“Good food and service ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Good food and service ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

We got a very nice meal here. Ate first a dessert and we went back next day for lunch. We had a great meal and fantastic dessert chocococo :). The waiters sims fine at least work better than official places, with better customer service and attention. Well done :)

• Turkish first
Milan, Italy
“"The perfect place"!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

Absolutely the place to be in Baracoa!
We spend there 4 nights and we had really a great time. We dind’t have to worry about anything because there was Nilson taking care of us!

Nilson provided us with a great accommodation: an independent flat in front of the Malecòn with a balcony and a rooftop where we could enjoy a fantastic view on the bay.

He has been fantastic with us, he has been at our disposal for every need and he organized for us some trips in Baracoa.
The food in his restaurant is the best in town and all the waiters are very kind! The first night for the dinner he also reserved for us a special table on the roof of his restaurant so to enjoy the night view of Baracoa.

Highly recommended.

Muchas gracias Nilson de la chicas italianas Ilaria y Valeria! Esperamos de ver-nos pronto!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious dinner with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I'm really surprised this is only rated 4th on Trip Adviser. This was up there with one of the best meals we had in Cuba.

To start with, the staff were fantastic. Really friendly when we spoke to them during the day (re menu and booking) and happy to chat when we arrived there later that night.

We chose to eat at the lone table at the very top. It was slightly breezy when we first sat down but by some miracle, the wind disappeared shortly after. We loved the view from the top and the clear sky added to the experience.

We ordered our cocktails and dinner (fish and chicken in their coconut sauce). My chicken was fantastic and I loved the sauce. Best coconut sauce in Baracoa.

My wife had a local fish (I can't remember the name). I'm a non-seafood eater but I tried some anyway... It was delicious! If only I could remember the name!!! The meat fell apart, was white and fresh.

The sides we ordered were also tasty.

The whole meal itself was relatively cheap too. But all meals in Cuba were I guess.

I really liked this place and we had such a lovely time. Thanks to the friendly staff, good dinner and view, I have no issues recommending La Terraza.

“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The restaurant was fine, over priced compared to other places in Baracoa that serve equally and often better food. However DO NOT STAY AT THE CASA!
We stayed at this Casa and although the room was fine no better than any other casa we stayed in through out Cuba, the owner Nilson was horrible. He was agressive and rude and told us lots of lies while we were there. There was lots of construction going on in his restuarant which was right above our room, which was really noisy early in the morning and opening the bedroom door and having a big block of concrete nearly land on your head was less than ideal. We had said we were going to stay 3 nights when we arrived but after 2 nights, nilson said he had other people coming that had rang 5 days ago and booked already so we couldn't stay there the 3rd night and claimed he told us this when we first arrived. He had not said this to us but we said we would move to his 'sisters' anyway. He apparently has many sisters he passes people on to. We packed all our bags and went on a trip we had arranged for the day, when we got back in the afternoon the people had never arrived so he said we could stay the night. I wish we had moved but for ease sake we said we would stay. Next day when we were paying and he was totting up the bill we saw he put a different price for the casa then he had originally said. We asked was that the price and he started roaring and shouting and verbally abusing us. It was terrifying. He looked crazy and I was genuinely scared. We just paid and got away from him as quick as possible. Some of the builders downstairs working for him said we should phone the police, that he is a liar but we just wanted to catch our bus and get out of there.
I really advise people not to stay here there are so many casas in Baracoa. We had friends who stayed in much nicer casas here.

One of the scariest experiences I have had, DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Delicious and great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very nice people, delicious food (loved the coconut sauce) and very nice atmosphere. Desert is also yummy. I recommend!

• Visited July 2014