This property needs lot of work to get to a normal Club Mahindra status. Here are a few reasons why -
1) Not on the side of Vembanad lake, like most properties are (Zuri, Taj, Kumarakom). Its on the other side with a narrow approach road and it is roughly 700m before you get to the resort.
2) The backwater channels inside the property are lot darker (maybe they are dirty) compared to other properties. So, taking a walk along those is lot less satisfactory.
3) Hardly any opportunities for evening entertainment. Very small fun zone, and inadequately stuffed / staffed. Restaurant had a limited buffet spread.
Further, it is not as beautiful or lavishly spread out like the other top 3 (Zuri et al).
But, here are the pluses that I liked:
1) Room was spacious and the big glass doors those open on the backwater channel was an awesome sight for me. And, I loved the big bathrooms with sunlit roofs. The balcony was a good space as well to sit and chat. Overall, I liked the room.
2) Swimming pool was awesome - big and very well maintained. The backwater arm which forms the boundary of the resort had a great place to sit and watch the waters go by...and if you arrange your boats through the resort, then you'll find it awesome to traverse those backwaters.
3) If you like rains, when small muddle pools form everywhere and you don't mind stepping / splashing onto them, then it becomes a huge property with rain dance opportunity :)
So, overall, make an intelligent choice b/w the pros and cons.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Waters Hotel
- Golden Waters Kumarakom
- Golden Waters Kumarakom, Kerala
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers and Otel so you can book your Golden Waters reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.