Our room was great – large with a balcony that really feels like part of the tree; the bathrooms had a sliding door that almost turned the shower into an outdoor shower and was better than I expected.
However, I need to repeat the comment that has been made by others here: the room can be noisy at night when the forest creatures start scrambling over the roof. This is obviously something that goes hand-in-hand with a treehouse setting and there is a trade-off between the romance of being in the jungle and the downside of actually being in the jungle. In the end though, I feel they need to consider ways to address this as my wife struggled to sleep through it all and if we were able to do it all over again, I’d probably book into somewhere quieter.
The food was very good, but seems targeted towards short stays, which makes sense as the norm seems to be to stay one or two nights. However, we were there for four nights and it did get a little repetitive. It is delicious and plentiful though so I can’t really complain.
The highlight was the staff. We were there on our honeymoon and were treated to an individual breakfast on a hill over-looking the jungle, a dinner under the stars over-looking the waterhole, and a room decorated with flowers which they’d nicked from gardens all around town – given the amount of carrying that that would have involved it was very much appreciated.
In summary, I am undecided about whether this was be a 3 or a 4 star stay. I’ve gone with 4 because of the service and the overall experience, but the noisy room is a concern. I have been on many safaris before and love the outdoors, but sleep is sleep as they say and when you’re getting up at 5am for morning drives it becomes a big deal.
- Also Known As:
- Tree House Hideaway Hotel
- Tree House Hideaway Hotel Bandhavgarh National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 5 exclusive Tree houses are spread in a dense jungle of 21 acres merging into the jungles of finest tiger reserves of the world. The tree houses are self contained and perfect getaway for a couple that is fanatical about privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and MakeMyTrip so you can book your Tree House Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.