We had a wonderful time in this area right outside Siena and would give San Lorenzo a 3.5 or so. There were some positives and some things that, for us, were.. less positive.
- The grounds are lovely. And the views from there are spectacular. It's not a huge site but big enough to stroll for a little bit. The pool area looked nice but we were there in October so it was not pool weather (they closed it the second day we were there). And the buildings are very picturesque (as you'd expect in Tuscany).
- Having an apartment is great. This isn't the only place, of course, where you can rent an apartment but it's always a plus for us.
- The staff were very friendly and so helpful with recommendations for restaurants and towns to visit.
- The location is great to visit a number of towns in the area. Great base.
The Less Good:
- Lovely grounds - however, as another reviewer said, there seems to be a shortage of furniture out in the gardens to sit and enjoy for a bit. My husband and I ended up sitting at an outdoor table which probably belonged to another apartment.. but it didn't seem like the apt was occupied.
- The apartment was sparsely decorated. I'm a designer... and it needed a little help. This was definitely not a deal-breaker: the showers were hot and the bed was comfy!
- Unless you come with a big group who likes to bring back your own bottles of wine and drink them AFTER dinner.. I would highly recommend finding another place with a restaurant on-site or with a restaurant within walking distance. All of the restaurants we went to nearby were wonderful.. but.. since my husband had to drive back.. we could never completely relax and have as much wine as we'd like...
- There was not much of a common area - the bar and its attached "library" is very haphazard.. like an afterthought.. not a place where it would be comfortable to hang out for a while.
- The breakfast is a bit simple. But it was Italy.. I don't think it was much different from any other italian breakfast I've ever had. You won't get an omelet.. but they actually did have eggs one day! Bonus!
- The masseuse was a little hands-y. Must be a European thing.. because it wasn't just me.. my husband said the same. The "water path" was hilarious.. it was basically like a spa circuit with a sauna, steam room, "emotional shower"(??), jacuzzi and a shower in which you pull a cord and an entire bucket of cold water falls on you. It felt like we had reserved the spa for our private "water path".. but we weren't sure... it was awkward. But funny.
In short, this place was not perfect.. but it was nice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your San Lorenzo a Linari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Lorenzo a Linari Sovicille
- San Lorenzo a Linari Italy/Sovicille, Tuscany