We came to Neemrana for a wedding on 30th Dec. Its a good 2hr drive from Delhi and once we got there we had to walk up a short hill because we had come by bus and the last stretch was not accessible by large vehicles. If you come in a saloon car, you should be fine though. The rooms take you back into time, but have all the modern day amenities (hot water, wifi, etc). We stayed in The room Kesar Mahal which as really nice; it had 2 rooms with two full beds even though we only needed one - so this is good if you are coming with a small family. The views are breathtaking and you can indulge in some ziplining over the fort while you are here. They also have some great pools that look over the city at the bottom of the hill. The food was also superior. As a wedding destination it was magnificent.
Only issue was guest treatment - when it came time for checkout, the man who came to clean the room opened the door and walked a good way into the room - my husband was showering and luckily i had just finished dressing up. It was scary especially since there has been a huge rape case in Delhi that has caught worldwide Attention. at mealtimes, the buffet staff would serve the people behind me before they served me - which I found disconcerting especially since those guests asian and caucasian to my african. Not saying that they are racist, but it makes you wonder..... At checkout they also gave me the wrong change and acted like I was the one who was causing a problem because I had no small denominations. Not all the staff were like this - the manager and his partner were really nice and helpful.
So generally I would say amazing location and place - great for lovers and for adventures with a family, but the non-managerial staff (cashiers, waiters, room cleaners) are arrogant, rude and can spoil your experience.
Im sorry i didn't take any pictures of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In February two-thousand and twelve, Neemrana Fort-Palace received the National Tourism Award from the President of India for the Best Heritage Hotel, instituted by the Ministry of Tourism. What was once a grand ruin, now stands resplendent.Neemrana not only strive to revive and restore the heritage structure but it also generate jobs and economic reforms for locals by hiring local people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Neemrana Fort-Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Neemrana Fort-Palace Hotel Alwar
- Neemrana Fort Palace Rajasthan
- Neemrana Fort-Palace Alwar, India - Rajasthan