“kumarakom lake resort, kerala, india” 5 of 5 stars

Kumarakom Lake Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kumarakom North Post, Kumarakom 686 566, India   |
Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Kumarakom
Vancouver, Canada
“kumarakom lake resort, kerala, india”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

It was the most wonderful place that we have ever stayed in our travela. The staff were excellant, the food was fantastic, had all kinds of facilities, the infinity pool was just fabulus!!! It was a five star resort all around. We will go there any time if we ever get a chance to go again.

Room Tip: book rooms with a private pool!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sanjay V, Manager at Kumarakom Lake Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Greetings from Kumarakom Lake Resort!!!

We would like to thank you for sparing your valuable time in giving us your feedback. We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay at out resort and the staff and services were up to your expectation.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back at Kumarakom Lake Resort.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at KLR in July 2014 for two nights and must mention that this would by far qualify to be one of the best resort properties that we have stayed at. The meandering pool villa we stayed at was excellent and better than what we expected. Hotel staff is always eager to offer assistance and their genuinely smiling faces can make anyone smile !! One of the best coffees by that great old gentleman who would happily display the art of making the meter coffee. We ended up having more than one just to see him make the coffee :-) Overall a great experience.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Kumarakom Lake Resort!!!

We would like to thank you for sparing your valuable time in giving us your feedback. We sincerely thank you for the accolade . We are pleased to know that the staff and the service were up to your expectation. Chef Jose at the Thattukada definitely one of the assets of our resort.

Kochi, Kerala, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

I went here when my cousin gifted me a day last year. The place is well kept and clean. The rooms have a lot of woodwork and this made the experience feel very traditionalisque ( thats not a word ) . The pool was nice but not wide within the room compared to other places I have been to . Even though what I have written here might sound like mixed feelings so far, I had a great time . There was something about the place that made the stay great !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Kumarakom Lake Resort!!!

We would like to thank you for remembering us and for sparing your valuable time in giving us your feedback. We shall definitely strive to ensure all our guests get the best of services.

Chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Kumarakkom Lake Resort - A Paradise true to its tag line. I am only just back from the trip to the resort with my husband, fresh as dew. I wanted to write the review while I was there at the resort, but out of pure lack of time (since I was engulfed by the sweetness of the place) and out of sheer laziness (brought about by awesome surroundings, mouth-watering food & having my husband all to myself away from the hustle & bustle of normal life), I felt I would not be able to do justice to the review if I wrote it while at KLR

I thank God for having found us this resort (in His own country). It was pure luck & by chance that we landed into KLR's website :) I must say my husband has a beautiful taste when it comes to choosing & picking artful things (including me). Mr.Mani from the admin office at Chennai was truly accomodative in getting us the right package and itinerary for our three day trip

The resort has been built on the beautiful banks of the Vembanad lake - a traditional yet classic set up, with a picturesque & aesthetic touch to it. When you walk into the resort, you feel you have just walked into a page out of a fairytale book. The reception area is exteremly well maintained with smiling hosts, enough number of relaxation seaters & 'aattukattil' (lengthy swings) that can be found only in grandparents' houses. You can catch your first glimpse of the lake and you fall in love instantaneously with the place.

The staff take you around and let you explore pottery making, mat weaving, the souvenir shop and the restaurant. We had a short tour and sat back in the beautiful lawn (also, the place for tea-time snacks) to engulf the complete beauty of the place.

The rooms are just beyond imagination - a perfect blend of tradition with the modern amenities. We stayed in the Private Pool Villa for the first day and the Meandering Pool Villa on the second day. We planned it this way since we wanted to have a taste of both the views. The private pool villa is just perfect for honeymooners and couples!The room spells 'Romance' with just the right kind of lighting, the ambience and I could actually take in the fragrance of love! Kudos guys, for having maintained the rooms so so well. Since my husband is a TV-buff, he loved staying in the cosy room with a pool by your side, insects chirping in the neighbourhood, food brought in by excellent room-service (customized to suit your taste), and watching TV without a care in the world! As for me, I loved nothing more than sitting in the pool all day and watching TV alongside! Being a poor swimmer, I often do not get a chance to enjoy water places - but, on the wonderful pools, even an infant can spend time happily and safely!

Coming to the food - The complimentary breakfast spread is a royal feast and sets your taste buds asking for more! The lunch and dinner buffets are slightly expensive (including the taxes and stuff), but there are umpteen varieties in the Ala Carte menu which spoil you for choices. The chef is really a master of his own! He twists and tosses the spices and puts them in the dishes that go straight to your tummy & heart - and you end up eating more (and getting worried about the kilos you are eventually going to put up :P)

The sunset cruise was thoroughly enjoyable - the sweet beat of little waves on the river, tiny raindrops, a band playing music that brings tranquility & the resort seeming like a palace shimmering with little lights as you come back to it! After the sunset cruise, the walk around the resort was just fantastic - tiny lights all around the pools, happy people & merry-making children.

I would love the congratulate the entire team of KLR for their hospitality. If I could take names, I want to thank Binoy - for being so friendly, sportive. He just brings so much cheer to all the guests! Way to go, Binoy - we are sure you'll be a superstar in the coming years. Very lovely young ladies - Adhira, Vinu who never forget their smile or sincerity, no matter how many times we troubled them for food and dine! Thank you charming gals - you are gonna have beautiful lives ahad :) I also forgot the name of the gentleman who served our first lunch in the resort (a calm, composed & sincere gentleman) and the beautiful lady who showed us to our rooms, again, on the first day! Once more, amazing job guys, and keep up the good work!

If I need a reason to whine, it would be about the slower check-in procedure (of course, this only adds to your impatience to get to your room and have a view of the pool), but you guys could improve a bit on the check-out & check-in times! Also, unfortunately for us, the TVs in both the rooms we stayed were faulty & we had to get the service engineer to work on it (of course, he landed on dot to get the TV replaced)

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the break - to rest & relax in nature's lap & under KLR's nurture! I would love to see you guys do the amazing job always. My best wishes, and I felrt really bad that I could stay only a short duration in your beautiful landscape. I am coming back, really soon! God Bless!!!!

Cheers
Aadi & Sharan

Room Tip: The meandering villa & the lake facing private pool villa
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sanjay V, Manager at Kumarakom Lake Resort, responded to this review, September 1, 2014

Greetings from Kumarakom Lake Resort!!!

We would like to thank you for sparing your valuable time in giving us your detailed feedback.We are pleased to know you had a memorable stay with us. As rightly put by your good self , We want our guests to experience the feel of a traditional Kerala house with a little modern luxuries.We have also noted the shortfalls and shall work towards improving the same.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I have stay there on 18 aug 2014, I have booked duplex cottage with pool. D view was osum and the location was superb but d bad things is the lack of cleanliness. Lots of mosquitoes in d room although they have put 2 mosquitoes jets but they are not quit enough. 2nd the buffe hall has a open lake canal which smells badly. Food quality is good but d taste & menu is Average.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Kumarakom Lake Resort!!!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us and sparing your valuable time in giving us your feedback.

In your feedback we notice that there are certain areas that have scope for improvement. Please be assured that the feedback given by you is being looked into. We are grateful to you for sharing your experiences so that we could make necessary amends at our end to provide you with excellent services to all our guests . We apologize for the inconveniences caused and assure you the best for the future.

Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to having you back at Kumarakom Lake Resort.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Totally Under whelmed.

Setting wonderful,staff excellent, beds super comfortable and housekeeping excellent.However the
dining experience was poor,the main dining room resembled a cafeteria and not what one would expect from a five star hotel. I suspect the hotel is trying to cater for too many nationalities. South Indian food very disappointing. After two days we chose to dine elsewhere .
Only five star hotel in Kerala that we stayed in where we had to pay for WiFi .

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Kumarakom Lake Resort!!!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay with us and sparing your valuable time for giving us the feedback.

In your feedback we notice that there are certain areas that have scope for improvement. We have taken note of the same. We shall definitely try to amend the same. We are grateful to you for sharing your experiences with regards to the dining option and i sincerely hope you have expressed the same to our colleagues in the restaurant . We do go out of our way to cater to all the guests with their requirements .We apologize for the inconveniences caused and assure you the best for the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We visited Kumarakom Lake Resort in July 2009 and stayed at the Heritage Villa with private pool. It was perfect for two adults and two children aged 8 and 6 years. The service was impeccable. We loved the traditional food served in five-star surroundings.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Kumarakom Lake Resort!!!

We would like to thank you for remembering us and sparing your valuable time in giving us your feedback. It is positive feedback from our guests like you who inspire us in our pursuit for service excellence.

Resident Manager

Been to Kumarakom Lake Resort? Share your experiences!