This hotel would be perfect for Gordon Ramsay's attention on a "nightmare" programme!
On the plus side, the owners are well-meaning and kind, and the hotel was very clean. The location was also good for exploring the island by car, as it is central.
However, it was as if it had been in decline for some time, for example:
- the towels in the bathroom were really old and hard
- the towels provided for use by the pool were threadbare, very small, and had things like disney characters on (I wonder whether they had just been left by previous guests?)
- the sun loungers by the pool were not adjustable (only flat)
- the breakfast was really disappointing (poor quality bread/croissants, only sickly sweet concentrated juice, the fresh fruit was stingily chopped into tiny tiny pieces and there wasn't much of it)
- the owner and his daughter tried to be very friendly, but entered the breakfast room every few minutes to shout "smile please!" at the guests, which was pretty patronising and odd, like a weird kind of summer camp!
- the decor was very basic, it looked like it hadn't been updated or modernised for about 30 years
- the walls were so thin we could hear the couple next door snoring and going to the toilet
Overall the hotel was overpriced for what was delivered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jacuzzi, Library(wide selection of books), Ping pong, Tennis court, Children's playground, Safe and sufficient parking, TV Lounge(satellite television), Air-condition, Elevator, Sun-beds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sami Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sami Beach