I had booked my stay at Abad whispering Palms but for the houseboat I had booked through their website coconutcreek.co.in. I had found their homestay cottage very attractive on the website and I had also got to read good reviews from other travellers, but since by then I had already booked at Abad I decided to book their houseboat.
While staying at Abad I did go to visit their home stay cottage which I must truly say is a very clean and neat place, but the drawback is that it is not on the riverside. The cottage is besides the road.
When We were to check into the houseboat Mr Babu came to pick us up and put us on board the boat. He charged Rs 100 from us for this service. The boat was an utter disappointment. First of all, the boat was a very old one. It was not well done up at all. Though their charge is much reasonable I would say it is better to shell out a few hundreds more for a better stay and a better service.
i have been on a houseboat in Alleppey few years back. I would say I had a much better time then than my experience this time.
I was under the impression that their houseboat would maintain the same quality as their cottage but it turned out the other way around. And in any case the boats don't belong to them since they are hiring it from other sources.
I regret for not having hired a boat from Abad itself, even if it was shelling out a few bucks more.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Creek Farm And Homestay Kumarakom Hotel
- Coconut Creek Farm And Homestay Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Creek Farm And Homestay Kumarakom Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut creek farm and homestay kumarakom is a NATIONAL TOURISM AWARD WINNER for best bed and breakfast in India. Also coconut creek is a TWO time kerala STATE TOURISM AWARD WINNER for best homestay in kerala.Our unique factor is from kerala only coconut creek kerala homestays have received national tourism award for best homestays in India.Also coconut creek kumarakom bed and breakfast is the only one diamond category homestay in kumarakom approved by kerala tourism department. We provide kerala houseboats in kumarakom and alleppey too.Our awards and recognitions :-National Tourism award for best bed and breakfast in India from first man of Indian Honorable Indian President & kerala state tourism excellence award winner for best homestay in kerala for Two time,Holiday IQ Awesome Food award,Holiday IQ Awesome Location Award,Trip Advisor Excellence award for Three time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Tingo, Orbitz, MakeMyTrip, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Coconut Creek Farm and Homestay Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.