“Wonderful Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bayview Wildwood Resort

You added Bayview Wildwood Resort to your Saves list
Bayview Wildwood Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   1500 Port Stanton Pkwy, Severn Bridge, Ontario P0E 1N0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Severn Bridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canada
“Wonderful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

Great service and good food. A wonderful family resort. Lots of activities for the children.

Patrika

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2008

Just came back from a weeks vacation at the Cottages at Port Stanton on the Bayview Wildwood Resort. We booked an exchange through interval international timeshare. It was my first time exchanging in Canada after having a timeshare for 20 years. What a wonderful experience. The unit was better equipped than my own home! The people at the resort were friendly and always cheerful. We came in at the end of March break, and from what I could see there was plenty of activities for the kids, and we caught the tail end of them..was great fun. We spent the rest of the week enjoying not too many people around, and playing the games in their games room. I am sure the area is breath taking in the summer months. We enjoyed the snow shoeing through the trails before the rain started, and then settled back to the games and hot chocolate in front of our cosy fireplace after taking a wonferful outdoor hot tub in the lounge 2 minutes from our front door. We went with 2 teenagers and they had a great time. I will rethink sun vacations after this experience.

• Liked — It was well equipped, clean, fireplace , jacuzzi and a beautiful view
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ottawa/Kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

I attended a conference being held at this resort and thought it was FANTASTIC. The food was absolutely incredible, I went back for thirds and fourths nearly every meal. Very cute set up with personal cabins around the lake, which makes for very little to no noise at all. Every room came with a fireplace that already had an easy burn log and matches in it so we didn't have to go out to look for it.
I went cross country skiing, snow shoeing and skating as well, all the trails were picturesque and it was easy to rent equipment. The staff was very accomodating and the entertainment for the night was really good. I've never met a more talented musician (he played anything from rock, pop, jazz, classic rock, instrumental and 10+ different instruments). The bar also stayed open for pretty decent hours. Holding a conference there was very accomodating as well, they made sure we had snacks, water, coffee stocked in all the meeting rooms and replenished frequently.

Only drawback- the decor is a LITTLE tacky... and make sure you know how to use a thermostat beacuse you need to turn the heat on yourself.

• Stayed February 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2007

I went to the resort to attend a wedding. The resort benefited from this function as it guaranteed a block of rooms. Check out time was 11 am for the guests who occupied the room before my reservation and I was told that I could not check in until 3 pm. I travel a lot on business and spend a significant part of the year in hotels. I understand the concept behind these posted times but I also know that hotels will work hard to accommodate the needs of their guests. The wedding I was attending started at 4 pm. I asked the hotel if they could put a special effort into prepping the room by 2 so that we could arrive from out of town and have time to get ready. Their response was a simple “no”. We therefore had to make the long drive up north dressed for the wedding. There are a lot of resort destinations in Ontario who are looking for tourists dollars. The wedding was an opportunity for me to experience this resort an draw me back for other “get-always”. Their inflexible approach to this booking has taken them off my list for future visits.

Stayed October 2007
Sterling Hts, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

There were four of us, me and my husband (early fifties) and our dearest friends (mid 40's). We arrived early on Sunday to a very quiet resort. As the day progressed loads of families arrived and at dinner it was a mad house! We found out later that some of the staff had not showed up for the meal and they were very short handed. Many staff apologized throughout the week and we were impressed by their most genuine concern. At first we felt very out of place not having children with us. We spoke with the front desk about possibly cancelling our stay and they told us to give it one more day, that on Monday all of the scheduled programs kick in...the kids go to theirs and the adults go to theirs.
Well, I tell you...we had a blast. We met many wonderful people, both staff and guests. The food was superb! The rooms were very clean, the entertainment at night was over and above what we are used to at that kind of resort. We liked it so much we put in for next year. We had stayed at Bangor Lodge for 16 years prior but now that it is closed we went looking for something comparable. We found it and more. I am always willing to answer any questions as I know how important our time off is and the value of a dollar.

• Liked — Food!!!
  • Disliked — Outdoor upkeep
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
thetravellingmam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

I had a great stay at the hotel. There was lots of family fun both inside and outside. The kids enjoyed a sleigh ride, snowshoeing, skating, a bonfire and more. Inside there were kids activities, a games room and pool. The food was also excellent. We were looking for a winter escape and weren't disappointed. In fact, we saw a positive report on it after at www.kiddingaroundtoronto.com (a local parenting resource) which validated our feelings. We look forward to returning and trying it out in another season.

Stayed January 2007
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2006

We booked a Christmas 3-nights package and were very pleased with our stay. We stayed in a Walton house 1-bedroom suite and loved it. I haven't seen the other accommodations.
The things we particularly liked:
1. The staff was very helpful
2. The evening entertainment was very adequate, but keep in mind it's family-with-young-children (up to early teens) oriented, e.g. family dance nights and magic. Our children were ecstatic.
3. The food was great.
4. A cozy lounge with fireplace, TV, computer with internet access and board games is adjacent to the dining room, which we found great as we were able to enjoy our meals while taking our time, and the kids were going in and out of the dining area and everyone was happy.
5. Good drop-off children's programs

The thing we disliked (like almost all other reviewers) is the fact that trains do pass right through the resort. But that was no big deal for us.

• Stayed December 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bayview Wildwood Resort? Share your experiences!