Awesome is an overused word but the view from the cabin really deserves it. The cabins sit right on the edge of the fjord with uninterrupted views. The cabin itself was stick and span with an open plan living and kitchen area and a double bedroom on the ground floor and a cute loft room (so cute we slept up there despite the very low ceiling and loft ladder up!). The complex of hotel and bar was really appealing. Breakfast is served in a charming old house and was delicious. The owner was really friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vangsgaarden Gjestgiveri is situated in Aurland, a small town idyllically placed in the innermost corner of the Sognefjord. Here at Vangsgaarden, the Ohnstad-Stigen family has welcomed guests for several generations and the hotel has preserved traditions that go all the way back to the 18th century. At our restaurant, Duehuset, you can taste some of the local food our town is known for. Vangsgaarden offers rooms, a restaurant and a variety of activities. Our hotel is located right in the middle of some of Norway's most powerful nature experiences like the Flam Railway, the Naeroyfjord and the Aurlandsdalen Valley. ROOMS In our hotel wing we have 18 rooms with beautiful views. In our garden by the fjord we have 6 cabins that are suitable for 4-5 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Vangsgaarden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vangsgaarden Hotel Aurland Municipality
- Vangsgaarden Western Fjords
- Vangsgaarden Norway