“Manor Park West Malling” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Parks
Attraction Details
Maidstone Kent UK
6 attraction reviews
“Manor Park West Malling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Overlooked by the old Manor House the Country Park with its Lake is a great spot for everyone to enjoy. There are toilet and Cafe facilities a car park and a little area with swings and slides etc for the kids. Much used all year round by walkers and dog walkers a great open area to relax amongst the natural surroundings .

London, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
“Great park, expensive car park!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is an ideal spot for any age group. Plenty to do for children with a separate play area, but good walking for adults around the lake, or out into the country. The cafe is OK for a snack - not sure that I would want a full lunch there. My main complaint is about the parking - £2 at weekends, and given that many people will spend no more than half an hour there for a good walk round, that is a bit steep. Like many places, some people will leave their litter rather than bag it up or bin it which taints the place a bit, but that is true of so many places and not the park's fault.

All in all a great place to go for a leisurely walk.

Visited September 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Shame about the cafe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I used to say this was my favourite place to go for a walk, picnic, kids to play and a nice coffee. However as a treat today me and my partner thought we would eat in the cafe. We were turned away by the VERY rude lady who I think owns it. She has been short with us before and was snapping at the young boys working with her, but today was disgraceful. We were asked what we would like by a teenage boy and when we gave our meal choices she SHOUTED from behind him "No, No I'm doing any more food I've got too much to do". How rude!! As it happens there was only a 20 minute wait so we could've sat and had a drink or gone for the walk then came back to eat, she made us so angry though that we decided to just leave. We had also put £2 in the pay and display that we won't get back.
I can honestly say now I won't be going back. I prefer to go to parks with a cafe should we need a drink or a treat for the kids but I will never give HER another penny.
Manor Park will not be in my choices of places to visit thanks to this ladies attitude problem.

London, United Kingdom
“Great little park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great lake with resident bird life, new playground for kids and lots of space with no fussy rules. And public conveniences!

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great park for wildlife”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Lovely open space for games, great adventure playground suitable for all ages, large lake with plenty of ducks and swans and a number of different routes through the fields for those looking for a longer walk. A decent sized car park, clean toilets and a really good cafe, what more could you ask for? The only down side is the car park charge which is fine if you are going for the day but a bit pricey if you just want to stop by for an hour or so.

Visited June 2013