We stayed here for 4 nights as part of a tour of Tuscany, and it was without doubt one of the loveliest places we've ever found. Nestled in the quiet hills of central Tuscany in an idyllic and quiet location, the surroundings are beautiful, the staff are friendly and helpful and the buildings and rooms are traditional and charming. The swimming pool in the woods is wonderful - we had the whole thing to ourselves much of the time, like a little private paradise. Watch out for the mosquitoes though - we did get eaten alive. Food was out of this world, served by the friendliest waiter who couldn't do enough to help - he was a star! We loved the Italian opera that was played while we dined outside overlooking the view, just added to the romantic atmosphere. Would highly recommend this place for a quiet retreat for a couple or young family, and it would be an ideal honeymoon destination. Don't come here if you're looking for wild nightlife, it is definitely a place for relaxtion and peace & quiet. Make sure you visit the nearby medieval town of Monteriggioni, it's like stepping back in time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Borgo Pretale is a heavenly retreat in the lush green hills of Siena.34 rooms located both in the XIIc. Tower and in the lovely cottages spread in the 2h garden.Restaurant with tuscan specialities and terrace with breathtaking view over the valley. Sporting activities: Tennis court, gym with sauna, archery, trekking, mountain biking and swimming poolConference room -ideal location for team building and outdoor training.Wedding and banqueting facilities.Open seasonly from April to October ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Borgo Pretale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Borgo Pretale Sovicille
- Borgo Pretale Hotel Sovicille
- Borgo Pretale Italy/Sovicille, Tuscany