Returned August 2012 with children 15 and 9 after a super holiday last year. Brits still in a minority(259 out of 3000 guests the week we were there!) which might matter to some but not us. We had an amazing 2 bed 2 bath seaview grand suite, thank you Rixos.
Improvements on last year are opening of Pino restaurant in Summer, turn down service and more a la carte restaurants for Thomas Cook guests.
Big problem this year is service at Lotus Bar. The staff do not manage the queues at all and even when not busy you can wait 20 minutes. I put up with this until last day when I was on a tight schedule to pack. They have no system other than to serve those who shout loudest and do not catch your eye. I complained to Guest Relations who were wonderful but then I had to wait 15 minutes for the bar manager to repeat the story who was very defensive and asked me to go and point out who had not served me. Don't think so!!!! Just sort it. Reading reviews where people have tipped hundreds of dollars for service the cynic in me thinks it may be a deliberate ploy to get you to tip massively.
Is the pool bar under the same management? These guys manage queues and give good service, big thank you to Ahmet.
We really enjoy this hotel as it suits all our family's wishes for a holiday and we would return, if I thought they would sort out service issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- REDICOVER RIXOS SUNGATE. Rixos Sungate has welcomed the 2011 summer with a brand new face, working in conjunction with 4 construction firms and 2 highly respected architects throughout the winter period to renovate its rooms and public areas to create new projects to satisfy its guests. Rixos Sungate is once again prepared to create a holiday experience that is above expectations. The brand new 8 Grand Deluxe Villas are located at our VIP area, at 241m2 and with 3 bedrooms, kitchen, brand new interior design, private pool and exclusive guest services, Rixos Sungate has incorporated luxury and comfort whilst being both private and discreet. The VIP section has its own garden, private pool and entrance, along with the Siesta Bar and Supreme VIP Restaurant. Our 12 brand new Villa Executive Gardens have the distinction of being the only villas overlooking the sea with private terrace, pool and access to the Aegean Restaurant; we are proud to offer VIP services to our guests. All our rooms will have LCD for our guests enjoyment and Wi-Fi will be available so that the world is a click away. To take full advantage of the pleasures of the beach and sun, we have designed and built 2 brand new piers for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Rixos Sungate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sungate Port Royal Hotel
- Sungate Port Royal Beldibi
- Sungate Hotel
- Rixos Sungate Hotel Antalya Province/Beldibi, Turkey