We visited KLR in mid May after visiting Cochin. The resort is huge with some spectacular views of the Vembanad Lake. The place is well maintained with green lawns and trees. The staff are polite and helpful and try to make your stay comfortable.
We stayed at the Heritage villa with private pool n jacuzzi. It was a lovely experience especially having a pool just ouside your room. All heritage villas have the open bathroom/toilet concept which is fine during the day. However, after sunset you have creepy crawly creatures around the place. One could opt for the Pavillion rooms that have indoor bathrooms.
The resort has 3 dining areas-
Ettukettu, the multi-speciality restaurant - serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Vembanad, the Seafood Bar - the view from this restaurant is amazing. We tried this place once during our stay. They serve some delicious mussels and the famous 'Karimeen' fish.
Thattukada, the Traditional Tea Shop - serves guests tea and light snacks in the evening.
The resort is dimly lit at night which is a bit troublesome given that if you are on a meal plan you would need to walk to the restaurant and brave through the frequent power cuts.
I would have rated it 5 stars but deducted one for the overpriced rates at the resort and restaurants. Another flaw was the dinner spread, which we were told was a-la-carte instead of the buffet spread which was part of the package.
All in all it is a great place to just relax, unwind and soak in the beauty of God's own country.
- Also Known As:
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel
- Kumarakom Lake
- Kumarakom Lake Resort Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerala's leading resort by the side of famous Vembanadu lake, the largest backwaters of Kerala, located north of Kumarakom. An ideal backwater resort for honeymoon holidays, leisure holidays, family vacation, etc. All the villas are centrally air conditioned - There are 7 lake view heritage villa with plunge pools, 15 Heritage Garden view Villas with plunge pools, 26 meandering Pool Villas, 9 Luxury Pavillion Rooms with heated Jacuzzi, 2 Presidential Suite with private Pool and 4 Air conditioned House boats with 7 rooms. Air conditioned Conference hall with 85 Pax theatre style seating facility available. 100 seater restaurant with traditional Kerala architecture, 45 seater seafood restaurant with bar available. Kerala's traditional Ayurveda, Yoga, and backwater cruise facility available. The entire resort is Wi-Fi enabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo and Expedia so you can book your Kumarakom Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.