satvik Resort in Bhimtal.This place is undoubtedly beautiful. The environment and surroundings of the resort is really splendid. The structure of resort is impressive. But, when you will stay there, you will feel oppression and suppression of the owner of resort whose name is Pulak Ranjan Shukla. He used every type of tactics for operation of his resort. He is a man of contradictions and is a trickster. He will tell you that nearby, resides a spiritual Baba, who is a God and has the capacity, competence of omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. The so-called spiritual BABA is a fraudulent, fake and deceptive. He has no knowledge of ayurved- an Indian way of treatment. He has no spiritual and divine powers. Contrary to this, his behavior is not saintly and pious. The owner of resort Mr. Pulak Ranjan Shukla and the so-called BABA both are engaged in consortium and will cheat the patient. Watching and carefully observing it appeared that BABA is a crook and rather scoundrel. The Director of this resort is a structural Engineer and has no knowledge of any therapy. He has no medical knowledge. He has no basic knowledge of astrology. He is not dependable. In the resort, there is no qualified medical practitioner. In the resort, there is no astrologer. No dietician & none of his staff are properly trained in massages. The owner of the resort Pulak Ranjan Shukla claims that in his resort, food is provided according to the need of a patient. But this is also a deception. Moreover, the food, which is provided, has not worth the money. In morning they supply only one cup of hot water mixed with some spices. In the resort, it is called as herbal tea. In breakfast, no milk, no fruit and no sweet dish are served. Only one course diet is served which cannot be termed as nourishment. In Lunch, only bread (Indian chapatti) with only one small bowl of lentil/dal and one small bowl of very cheap locally available vegetarian dish are provided. In the dinner, the same menu is repeated. Milk, fruit, butter, nuts, salad and sweet-dish never provided. Perhaps, they have no idea of the nourishment value of Milk, Butter, Cheese, Nuts, Fruits, honey, salad and Sweet dish. One feels as He/ she are in a prison. In spite of the treatment for DETOX, One develops prison psychosis in so called SATVIK RESORT, BHIMTAL. He forced and compelled the resident of resort to belief in Baba & his wizard. He forced and compelled the resident of resort to take the medicines prescribed by his BABA & to believe in his witchcraft. He takes money in advance and does not return if you are not satisfied with his performance and conduct. Anyhow, we could not find any SATVIKTA (sincerity and transparency) in his behavior and dealings. For us it rather appears that he is engaged in crook activities.

• Liked — natural view
  • Disliked — the quality of food etc. and attitude of the owner of the Resort - Pulak Ranjan Shukla
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
shuklasatvik, Owner at Satvik Sadan, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Firstly we have no record of anyone staying at our premises ever' leave alone August 2008', bearing the name of the person posting this review.
Secondly, there seems to be some confusion in the mind of the reviewer as he has referred to guests as patients and then used medical knowledge, treatment etc. A hotel is definitely a hospitality unit, but certainly not a hospital. As far as masseurs and masseuses like any other property in the vicinity, we do offer massages and in our case, the masseur and the masseuse were formally trained by us in a reputed Kairali centre.We have abundant excellent reviews with us ( also posted on our website) mentioning the massages provided to the guests in glowing terms.
Thirdly, it surprises us to hear adverse comments about the food served at our premises, as not only has it won us international acclaim, guests actually make it a point to learn some dishes and take recipes back home.
Fourthly, our premises is so open with nature all around, with immediate access to the main road Bhimtal, that for one to complain of prison psychosis is beyond any guest's experience, In fact most guests enjoy the daily promenade to the lake and treks in the forest.
Fifthly, the reference to a Baba, godman, and his witchcraft in connection with a hotel stay, pushes the frontiers of credulity.
Finally with all powers of persuasion at my command, I request the viewers of the said review and this management response to determine for themselves the credibility of the review and whether it could be genuine or a malafide character assassination.
Bhimtal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

The location is amazing, the food incredible and the service gracious and attentive. The 10 day customized yoga and breath work (pranayama) retreat was so different from anything i have experienced before, leaving me feeling balanced and happy

• Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
shuklasatvik, Owner at Satvik Sadan, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
We are glad that you did enjoy your retreat with us and found the experience inspiring to your creative field of design.
We hope to see you again.

Been to Satvik Sadan? Share your experiences!