“Amazing Houseboat Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Kumarakom
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Amazing Houseboat Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have been looking forward to experience the houseboat stay for a long time as I have heard about this from my friends from Kerala. I saw many of the photos of the houseboats online and was wondering if I ever booked myself, will I get the same houseboat on the photo? Fortunately for me I have a friend who lives there and made the booking arrangements for me and accompany me to the houseboat. I was amazed! The houseboat is like a hotel on the water, a/c two-bedrooms, with all the amenities provided, except that you have your own chef on the boat! I am constantly asked what I want to eat and they will prepare for me. I just want to try the local food and the fish which the lake /river produces. I am told you'll never get this fresh water fish anywhere else. Everything is made to please my taste buds. I am more than satisfied with my one night stay and the food provided for the whole time of my stay is just great! We even have the family of my friend came and shared a dinner with us! The lake/river trip is so relaxing and enjoyable. You can see and hear so many kinds of birds and short stopovers to show you how the local villagers lived. I had an afternoon nap and woke up to a beautiful sunset! I've never seen the sun to be so bright red before! I slept well on the boat at night too! I plan to come back again with my whole family one day. I'll never forget this amazing day!

Room Tip: Specify your requirements. The houseboat could take up to 8 passengers but the bedrooms could sleep...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nashik, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We used this resort as a stop over on our way to Alleppey. The location is good. Though the size of the resort is small. This gives you limited options to view the backwaters. It can be a good stay for a day but beyond that there is not much to do unless you use their house boats, which we did not try.

The limited backwater view is amazing. The swimming pool location is superb with the lake view. Though the property is not very big, it's clean and nicely maintained.

Food choices for breakfast were limited. The ala carte dinner was nice. Service was very good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
trivandrum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We ITL Holidays team - Trivandrum take this opportunity that the arrangements for group of 140 Pax for the month of 08th Novemeber 2013 for( 01 Night ) stay was marvellous and all arrangements done by Paradise resort& the team was outstanding. We want to express our sincere thanks for all the hard work by each individuals put into making this leisure gathering in to such a success. All of your attendees were impressed by the group with the superlative service received and the elegance of the resort and its amenities. We have received very positive feedback and want to thank you and your team for all of their hard work.

We specially thank General Manager of the resort & Mr. Jaison for there wonderful job and request to extend the services at times .

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Regards
Pramod
Assistant Manager - Inbound Sales.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We were 30 of us who had booked at this Resort. But they have resort accommodation of only 24 persons. They did make arrangements for 6 of us at another resort after a lot of exchange. The food and the stay was good and comfortable.

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable - we were staying in 'Rohini'
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Delhi, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

It was a great stay for us,We were four people and stayed for 2 nights .
I must say it was a great place to relax in.Staff was so helpful and friendly.
Staff helped our stay to be a comfortable stay with good food.
In short..Good food ,clean pool ,excellent service,Fresh food,Value for money with river view

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

we (13 people) stayed at the paradise resort for a day and had a great time. The staff was able to accomodate our last minute plans and made it a very memorable stay. The service was great and we were very happy with the food and the room as well. I would definitely come back here for a longer vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

we attained the Paradise destination through website. since from inquiry till the last goodbye from the resort after the 2 Nights stay the experience was marvelous.
The hospitality which we enjoyed in the house boat, the care, the food and the protection are worth mentioning.The kerala style fish curry meals with Karimeen Fry - a rare experience.

Our stay in the heritage cottage ( CHOTHY ) where the culture and tradition really blends together. The food from the restaurant (OOTTUPURA), the care and the innocent service of the resort staff felt us home away home :) :)

There is huge scope of diversified expansion, where this resort can be turn to be a real Paradise!!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in the Chothy cottage ( 106 ) its near to the lake.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Paradise Resorts? Share your experiences!