My girlfriend and I just arrived home after a weeks stay here at Rixos Sungate and we had a fantastic time. We are only 19 so didn't really know what to expect after reading some reviews on here.
Staff were extremely friendly when we arrived and that service continued throughout our stay. Some spoke very good English and some did not- those who didn't found the time to fetch somebody who could. Unfortunately I had a one off incident where a waiter split a drink on my phone- still waiting for a resolution from the hotel, however this was just bad luck.
Food was absolutely fantastic- buffets were more than enough for us and we didn't end up trying any a la carte restaurants because of the price! Drinks great also, cocktails made were excellent- Halil is a top waiter- the man to go to.
We did go during the Mayfest where the hotel was absolutely swarming with Russians and an upbeat population, but being young this came as no negative experience and was quite enjoyable. However I would recommend to older couples/ children do not visit during this time.
Very beautiful views and the hotel was always clean, staff cleaning all of the time. Room was very nice, comfy and spacious and we had no complaints on that front.
Weather was on and off- so I would say it is a risk to visit at this time if you're solely relying on sun! Pool area was huge and beds are massively comfy- probably the best beds you'll come across in a hotel!
Overall it was a very pleasant experience and I can only recommend the hotel to anybody! We had a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- REDICOVER RIXOS SUNGATE. Rixos Sungate has welcomed the 2011 summer with a brand new face, working in conjunction with 4 construction firms and 2 highly respected architects throughout the winter period to renovate its rooms and public areas to create new projects to satisfy its guests. Rixos Sungate is once again prepared to create a holiday experience that is above expectations. The brand new 8 Grand Deluxe Villas are located at our VIP area, at 241m2 and with 3 bedrooms, kitchen, brand new interior design, private pool and exclusive guest services, Rixos Sungate has incorporated luxury and comfort whilst being both private and discreet. The VIP section has its own garden, private pool and entrance, along with the Siesta Bar and Supreme VIP Restaurant. Our 12 brand new Villa Executive Gardens have the distinction of being the only villas overlooking the sea with private terrace, pool and access to the Aegean Restaurant; we are proud to offer VIP services to our guests. All our rooms will have LCD for our guests enjoyment and Wi-Fi will be available so that the world is a click away. To take full advantage of the pleasures of the beach and sun, we have designed and built 2 brand new piers for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Rixos Sungate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sungate Port Royal Hotel
- Sungate Port Royal Beldibi
- Sungate Hotel
- Rixos Sungate Hotel Antalya Province/Beldibi, Turkey