“kcaj” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Sorsogon
Sorsogon, Sorsogon, Philippines
“kcaj”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

leak rooms.. poor service..disgusting foods.. better to stay in a beach resort not in this hotel.. you better give your money in charity rather than to stay here.. and most of all the owner treats his employees like a dog.. i suggest to stay in other hotel or beach resort to not experience embarrased and impecable rooms and service....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I wouldn't stay here again. It was very uncomfortable to be here and to make things worse, no hot water for 7 days!!! I paid for it and didn't get it! Staff, well if you like people rolling there eyes at you every time you need help then maybe you will like this place. Attitude 24-7 from the office staff, maybe the owner doesn't care how this place is ran but you will be out of business soon if you don't make changes. Constant lying about fixing the water pressure and hot water. Didn't have toilet paper for days and clean towels, forget about asking. This will take hours for them to get for you. Beware, this place is not foreigner friendly!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Las Piñas, Rizal, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

i stayed at this hotel for 3 nights on business. The cable TV was nice, had a lot of channels, and an LCD TV to boot; the bathroom was a wee bit cramped but comfortable; bed was just right, not so stiff but not so cushy... but the thing that got me was the morning after the last night of my stay. Breakfast was cold, had to wait 5 minutes for them to get me a glass of water and I almost finished my meal before the salt that i requested before i started eating arrived. Also, the water pressure was so terrible that i had to make do with half a small pail of water for my bath. They told me that the water pressure was low because many people are using it. That for me is not an excuse, considering the investment they put in the hotel plus the rates that they charge, they should have at least made sure that there is a decent water supply for their guests. Their saving grace, at least I like to think, is that the staff that worked in the night shift was a helluva lot better than those who will greet you when the sun is still up. And, the place is high-end-beach-villa clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Not just terrible but horrible service at the Villa Isabel. If this is what you call service, then I would rather sleep in the streets of Sorsogon. No hot water for 3 days, TV service in and out all day. Room smells like mildew and bathtub leaks like a raging flood. I should of read the reviews before staying here. Also, using the pool is not part of the package. I was repremanded in the pool by this he/she guy telling me I have to pay to swim. It would have been appropriate to tell me what is included at the time of check in. The people here are not very welcoming to foreigners. Do your self a favor and stay by the beach, at least you have the water to enjoy instead of this oasis of mosquitos harboring pool.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Davao City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I could say I was warned when I read the latest review Nov 2010. When I called to reserve a room, the lady said that " yes sir you have your reservations ok but I cannot assure you if there will be a room when you get here" duh!!!???? I had my room reserved but I am not guaranteed a room when I get there???? I persisted and she finally called another person and this time a guy finally confirmed that I will have a room but I need to make a deposit - but they do not accept credit card payments!!! I did stay there for a night and the people there really needs training - overhead a guest complaining about the room wasn't made, the front desk said "we are busy po kasi" ??? The pool was great but that did not compensate for the small room and very small toilet. Maybe the newer building was better but was twice as much, which is more than what the other hotels in the area which I think was much better in terms of service and place. Will I go back? Will I refer? Maybe when I want to get back at someone I will surely will bring or refer that person there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

.. seems like the owner is the queen of this castle, customers felt degraded/humiliated on how she talked/argued about the wrong implementation of their rules and regulations
.. need to undergo customer service training..
.. must be precise when it comes to hotel booking/reservation so that client will be served according to their expectation..
.. need to provide special locker for the important things/documents (my relative lost her wrist watch during room make-up)..
.. must know at least the basic law of the international hotel law especially hotel booking/reservation..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2010

good service, clean rooms, planning to go back there soon in october 2010

Stayed October 2009

Been to Villa Isabel? Share your experiences!