hi just back from two weeks at the rixos sungate 5th to the 19th of july 2012.in all my years of travelling abroad i have never experienced such terrible service at a bar as i did at the lotus bar,there were no where near enough staff on to serve the amount of people who go to that bar,then you had some really good hard working staff,then you had the complete idiots who when you asked them over to order a drink looked at you as if ,what do you want from me,i could be wrong but a waitress is only there to do one thing serve her customers.the bar staff continually ignored the children, if they went to get a drink at the bar.its a bad day when the bar manager knows your name as you have had to complain so much,same with the guest relations manager.all i kept hearing from thebar manager was he had 3 to 4000 guest in the hotel to serve.i told him that was his problem not mine as i had paid a lot of money for this holiday,my last two holidays in turkey in belek had been great the service and staff were superb and this hotel was supposed to be 5 star,well the service wasnt,the hotel boasts of so many different bars,half of them arent even open other ones the staff come and go as they please or spend the time on there phones to there pals rather tha serving you.one evening in the piano bar they ran out of coca cola and the barmaid wasn,t for going and getting any so one of our paty had to go to another bar and get some unbelievable.you might not believe this but i,m not an alcoholic certainly no chance of becoming one at this hotel.the a la carte restaurants were absolutely superb if they ran the rest of the hotel like them it would be a great hotel.this is not a new problem i fear at this hotel as they employ about 6 massive stewards at the lotus bar, to stop holiday makers killing the bar staff and each other because of the service.i never thought i would write a review about a hotel,but i was so annoyed i just had to i hope this helps other people to make a good choice of hotel,because i wont go back to the rixos sungate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- REDICOVER RIXOS SUNGATE. Rixos Sungate has welcomed the 2011 summer with a brand new face, working in conjunction with 4 construction firms and 2 highly respected architects throughout the winter period to renovate its rooms and public areas to create new projects to satisfy its guests. Rixos Sungate is once again prepared to create a holiday experience that is above expectations. The brand new 8 Grand Deluxe Villas are located at our VIP area, at 241m2 and with 3 bedrooms, kitchen, brand new interior design, private pool and exclusive guest services, Rixos Sungate has incorporated luxury and comfort whilst being both private and discreet. The VIP section has its own garden, private pool and entrance, along with the Siesta Bar and Supreme VIP Restaurant. Our 12 brand new Villa Executive Gardens have the distinction of being the only villas overlooking the sea with private terrace, pool and access to the Aegean Restaurant; we are proud to offer VIP services to our guests. All our rooms will have LCD for our guests enjoyment and Wi-Fi will be available so that the world is a click away. To take full advantage of the pleasures of the beach and sun, we have designed and built 2 brand new piers for our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Rixos Sungate Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sungate Port Royal Hotel
- Sungate Port Royal Beldibi
- Sungate Hotel
- Rixos Sungate Hotel Antalya Province/Beldibi, Turkey