11/7/12, the morning of checking-out we sat in the lobby reflecting on our stay at Ti Kaye. From the wooden key holder to our room, with “JouJou” (aka “The Other Woman”) etched in wood nothing but warm smiles drew on our faces along with a bit of melancholy because the inevitable was occurring: we were leaving. We promised we’d come back! We had perfect weather which painted gorgeous views of the tropical nirvana. This seductive and serene resort seemed right up our alley because of our high-demanding careers. With hurricane Sandy and the 2012 elections underway we were happy to be far-far away from the mess.
Upon leaving Ti Kaye we felt relaxed, rejuvenated, and “baptized” by the ocean waters, and powerful sun. What wasn’t there to love? The staff, the cleanliness, the excursions, the food, the wine, the rooms, the beach, and the pool, so all in all EVERYTHING! We were grateful to Francisca and Lita (Front Desk Manager) for handling reservations, airport transfers, etc. to the kitchen staff (which included Florina, Gus, Alathea, Dina, Nadine, Terry, Ronald, Nick, Wally) and the one and only Cleaus. Cleaus, a world renowned sommelier, gave us a new appreciation of wines and a grocery list of items to add to our bar at home.
The guests are mostly honeymooners that we met during happy hour at the bar. Try the Admirals Reserve Rum (straight). I was even lucky enough to catch a few football games! Our room was fantastic with a huge King size bed. The bed has mosquito liners and the room service cleans thoroughly leaving fresh towels. The shower is outside and is private. The pressure isn’t always great and we mostly used the cold water just to cool off. They have a turn-down service too which is powering up the A/C and leaving on a light so it’s cool when you get back from dinner.
The spa offers customary massages from 3 therapists named, Dewai, Theresa, and Diana. 1 or two exotic therapies are offered like Ayurvedic and Bamboo as well. They have daily discounted specials and the rooms are facing the ocean while the windows are wide open blowing in the warm air. We agreed that Dewai was our favorite and wished we could take her back with us! Complimentary massage (5 mins) is offered every night before dinner at around 7:30 pm so make sure to see the girls from Bali for a sample of what’s to come. Also, be sure to attend the fun event on Wednesday night!
The private beach offers free Kayaks so you can paddle out and take in the fresh air. Scuba/Snorkel is an added fee which we skipped but as we understood, Ti Kaye is the best place for this and even had other resorts sail in to our beach. We met the locals, Sunshine, Rainbow, Sylvester among others and they sell trinkets and souvenirs here on a daily basis. They aren’t rude or pushy. If you have bad hips, knees, or just can’t handle the stairs then I recommend staying upstairs. We laughed and told ourselves we didn’t have to workout today because of the steps.
We went to the Land & Sea Tour because in interested us and had been given great reviews. We traveled via boat, parallel to the shoreline which allowed us to view the luscious mountainous landscape of the Piton Mountain and discover a real “bat cave”. The tour goes on to explore the Botanical Gardens, the Volcano, the cocoa plantation, and the downtown city life of Soufree: All lead by an excellent tour guide named Simeon.
FYI-Spoiler Alert-Some changes are coming in 2014 which probably means rates may also change to reflect the improvements, so book away ladies and gentlemen, you will not regret it. Easy though…mon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia