Our visit was in mid September 2012
Its hillside location ensures great views from balcony, pool and restaurant but the steps down to reception and the pool area are not for the faint-hearted !! Reception is open 24/7 and staff are helpful and friendly.
Our one bed apartment was very clean but a bit basic. There was adequate hanging space for clothes but only 4 small drawers which meant some clothes being left in suitcases. A sofa or easy chairs in the lounge instead of the spare single bed would improve seating comfort and if intending to self cater be aware that there is only a small 2-ring electric hob - no oven, microwave or even toaster.
Our balcony was south facing which meant almost constant sun and great views over both pool and sea. Air conditioning was a must and is a chargeable extra (7 euros a day). Wifi was effective and free.
Despite lack of cooking facilities don’t be tempted to book B&B or half board. The hotel’s Oliva restaurant is very good but so are many others within a few minutes walk and it was good to have the choice. There are many traditional restaurants offering good value meals, an excellent Chinese and - for a special dining experience - don’t miss the Galini restaurant.
The main town is 15 minutes walk and the choice of restaurants, shops and other facilities was surprisingly large. The journey back is uphill all the way so use the complimentary hotel minibus or taxi at 7 euros.
A good value hotel and a few simple upgrades to the apartment would make this a really great stay.
- Also Known As:
- Asterias Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Asterias Village Hotel
- Asterias Village Resort Koutouloufari, Crete
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asterias Village Resort is located on a prime crossroad of the Hersonissos, Piskopiano and Koutouloufari settlements, offering a unique panoramic view of Hersonissos and the Cretan Sea. That location gives one the opportunity to choose between the dynamic modern developments of the cosmopolitan settlement of Hersonissos, and the traditional culture and architecture of the two beautiful old villages: Koutouloufari and Piskopiano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Asterias Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.