“Absolutely superb, would definitely stay there again and not at any other hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spa Hotel Levitunturi

You added Spa Hotel Levitunturi to your Saves list
Spa Hotel Levitunturi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Levintie 1590, Levi 99130, Finland   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Levi
Swansea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I read all the reviews regarding the Hotel Levitunturi before I took my son and a friend on a 4 night Santa Experience with Inghams in December 2008. Obviously, the reviews were mixed but I carried on with the trip regardless. I must say that I was very impressed with the speed of processing through reception and with the politeness of everyone that I encountered from the hotel. Staff were extremely accommodating and if you didn't prebook activities with the holiday company/rep, then the hotel were happy to do it for you. I did prebook all activities although I would say that the 2.5hr trip to Santa Park was definitely NOT worth it and would advise anyone to not go there. Inghams provide a Santa night free of charge and this is a superb excursion. Also, you can book to visit a Santa Village local to Levi which is tremendous value for money and far superior to the Santa Park and you don't have a 5 hour round trip to make.

I was wary about the Reindeer safari and didn't think I would enjoy it, but as it turned out we had the best laugh and time of our holiday - it was superb. Our lazy reindeer got a spurt on and decided to overtake everyone on the frozen lake!!!

I'd read reports about the food not being very good at the hotel and I must admit you could get bored with the buffet items, but similarly, there was a lot of choice and the staff would also try and accommodate your needs should you wish anything different (albeit for a slight charge no doubt), although we didn't have the need to request anything different.

For lunch we tended to use the pizza restaurant across the road (everything is within 2-3mins walk from the hotel - including snowmobiling, supermarket etc).

Be warned, there is a coffee filter machine in each room, but no filters or coffee. There is no actual kettle either. The drying closet in the walk in shower room is brilliant for hanging wet and damp clothes. You just select the temperature and the amount of time you want it dried for.

We had room 209 which was on the ground floor outside of the hotel and we had a verandah. The hotel pushed up snow into piles outside all of the surrounding accommodation and laid on plastic sledges so children and adults could muck around - great fun (even more so after a few glasses of wine!!) The sledges also came in handy for carrying shopping back from the supermarket!

Being outside of the main hotel was great fun and certainly when we return, we would specify that we would want to be outside of the hotel and not inside as the rooms were great. Very warm, clean and practical - although the TV was flat screen, the programmes were nothing to write home about.

There is a swimming pool/spa/sauna attached to the hotel and is free for residents - beware that they go into the sauna's naked and when I lost my 6yr old son I eventually found him extremely red faced coming out of the men's sauna!!

Locals tend to use the hotel in the evening and certainly dress up for the occasion which put us to shame in our snow boots etc. whilst they were in stilletto's and furs!!! Although it did appear to be a Grab a Granny type of event it didn't interfere with our enjoyment as we were mainly outside attempting to sledge down the snowhills (mind the bumps!!)

We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and wouldn't want to be in any other hotel in the area. We were so impressed we are re-booking with Inghams for this year.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Finnish first
lancs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

Very very poor food - best described as equivalent to very poor quality 'processed' salty canteen food which you had to serve yourself, including getting your own cutlery .

Breakfast was bread ++, porridge (which looked and tasted like 18th Century gruel), burnt greasy bacon, cavity wall insulation (a.k.a. scrambled eggs), stale cake, cheese, ham, sometimes food which had been left over from the previous evenings dinner menu, and of course, just what you need on a winter holiday....salad !!
Liquid refreshment was very strong coffee, horrible tea and 'powdered' orange juice - Come on hotel Levitunturi - you can do better than this - and try employing a few more dining room staff - we never once got asked if we even wanted to order drinks from the bar - if we had we would have spent probably 150 Euros more - and please don't take away all the food and beverages at 8pm ( yes, everything is removed whether or not you have finished or even started).
Your dining room / bar area really lets you down - such a shame because the rooms are OK (walls a bit thin) but good bathrooms with drying cabinets. The good thing is that the village had some good restaurants and a few good bars - Irish Bar (Olivers Corner) is great.

• Stayed April 2009
Beautiful North Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

Just got back from Levi following a week skiing with my family and friends. Absolutely fantastic time, hotel food was good and plentiful. Staff were friendly and great with the kids. Rooms were very clean and warm with good facilities, fridge, coffe maker and TV etc etc.
There is a span and pool located in the hotel lot, it was very clean and warm-brilliant to unwind after a good day's skiing.
It was very cold at -29C so make sure you take plenty of warm clothes, we had been to Finland last year but the cold weather was like no other we had experienced.
the hotel is pretty close to the pistes but be ready for some queuing on your first day.
We will definately be back!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

Althought my stay in Levi was a quick one, I was impressed by this hotel. It was great! The hotel is clean and rooms are spacious, functional, and immaculately clean. I loved all the wood in the rooms and it truly made me feel like I was staying in a cabin of some sort. The heated drying unit in the washroom would be very useful. There was no bath tub but the bathroom was very functional. There was a separate room in my room with bunk beds. A little kitchen area had a microwave and everything you would require to put together a quick snack.
Although I didn't try it, the pool looked beautiful and they retain certain hours just for their own guests which is a nice touch.
The staff seemed very friendly, accomodating, and spoke very good English.
The location was very central and close to the gondola.
Be sure to buy your postcards and souvenirs like Cloudberry Syrup and alcohol at the grocery store, it's a lot cheaper than the other souvenir shops.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

Completed third visit to Lapland and stay at Levituturi Hotel and I must say there was no dissapoitment.
Location to Zero pont and Front slopes was great 5 min walk.
Not much further for free Ski bus.
Food at breakfast was fair but not great hot choice, seemed funny seeing salad laid out at breakfast time, but there was always sme permatation to fill you up
Dinner was good plenty of choice with salads and hot choices, even trying the childrens option was good. Make as many trips as you like if you found something nice.
Sweets for me were a bit bland, but I'm not a sweet lover.

Only downfall was the evening entertainment, live groups at nights but if you are not a balroom dancer then yu will be out of luck. Didn't get doen to the Kareoke bar, and I didn't see many visit it either. Mind you it seemed all places were quite in the resort at night. Walked round a couple of times and hardley met anyone.

Drinks were pricey, but at €5.80 for large Koff seemed high but it was one of the cheaper places apart from buying some tins in the supermarket for your room.

Unfortuantly i had to do the trip on my own, but I booked as a single occupancey which had no extra supliment. On arrival I ws given a spacious twin bedded room with dryin closet, fridge like all other rooms in tha category. Under floor bathroom floor was welcomed. After a full day Skiing the room/bed was very comforting. The cabins are set away from the main block of rooms, each block contained about 10-12 rooms.

The Spa pool was large any not too deep. Felt a bit cold though, even though they said it ws 30 deg.
Only problem was the walk outside to get to it. All included in the price though.

Very central and convieniant for supermarket - information building and to get onto some fantastic walks.

• Liked — Same good service for all my visits over six years
  • Disliked — Evening entertainment
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2009

The Hotelli Levitunturi is all you can expect from a low cost skiing hotel and a lot more, the rooms are fairly spacious and well equiped. The room are perfect for wet, snowy clothes and have a drying off cupboard well positioned in the room. A sauna at the end of the corridor is a refreshing change from the UK's communal facilities and is very clean and well worth a few trips.

The bar facilities and resteraunts are exellent servining fantastic pizza on the lunch time menu. The food is very good for the price although can become a bit repetative. But bear in mind this visit was my second week at this hotel.

The positioning of the hotel could not be better as it is just a 2 minute walk from the Ski storage areas and the slopes.

All in all a great hotel and a great place to Ski.

• Liked — Complete Functionality, and clenliness.
  • Disliked — Could have possibly been a little larger.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

Ive just returned 3 days ago from my 2nd stay at the levitunturi. Last time i had a small cabin room for 2 and was very happy with it. This time we had a family room in the 800 block, it was fabulous...i travelled with my 2girls aged 4 and 8, and partner, the bunk beds were in a small box room separated by a folding door, we had a kitchenette that was very well equipted.. couldnt fault it at all. I didnt have a drying cupboard last time but sure made use of having one this time.
I stayed over xmas 23rd till 28th, i did the exact same cosmos santa package 2yrs ago...and i know its never the same the 2nd time round.. but the reps were more apathetic and the buffet this time was only 50% of what we were presented with choice wise last time... still very good food frequently replenished, but a touch samey after 5days... and i have to stress i am very adventurous with food, honey and almond glazed cod, willing to give it a go. We did stick to the hotels request that you apply alcohol gel to your hands on the way into the resturant... think about it , not everyone has good hand hygiene, and many hands touch the serving spoons etc on a buffet style resturant, so its more likely that any tummy upsets etc are a direct result of this sort of cross-contamination than any poor standards of food! (used to work in microbiology).
that aside it was a balmy -7 - +3degrees while we were there, the best day for me was xmas day where we booked a local tour... cosmos's were slightly overpriced, to a husky farm and ended up driving 8 husky's over 5k of frozen lake...utter bliss.
Would deff go back, but out of the xmas season next time, great hotel fantastic picture postcard resort... hopefully next time i will get to see the northern lights ;-)

• Liked — location, rooms, friendly staff
  • Disliked — no tobbogons available outside the hotel...as promised
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Spa Hotel Levitunturi? Share your experiences!