We have just been on second visit to the rixos sungate. This time for one week on 6th December, 3 boys aged 12, 9, 6. We visited in the summer and where impressed by the facilities of the hotel and numerous things to do, so decided it may be worth a visit over Xmas. We had initially booked two rooms but were upgraded to family suite, consisting of a separate bedroom and a large sitting area. Again like last time no complaints about the room very large and comfy.
One complaint we had was that even in the winter the rooms were quite warm, but the air con is set to not blow cool air over winter months. Cost saving, so i found it to warm at night to sleep.
We expected the alot of the facilities of the hotel to be not open but thought they may put on more of an effort with regards to entertainment for the small amount of guests that were there. The main buffet again was of good standard, and only two of the al carte restaurants were open. But because no other snack bars were open it got very boring. The hotel shud really let you have more access to the al a carte restaurant or include room service of the Xmas period. Towards the end of our stay they closed the main buffet hall and moved everyone into the restaurant and reduced the size of the buffet. we where glad this was toward the end as we would have been very disappointed.
To summarise I don't think its worth coming to this hotel in the Xmas as it can be a bit boring and the staff don't go out of their way to make the experience that great. This was my one main complaint in the summer. With less guests they could have focused on customer experience and made you felt special. However I would like to say thank you to Angelina on the guest relations desk who was always helpful and fantastic.
Save your money and come in the summer to get the best out of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- REDICOVER RIXOS SUNGATE. Rixos Sungate has welcomed the 2011 summer with a brand new face, working in conjunction with 4 construction firms and 2 highly respected architects throughout the winter period to renovate its rooms and public areas to create new projects to satisfy its guests. Rixos Sungate is once again prepared to create a holiday experience that is above expectations. The brand new 8 Grand Deluxe Villas are located at our VIP area, at 241m2 and with 3 bedrooms, kitchen, brand new interior design, private pool and exclusive guest services, Rixos Sungate has incorporated luxury and comfort whilst being both private and discreet. The VIP section has its own garden, private pool and entrance, along with the Siesta Bar and Supreme VIP Restaurant. Our 12 brand new Villa Executive Gardens have the distinction of being the only villas overlooking the sea with private terrace, pool and access to the Aegean Restaurant; we are proud to offer VIP services to our guests. All our rooms will have LCD for our guests enjoyment and Wi-Fi will be available so that the world is a click away. To take full advantage of the pleasures of the beach and sun, we have designed and built 2 brand new piers for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Rixos Sungate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sungate Port Royal Hotel
- Sungate Port Royal Beldibi
- Sungate Hotel
- Rixos Sungate Hotel Antalya Province/Beldibi, Turkey