If you like to experience India at arm's length (or should I say boat 's length) then this place is a perfect retreat. Indeed, initially, I was worried about the hermetically sealed nature of this place, but you find yourself being bowled over by the outstanding warmth, grace and hospitality of the entire staff.
The pool was excellent, with sunbeds aplenty, but it really was lovely to sit on the veranda of our comfortable bungalow and watch the varied birdlife and boats pass by. The food was very good, if a little on the expensive side (no doubt due to one's captivity) but, if you truly want to splash out, the seafood restaurant serves superb dishes, in a wonderful ambience, although at European prices.
Certainly, the range of free and chargeable activities were many and varied, including a free and delightful sunset cruise, bird watching, cookery etc... so it's fair to say that this is a quite a special place (as evidenced by Paul McCartney' s stay!)
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Lagoon is CGH Earth group's 'celebration of Kerala' on the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom. Built on a coconut grove with water channels in between, this is truly a unique experience for the guests. As a responsible tourism venture, this eco resort brings alive the culture of the place as well as take good measures to protect the environment through its many recycling and protection processes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.