“Saturday night out” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Saturday night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We booked a table for 7:30, but arrived slightly early. Initial welcome not very good, I got slightly worried that they did not have my booking. But after 5 minutes of worry, we were shown to our table. From then on the service was friendly and efficient.
We chose a set meal for the 4 of us. The food and the selection of dishes were very good.

When we booked, we were informed the table was ours for 2 hours, the service was not rushed and we stayed longer but at no time were we made to feel uncomfortable. We may have been lucky and the were no bookings after us.

I will definitely go here again for a meal.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Lovely as always”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Had a meal here to celebrate my birthday, the food was fantastic..so much so, we literally cleaned our plates. The only criticism was, we were a party of four and we were placed in the back half of the restaurant. This would not be a problem if it wasn't for the fact that I literally had the arm from someone on the next table knocking mine. They had obviously squeezed in an extra table. This made it quite uncomfortable and even the waiting staff couldn't get through to put the dishes on the table. Not great. The food however was faultless as always. Would still come back but will insist on sitting at the front half.

West Malling, United Kingdom
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Superb food and service staff always attentive and friendly. Not the cheapest chinese restaurant in the area but the best by a long way

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Great Chinese food - best for a fair distance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great food, no delivery but worth ordering by phone and picking up.

Fried peppercorn baby squid are very, very tasty and I highly recommend trying them. (we've had these every time and I always want more)
Their Crispy Mongolian lamb special is a variant of the famous Peking duck wraps (which they also do) and the lamb is unusual but really very tasty (we've had that twice now)
They have a few ginger and spring onion dishes, and the balance of the ginger and the spring onion are very tasty (we had lamb)

They have loads of other dishes but these have been my personal favourites (I would happily each 3 -4 portions of the baby squid)

The service is smiley but not very personal or friendly, but I've never cared as we've always ordered their food as a takeaway. If you fancy Chinese food this the best I've found in the area and some of the best I've had in England

• Visited September 2013
Maidstone
“Always delivers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Visited Imperial Dynasty in September 2013 with family. The food was as always of the highest quality but if ID are ever to hit 5* then the service needs to improve.

Although it is attentive the sparkle is just not there from a few years back. The owner adds the smile and personality but all the staff need to take his lead.

That said, I would whole heartedly recommend the Imperial Dynasty.

Visited September 2013