“What a find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Iokasti

You added Villa Iokasti to your Saves list
Villa Iokasti
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ag.Konstantinou 10, Koutouloufari, Hersonissos, Crete 70014, Greece   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Koutouloufari
Chania Town, Greece
“What a find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Iokasti is the best you could hope for when looking for somewhere to stay in Crete. Built on the side of a hill overlooking the sea, it's simple shuttered rooms ( and air con ) make you feel as if you are in an old fashioned greek village, with terraces and tree-shaded courtyards . You walk in to the hotel through the veranda 'cafe '... rather a misnomer, the food, cooked by the owner is the best I have eaten in Crete. River cafe eat your heart out. Dimitri Vassilaki chooses the very best fresh ingredients and cooks them so that each ingredient speaks for itself . We had haloumi and sun dried tomatoes ( dried by himself, of course..) which made you think quite differently about each, and what a combination they made. Ketty makes the breakfast marmalade and jams and the puddings

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Katie, Dimitris and Nicolas are exceptionally friendly people, making sure you enjoy every part of your holiday to the max. They made me feel very welcome and at ease, and they are always there if you want to have a little chat or want some information, but never in a pushy way at all. The apartments are clean and there is more than enough space, the atmosphere inside the walls of this little village - as I like to call it - instantly puts you in relax mode and the food is by far the best I got to eat during my stay on Crete. The location is also very nice with a lot of nice spots in the near proximity. Definately recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Duiven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

It was 17 years ago that I am here for first time and it was love at first sight. I knew then here I go here often. I did, I know not how many times .....
You are here kindly received. Lovely relax you feel right at home.
The accommodation is clean and spacious. The restaurant is lovely from lunch to dinner, and the bar with great cocktails ... and great music .... Local people often come to something to drink after work that is always a good sign ..
I would say book! you will not regret!

Room Tip: I've been in different rooms and have no bad room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Vught
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very nice place to be, very friendly, clean and big appartements.
Great food and atmosphere.
The owners are very friendly, specially to children.
Near the center of the town with lots of good restaurants and service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Trikala, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

everything was excellent!!!!!!!!the rooms so comfortable big and clean!!!the pool always clean!!!!!the food was amazing.and the most important the hospitality of Ms Kaith and all the people who works there!!!!!!Ms kaith my friend Nikos thanks for everything!!!!!!i will come again for sure!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I am afraid I haven't actually stayed at Villa Iokasti, but my husband and I enjoyed a lovely meal there one night at the end of May. The food was exquisite, the service superb (fantastic friendly owners) and the prices reasonable for the quality. A magnificent sea view was a bonus and in all we spent a most enjoyable evening there, so I would strongly recommend it for those looking for food with a flair in a romantic setting. The interior decoration in art deco style is worth a close look too.
As I said, I cannot comment on the apartments, but the place was immaculate, so the apartments probably are too. For me the only problem if I were to stay there would be the distance from the sea, which is substantial and uphill, so would not recommend it for those with a weak heart unless they hire a car.

Room Tip: Please bear in mind that my comments apply to the restaurant, not the apartments.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandefjord, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We had a very nice time at Villa Iokasti. We have been in this hotel many times the last years and we always go back becuase good service, good food and good staff and very nice owners of the hotel who work there with staff. Dimitri owner and boss in the kitchen is very kind and nice with guest and he make with his staff only quality food, Dimitri put a lot energy in the morning / day to get in good and local and quality food to the resturant.Villa Iokasti also has a great team working in resturant and bar this is the owner Katie "Katarina" and this is Nikolas. We like theme both very very much and we think of them like friends and as good quality people in every way. The people in Villa Iokasti impress us with their nice way of treat every all guest. We highly recomend people from Norway to try a stay at this Hotel. We also recomand this Hotel for people from Norway becuase near by Villa Iokasti is many local resturants and Villa Iokasti is locaded in a small little local town named Koutouloufari, this is a town with big charm and only 10 minutt walk from Koutouloufari and Villa Iokasti is Hersonissos and Star Beach great for swimming, children and fun. We go down to Star Beach every day on beach and at Star Beach we recomend eating at Meltemi resturant very good place. At night we recomend eat in Villa Iokasti and fore change we also go to other Koutouloufari resturants many nice places near by Villa Iokasti but we think the best place to eat over all is Villa Iokasti so we end up there every second day to eat. This year we also some nights went to a local bar in Koutouloufari just near 100 meter from Villa Iokasti, remeber to ask staff at Villa Iokasti where is the bar where girl name Maja works, you gone love this bar becuase Maja is of the barkeepers getting people enjoy and laugh. See you later Crete friends take care. Best from Frode "Frodo" and Føbe Mari "Phoepe" Andersen Noway - Norge

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Villa Iokasti? Share your experiences!