“Fresh, unique and truly tasty.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Elmira
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Coffee Shop, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Flow Cafe and Catering brings the rich flavours of Waterloo County to the table. Our Cafe offers a tasty retreat. Linger with a great cup of java at our bistro style cafe or meet up with friends or business associate for lunch. From sweet to savoury, enjoy the taste of comfort food with a twist. Our Award Winning Chef will shake up your senses with one of our gourmet entrees, tempting soups, artisan sandwiches and enticing salads. For those with a sweet tooth, there is always something scrumptious to enjoy. Our menu includes gluten-free and vegetarian options. Take-out orders are available - just call to place your order and have it ready for pick up when you arrive at the Cafe. Each day, our Chef creates tempting menu items, so be sure to check our website daily for menu updates! Our Catering is Passionately Created. You see it in the presentation and you experience it in the taste. From appetizing Hors D'Oeuvres to the tempting entrees, our Chef is passionate about food. And it shows. Whether you are hosting a small intimate affairs or a large gathering, let Flow Cafe & Catering create a memorable event for you and your guests. We Cater: Weddings Milestone Celebrations Corporate Events Business Luncheons For a something distinctly different, include our Espresso Bar Service at your next function. Our Barista will treat your guests to the seductive aroma and taste of an espresso created especially for them, right at your venue. Ask us today to include this highly engaging service that will impress your guests. Placing a catering order is easy; simply contact us by email or by telephone and we will do the rest!
Kitchener, Canada
“Fresh, unique and truly tasty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The good folks at Flow recently catered my wedding and I couldn't have been more pleased. The food was exquisite! Each item was fresh, unique and truly tasty! The compliments I received from my guests were endless. Flow went above and beyond in all areas including service and presentation and even went as far as keeping food aside (in the oven) for my groom and I to make sure we ate! I recommend this fantastic caterer and their restaurant to all who appreciate wonderful food.

Visited August 2012

“Amazing food in Elmira!?! Who knew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I eat here all the time, I am not a raging hipster but I do enjoy the indie cafe atmosphere. I love that I get my own water and cutlery, and the server is not hovering around my table making sure I'm 'doing okay'. I love the family atmosphere that the staff give off, we get our food brought to the table by the chef all the time. Breakfast is amazing :) I have never had better poached eggs! I love the variety on the menu, there is definitely sometime for everyone. The price is awesome, especially because I know its fresh and local and real food not processed crap! By far it's the best place to come for breakfast or lunch, get the pear salad ;)

it is in a basement but it's got character.

Love love love flow!!

Happy eating

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
IL
“A True Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My cousin who lives in Elmira and enjoys having lunch at Flow Cafe, took me to this lovely cafe. It's small, in the basement of a building that has seen many purposes over the years, but worth finding and taking a few minutes out of one day to savor it's flavors! The food was great, fresh and tasty. For such a small place, the menu is quite extensive. Salads, interesting soup combinations and drinks. If you are in the area, you must stop by for a culinary treat!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waterloo, Canada
“Great lunches, hidden gem in Elmira”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

A friend suggested Flow Cafe and Catering for lunch, and I was pleasantly surprised, most of all by how delicious and fresh the food was. I had the special, a black bean and chicken quesadilla, and chose the Village (greek) salad as my side. The quesadilla was hot and just the right amount of crispy when it was delivered to the table. Every ingredient was fresh. Portions were perfect for lunch, and the flavour and texture was excellent.

The person running the kitchen and setting the menu clearly knows what they're doing, and loves good, fresh food. I'm looking forward to trying their other wraps, sandwiches and salads.

I have no complaints about the location, they've done what they can with the space, but it's not fancy dining. Flow Cafe is hidden down a set of stairs and around the corner from the main entrance. There are about 12 or 16 tables, water, napkins and cutlery are self-serve, and you order and pre-pay at a counter. Sure, you have to decide upfront whether or not to tip, and you pour your own water, but you don't have to wait for a bill when you're done eating and want to leave. I really like that for a quick lunch.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elmira, ON
“Always Fresh - Always Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Consider stopping into this Cafe for great food that's always fresh! I frequent this establishment for breakfast and lunches and have never been disappointed. I have heard great things about their Catering as well. As far as the other review goes - I think the self serve concept works very well, as this is a very busy spot at lunchtime. The focus here is on fresh food and as I said, I have never been disappointed. They also focus on providing gluten free, dairy free, local and organic menu items and they change things up daily which keeps me coming back! I personally don't care that this cafe is located in the basement of a building since the atmosphere is warm and welcoming and it is positively the BEST food in the area by far. Great coffee too!

• Visited March 2012