At Kumarakom, we stayed for two days at the Kumarakom Lake Resort and the next two days at the Taj Kumarakom resort. At the Kumarakom Lake Resort we stayed at the Heritage Lake View Villa with private pool as also at the Taj Kumarakom we booked the luxury pool villa. The villa and the pool at the Taj were larger. The Kumarakom Lake Resort also has a Presidential villa which was more spacious and with a larger pool, but this was booked during our stay. The Taj property is more sprawling and lush with more privacy. The Lake Resort is more manicured and has more opportunities for interaction with fellow guests.
When we arrived at about four in the evening we were offered tea and snacks gratis at a pavilion in the gardens in keeping with the Kerala hospitality and in the authentic replication of a Kerala tea shop and were taken on a boat cruise along with other guests. The melodious tunes of the flute player and the lush Kerala countryside made the cruise an unforgettable experience.
We had dinner at the Ettukettu which offered a dinner buffet consisting mainly of south Indian food rich with coconut and spices. For those who do not have a taste for south Indian food, other options were available.
The next morning we tried the Rejuvenation Massage which was done on the traditional wooden massage table typical to Kerala and followed by steam. Very relaxing. Other massages available, tailored to suit every age and ailment.
The swimming pool was disappointingly small.
For the energetic, the resort arranges all sorts of activities like indoor and outdoor games, sightseeing trips and cultural shows but we were in a mood for romance………..
- Also Known As:
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel
- Kumarakom Lake
- Kumarakom Lake Resort Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerala's leading resort by the side of famous Vembanadu lake, the largest backwaters of Kerala, located north of Kumarakom. An ideal backwater resort for honeymoon holidays, leisure holidays, family vacation, etc. All the villas are centrally air conditioned - There are 7 lake view heritage villa with plunge pools, 15 Heritage Garden view Villas with plunge pools, 26 meandering Pool Villas, 9 Luxury Pavillion Rooms with heated Jacuzzi, 2 Presidential Suite with private Pool and 4 Air conditioned House boats with 7 rooms. Air conditioned Conference hall with 85 Pax theatre style seating facility available. 100 seater restaurant with traditional Kerala architecture, 45 seater seafood restaurant with bar available. Kerala's traditional Ayurveda, Yoga, and backwater cruise facility available. The entire resort is Wi-Fi enabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Splendia, Tingo, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Kumarakom Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.