This is without a doubt one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at.
Stayed here for 1 night/ 2 days only with 5 family members. On arriving the staff could not be more helpful and I asked if my parents could be upgraded, and they were only too happy to oblige. There are 3 types of rooms - basic, then the ones with the wonderful swimming pool surrounding them (in all the pics) and then private rooms with their own plunge pool. They upgraded my parents to the top room for no extra cost.
I have to admit that the basic rooms are huge and better than any other 5 star resort I have stayed in. You practically get your own chalet, they are so large. The only downside was that the large jacuzzi's had just been fitted so only had cold water which was just too cold to use. But the impressive walk in shower would do just fine. My wife and I were keen to swim in the large swimming pool which surrounds 30 villas and again they let us do this despite it being only available to those villas and not ours. If we go back then this is the room I would go for and from the pictures on their website it really is as stunning as it looks.
The staff were so friendly and by the end of the day knew us by our name. They also had a variety of games/gym, free pottery and weaving classes.
The 2 restaurants had a huge selection of dishes and the food excellent.
It was a great place to relax but the only downside was that outside the resort there is very little at all to do, and as there is no beach I think it limits how much time you can stay there.
But if you are going to Kumarakom I would definitely stay here. It was the best resort in Kerala and was voted best resort in India.
- Also Known As:
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel
- Kumarakom Lake
- Kumarakom Lake Resort Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerala's leading resort by the side of famous Vembanadu lake, the largest backwaters of Kerala, located north of Kumarakom. An ideal backwater resort for honeymoon holidays, leisure holidays, family vacation, etc. All the villas are centrally air conditioned - There are 7 lake view heritage villa with plunge pools, 15 Heritage Garden view Villas with plunge pools, 26 meandering Pool Villas, 9 Luxury Pavillion Rooms with heated Jacuzzi, 2 Presidential Suite with private Pool and 4 Air conditioned House boats with 7 rooms. Air conditioned Conference hall with 85 Pax theatre style seating facility available. 100 seater restaurant with traditional Kerala architecture, 45 seater seafood restaurant with bar available. Kerala's traditional Ayurveda, Yoga, and backwater cruise facility available. The entire resort is Wi-Fi enabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Splendia, Tingo, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Kumarakom Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.