“Ti Kaye was more than we could have hoped for!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box GM 669, Anse Cochon, St. Lucia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ti Kaye was more than we could have hoped for!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2004

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Ti Kaye. It was paradise!!! Everything about it was great...the staff, the views, the snorkeling, the food and the rooms. We only left the resort once, and that was for a beautiful trip to Soufriere. We highly recommend Ti Kaye Village to anyone who is considering a trip to St. Lucia.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2004

Ti Kaye is pure magic fueled by love in the air. If you are seeking a romantic, private, secluded, scenic getaway then you need look no further. Toss in a gourmet restaurant with reasonable prices and you have achieved nirvana.

My wife and I enjoyed a week from 8/9 through 8/16 to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
The room was nice and clean and the bed quite comfy. We spent almost all room time on the balcony either observing the cove below or reading. I loved the garden shower – I’ve never had such elbowroom – and you feel quite natural showering under the bright sun or even showering during a shower! Some days I showered as many as 3 times!

We are scuba enthusiasts and we were not disappointed. Terrell runs a smooth operation at the PADI dive shop at the base of the beach. Excellent service included washing of all gear after each dive. His assistants Manu and George were also very personable and a pleasure to dive with. Terrell will supervise the dives as well as entertain on the boat, his singing and joke telling made for many good laughs. We enjoyed diving across from the Pitons off of Soufriere and the wreck right off the beach – The Lesleen M. Snorkeling is also quite good at the north side of the beach – we saw octopus, sea snakes, moray eels, and many colorful reef fish.

We also spent a day jungle biking at nearby Anse Chastenet, which was also fun. Quality Cannondale mountain bikes were provided and we were turned loose to explore several different challenging bike trails through the jungle. A nice BBQ lunch was also included as well as snorkel gear to explore yet another private beach. There is a $40 cab charge to take you to a boat in Marigot Bay that we were not aware of.

We ate at the resort all 6 nights and looked forward to the changing menu offerings each night. The lobster bisque was superb as well as all of the Mahi-Mahi dishes, rack of lamb and pork tenderloin. The service was fantastic as all of the servers made an effort to remember our names and make us feel at home. Theresa in particular exudes such warmth and friendliness - she was a pure gem to meet and share our daily adventures with.

The one night we did not eat at the resort was the jaunt into Anse Laraye on Friday night for the fish fry. What a hoot! Music, merriment, cheap rum and beer and a wide assortment of island fare. One of our fellow guests brought back a case of beer (hi Han Lee) and we had a grand party at the bar even though it was closed – the security guard turned on the lights for us.

Almost every guest we met found Ti Kaye at tripadvisor.com and was equally as impressed as we were. We made friends with folks from the states and England and shared stimulating conversation with them at the bar after dinner.

Some items you do not want to forget: binoculars – the view from the balcony is priceless and great fun to watch Sandals, Carnival and others bring snorkelers to the secluded cove. There is also fabulous sailboat watching as the cove is perfect for overnight mooring. If you have scuba skins they will be handy as the jellyfish were bad and we both received our share of stings – not everyone has the same reaction to them – my wife felt the sting (pinprick) and that was it, I itched for several days but it did not stop me from hitting the water everyday. We asked our driver to stop at a grocery store on our way in to pick up some rum and beer for our room, we saved a few bucks but the prices at the resort are quite reasonable. The mosquitoes still found me at night no matter how many lines of defense I tried, although I brought some extra strength DEET that provided some relief.

All in all a very memorable trip that we can heartily recommend! Feel free to email if you have any questions.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2004

We arrived in St Lucia at Hewanorra airport in the South of the island, for our honeymoon and first trip to the Caribbean. The initial view we had of the Pitons and the blue-green waters was a perfect appetiser for what was to follow.
The journey from the airport took about 90 minutes, but was well worth it for our first views of the island, experienced from the East coast road. Indeed the driver was very knowledgeable and pointed out places of interest en route.
The driveway to the resort was an adventure, but the splendid views and the tranquility of Ti Kaye justify the ride.
Stepping through the porch and into the bar/restaurant affords you magnificent views over the bay at Anse Cochon. We arrived just as a light rain shower was passing through, which had the effect of making the view even more breathtaking. After our welcome cocktail (the first of many Rum Punches) we were shown to our cottage by Giselle.
From the cottage's verandah you have an excellent unobstructed view of the bay below and each cottage is private. The hammock and outdoor shower were nice touches, as was the four poster bed, scattered with petals on our arrival.
During our stay we found the rooms to be very clean and kept the windows open throughout the day, to let the cooling sea breezes pass through. However, at night the a/c was a welcome relief. The lack of tea-making facilities was of no concern. There's an awful lot of us Brits that can't stand tea!
Throughout most of our stay we were the only British people staying at the Village, but we got on well with our fellow American couples, of whom the vast majority were also on honeymoon, and of a similar age. It was nice to be at a resort without any noisy kids for once. I'm sure married life will afford plenty of time for that!
The food at Ti Kaye was second-to-none. The menus offered mostly local dishes, cooked with tasty sauces and spices. I especially enjoyed the Pepperpot Stew we had twice at dinner during our 8-day stay, and it was also nice to try different vegetables, again all grown locally.
Breakfasts were filling, offering a choice of St Lucian, American or English meals, with fruit/cereal.
I would recommend the meal plans for those who eat a lot (like me!). However, it did make the climb from the beach seem a little more difficult than it should have been! During my stay I put on 7 lbs in weight.
The service we received from all the staff was outstanding. I cannot understand how Jeannine can be referred to as 'scatty'. She was extremely helpful throughout our stay, especially when my wife was ill one night, when she helped arrange for our meals to be taken back to the cottage.
Theresa was really friendly, and Giselle (mainly at reception), Cleus and Rose at breakfast and Joel at the bar all deserve praise. In fact all the staff were very pleasant and were happy to go out of their way to help guests.
We undertook several daytrips. The best of these was the Land & Sea tour. Ryan, the guide for the 'land' part was extremely knowledgable, and he takes you to a relaxing hot spring bath, before you visit the Botanical Gardens and have lunch at the Ladera Resort. The views of the Pitons from here are breathtaking, and we were fortunate enough to be shown one of the rooms in this resort too. However, be warned, there is no air conditioning in the Ladera rooms, so we were glad we chose Ti Kaye. The tour concluded with a visit to the impressive Sulphur Springs.
Castries seemed like a typical Caribbean town. The cathedral and central square were impressive, and the sights, sounds and smells of the markets were not to be missed. It is also the place for duty-free shopping. However, the presence of a giant cruise ship in the port had forced the prices up, and bargains were few and far between. We ignored the recommended restaurants, preferring instead to indulge in a KFC! I couldn't manage 3-course meals for lunch and dinner, in addition to the filling breakfast every day!
We would also recommend a trip to the Rum Distillery. The tour itself was nothing special, and indeed many people were finding the alcohol smell nauseating. However, the opportunity to sample all the different types of rum made there, and then to purchase them at very reasonable prices, should not be missed. On the same day, we tried a forest trail in the central part of the country (The Barre de L'Isle trail). This was quite tiring and would have been better with one of the local guides, who had already entered the trail with another party.
We tried a little driving in St Lucia, by hiring a jeep on one day. Whilst it was easy for us, as the St Lucians drive on the same side of the road as Britain, the sharp curves and sometimes haphazardous driving detracted a little from our day. However, we did get to see the Northern part of the island, and realised why we had not chosen to stay in Rodney Bay instead. We also discovered why we had not taken the South/West coast main road from the International airport. It was very slow going, with numerous potholes, machinery, mud, and other obstacles to negotiate. However, we did get to visit a former sugar plantation at the Balenbouche estate, which had a nice house and grounds, and we had a pleasant stroll to the beach.
With neither of us liking fish, we were a bit sceptical about going to the Fish Fry at Anse La Raye but Jeannine led us to a stall selling chicken on an adjacent street, and the evening was an excellent opportunity to sample more local drinks and socialise with the locals and Ti Kaye guests alike.
The weather whilst there was hot and humid. Even the locals seemed to be suffering a little. The rain showers that passed through, were sometimes quite heavy, but mostly occurred at night, and were quite refreshing. They would however bring with them swarms of small flies, which tended to accummulate on any available white surface.
We also found mosquito bites quite a problem, but nothing a good repellent and the citronella candles provided, couldn't resolve. We had as many as five lizards in our cottage at one time, and frequent bird visitors, but this only added to the feeling of being 'at one with nature' which we enjoyed so much at Ti Kaye. Another word of warning - watch out for the jellyfish in the sea. They can sometimes come in with the tide and give quite a sharp sting, as I found out!
In summary, Ti Kaye is the ultimate place for a relaxing holiday/honeymoon, and is indeed well suited for couples. We certainly intend to go back one day. The food and general service is unbelievable, the views are spectacular and you will return home feeling suitably relaxed.
As a final word, we left the island using the other airport in Castries. When using American Eagle, I would definitely advise considering an overnight stay in San Juan before attempting an onward flight. By doing this we avoided any hassle caused by missing connections and luggage, and did not have to get up at the crack of dawn to make the flight.
Enjoy!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2004

My wife and I spent seven nights at Ti Kaye from July 19-July 26. We'll try to use this review to comment on what hasn't been said elsewhere, but rest assured - this is an excellent resort and St. Lucia was a great place to be for our honeymoon.

We had great weather during our stay, which extended another week past our time at Ti Kaye at the Villa Beach Cottages (we much preferred Ti Kaye). The occasional rainshower came through during the day, but usually did not last more than a few minutes. There was plenty of sun!

We stayed in the ocean-front cottage `Mele' or `M'. It is very secluded with an amazing view of the ocean. Jeanine told us that she has plans to add a plunge pool to this cottage, which would undoubtedly make it one of the best at the resort. Ti Kaye has paid a lot of attention to detail in setting up their spot on the island, and having talked to many folks while there - it is really hard for us to imagine a better place on the island for honeymooners. We met several couples during our stay - all young, who absolutely loved the place.

We chose to partake in a number of activities through Ti Kaye. We did the nature climb of Gros Piton, which took us about 2 hours up and another 2 down. My wife and I have both hiked before and were pretty wiped out by the climb, but the views from the top were worth it. We had an excellent guide - Mervin - who actually climbed a tree to get us some mangos! The sunset cruise was amazing, and we really enjoyed the snorkeling. Castries is over-rated, with the exception of the lunch at Coal Pot. We also wouldn't recommend the fruit and wine basket unless it comes with your package.

The staff of Ti Kaye are really exceptional. Teresa made an extra effort to get to know us and really made an impression. All of our requests were handled in a timely and professional manner.

The only downside of our trip was the return on American Airlines, which appears to be the norm from other reviews we've read. Our flight out of Castries was effectively cancelled due to ``weight restrictions'' -- what?!? We left six hours later, on a plane that was itself late into Castries, effectively missing our connection to the States. We would recommend another airline and avoiding connections through San Juan if possible.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2004

Just returned from St. Lucia. We spent the first few nights of our honeymoon at the Jalousie Hilton and the last four nights at Ti Kaye. The reason I split the trip up is because I was unsure of Ti Kaye because the only reference tool I had was this website and its reviews. I definitely should have trusted the reviews more, because Ti Kaye was fabulous.

As you can read in the many reviews prior to this one the staff of Ti Kaye is very friendly and informative. My wife and I felt right at home from the beginning. I did not think the road into the resort was as terrible as stated in previous reviews. If fact if you are coming from Castries it is actually not a bad trip. If you are coming from the southern airport the roads are a bit more treacherous. We took a cab from the Hilton to Ti Kaye and we were ready to get out of the car as soon as we arrived because of the constantly winding roads.

We were staying in cottage "G" which was great. It was very private and had an excellent view. All of the ocean front cottages are very private from what I saw. The front porch of the ocean view cottages can be viewed from the walking trail, but they are also private because with only 24 people staying there the same time we were there was very little foot traffic. We would shut the A/C down after breakfast for the day and open up the louvers. When we returned to the room at four we would shut the louvers and turn on the A/C. The A/C does not exactly produce the same cooling qualities you expect in the states because of the lack of airtight closure the rooms provide. We were never uncomfortable at night though.

The food at the resort was excellent. My wife and I were always excited with what we would be presented for dinner options. The restaurant is romantic with its open air environment.

Even though we felt like it was our own private retreat there are also opportunities to meet other couples. We met several great people on our visits to the beach and on different excursions.

We took the excursion to Castries. We were not impressed with Castries, but we thought that the boat ride and lunch were definitely worth the trip. I would suggest going to Souferie which we did not do, but heard it was an excellent trip. We also heard that a trip to Pigeon Island was a good trip. From what I understand there is a little more history involved as you tour the fort on the island. We definitely recommend the sunset cruise which we tried on our last night on the island. We also went to the Seafood Festival in the adjoining town of Anse Le Raye which was an experience. Although we weren't blown away by the food it was interesting to see the locals at play and Ti Kaye was great about setting everything up.

Based on what we saw at the two resorts we would recommend Ti Kaye over the Hilton. The excursions were a little more personal with a local flair, the food was better (although we did not eat at all of the restaurants at the Hilton so I'm probably not being totally fair with them), and the services (excursions, mini bar, food, etc...) were all less expensive. Views, accomodations, and people were great at both resorts. You will enjoy your vacation no matter which of these two you pick, but we enjoyed the atmosphere at Ti Kaye a little better.

The only bad thing about the entire trip was the trip home. I would discourage you from flying American Airlines if possible. Our flight departing St. Lucia was 3 hours late and therefore we missed our departing flight from Puerto Rico to Tampa. We were informed that we had to spend the night in Puerto Rico which was bad enough because it but us a day behind schedule for our return to work. I understand that planes get delayed. The worst thing was the attitude of the employees. They informed us at the airport that they could not put us up in a hotel room because there were none available near the airport (very hard to believe because we saw about 12 hotels surrounding the airport). Luckily we ran into an old friend of my wife's who was on an earlier flight from St. Lucia, but American got them a room at the hotel and they were gracious enough to let us use their spare bed. The next morning at 5:00 am I felt very sorry for my fellow passengers who spent the night on the tile floor of the San Juan airport without having a shower after spending most of the day in the hot St. Lucian airport. They also informed us that they did not sleep because every five minutes the loudspeakers would spew out their announcement of "This is a non smoking airport, etc...." Well that is the end of my rant and my review. I apolgize if it was broken and drawn out. I would like to say more, but I am sure by this point those of you who are still reading are ready to stop. If you choose Ti Kaye you will not be disappointed.

Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2004

I cannot say enough how absolutely perfect our honeymoon was! We have visited many countries around the world, but never have we met people more friendly than those at Ti Kaye. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were being asked how we were doing, what we had planned, or what they could do for us. We arrived on a Monday afternoon and we whisked away to the bar for a complimentary cocktail. After our cocktail and chat with Theresa (one of the wait staff) we were escorted to our cottage, where our luggage was waiting for us. We paid for an ocean front cottage, but were upgraded to an ocean front cottage with plunge pool. We did not think we would get much use out of the pool, but we did. We used it all the time. I highly recommend reserving a cottage with a pool. We stayed in cottage I (Inosan). We LOVED it!
COTTAGE: The cottage was perfect. We overlooked Anse Cochon and had an unbelievable view of the sunset each night. The cottage itself was great because it had a king-sized bed (with mosquito netting, which we used each night), walk-in closet, and bathroom, with a separate outdoor shower. It was wonderful to shower outside under the sun each day. There were all kinds of cool creatures in the shower and in our room, for that matter. We saw lizards, birds, and crabs. They would run away whenever we got too close, but it was still fun nonetheless. We also had a mini-fridge, which was cool. We bought a bottle of vodka at the duty-free shop in Puerto Rico so we could make our own cocktails. Each night we would sit out on our patio, have a cocktail, and watch the sun set. The staff will personalize your refrigerator with anything you need, from drinks to snacks. All you have to do is fill out a form and leave it for the house cleaning staff.
FOOD: Our meals were incredible! We did not plan to eat at Ti Kaye for all our meals because we like to see different parts of the country we are in, but the food was so delicious we ate almost every meal there. We are both strict vegetarians but that was no problem for the chefs at Ti Kaye. Chef Jullien met us and personally discussed the types of foods we ate and the things we chose not to eat so he could cook us meals that we would be able to enjoy. The meals were unreal! We have never eaten so well. Each night one of the chefs would cook us something different. All the meals had a great Caribbean flair to them. I cannot even begin to describe how happy we were with each and every meal! Ti Kaye offers a meal plan, but it is not worth it unless you plan to eat an appetizer, entrée, and dessert each night. There were a few nights we ordered dessert, but most of the time we did not have room after eating such a filling dinner. In the mornings Ti Kaye offers a complimentary breakfast buffet. We had a choice of fresh fruits, juices, and pastries, along with a hot breakfast such as pancakes, French toast, or eggs. Breakfast was so filling we often times were not hungry until 1-2 in the afternoon.
THE BEACH: The beach was never crowded. At most there were 6-8 people there. The snorkeling was best of the east side of the beach. On the west side, there is a lot of seaweed and small rocks. On the east side the water is much more clear and is deeper with larger boulders to snorkel between. There is a dive shop that allows you to rent snorkel equipment, but we brought our own so we did not have to be bothered. We snorkeled every day. The beaches are all public, so anyone can come at any time. There were a few vendors, but they were always very friendly and not pushy in the least bit. For about an hour and a half every day a boat full of snorkelers came into the bay from Sandals. We just avoided the beach during that time. The sun was bright, but we used SPF 45 sunscreen so neither one of us got burned. We brought bug repellent, but never used it. I got a total of 5 bites, my husband didn’t get any.
EXCURSIONS: We took a couple of day trips. One day we went to Soufriere to see the pitons. That was a lot of fun. It was about a 30-minute ride by boat. We went to the sulfur springs, diamond waterfalls, and a botanical garden. We also had lunch at Ladera. The food at Ladera was ok; I expected it to be better. Even though the food was not that great, the view of the pitons made up for it! On another day we did the rainforest hike. That was nice because it was just our guide, Martin and the two of us. It was so amazing to walk down into the rainforest, look up, and only see a canopy of trees over our heads. It was so beautiful! Martin took us to a waterfall deep in the forest. We had so much fun! I must say, it was a lot of walking, so if you tire easily or have trouble with steep ascents or descents, this is not the trip for you. After our trip to the rainforest we stopped for lunch at The Still Plantation. The food was good, but it did not compare to the food at Ti Kaye. We wanted to do the sunset cruise, but it was limited on the amount of people, so we missed out on that.
Overall we had an incredible time! We cannot wait to go back! I highly recommend heading to Ti Kaye if you are looking for a quiet, secluded, romantic getaway. We searched for months trying to find the perfect location for our honeymoon. We knew exactly what we wanted but could not find it until we stumbled upon Ti Kaye. We could not have asked for anything more. Our honeymoon was perfect!

• Stayed July 2004
Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2004

My wife and I picked Ti Kaye for our honeymoon and could not have made a better decision. Both of us have traveled the globe and enjoyed many fantastic places and Ti Kaye ranks very near the top. From the moment you step out of the airport the service provided by Ti Kaye, its staff, and contractors is superb. Not quite sure what all I can offer to the already outstanding reviews on this site that wouldn't be redundant, but here are a couple of things... As part of our adventurous honeymoon package a scuba lesson was included, which we enjoyed so much that we decided to take the time and become certified which was a fantastic experience, two thumbs up to Terrell and Steve. You may have read on the reviews about a large diving group of dentists being at the resort. The group arrived at the very end of our stay and very quickly changed the entire attitude of the resort. One thing I would do if you are expecting a calm, peaceful, easygoing, romantic week, make sure there are no large groups booked at the time you are travelling. Nothing against this group at all, they were just there for a different reason than all of the other guests we had encountered during our stay. There was also some confusion upon checking out with our bill (regarding an activity that was supposed to be a part of the package), but that matter was promptly cleared up and handled effectively by the management, so my compliments to them on providing top notch service. With that said, our stay was unbelievable and we are looking forward to going back as soon as we can.

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!