“Great experience, missing small details” 4 of 5 stars

You added Ti Kaye Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   P.O. Box GM 669, Anse Cochon, St. Lucia   |
Offers & Announcements
40% Xmas pre-Santa saver!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Anse Cochon
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Great experience, missing small details”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Pros: The TI Kaye is beatifuly located on a cliff overlooking the beach of anse cochon. The staff is friendly. They set up a manager's cocktail party for everyone to mingle, with live music - the manager Chris comes up and talks to everybody. The TI has a 'private' beach (Anse Cochon), with a beach bar and chairs - very comfortable. The prices are very reasonable in comparison to Soufrière / Soufrière Hotels, around half of the price for everything, ranging from food to drinks - you can probably get breakfast, lunch and dinner for around US$ 70, that's less than the cost of dinner alone in Soufrière. All rooms have AC and the showers are located in the backyard at open air. The room was decorated with fresh flowers and the bathrooms are extremely nice. The bed in the room is huge. The best part is the pool though, slightly warmed, lots of chairs and a great view of the sunset. I got it at around US$ 150 per night at hotelclub, excellent value for money for the island's average.

Cons: They don't include breakfast, it's extra. You have to walk down and up from the beach, that's more than 120 stairs right there, before getting here I read about a transfer shuttle - if it ever existed it doesn't anymore - so if you're old or just out of shape as me it becomes a problem coming back up. It's a little crowded for a 'secluded resort', they have built lots of rooms and I would say there are dozens of peoples in the resort at any given time. But the main issue for me is that I got an ocean view room, but got a 'other rooms from the resort' partial ocean view room. Since they built so many rooms other rooms really stand in the way of my view, I was trully disapointed at this, so big tip only reserve rooms if they're standing on the edge of the cliffs, the ones going up lose all the view (mine is Klaklak). Also some stains in the room put me down. The beach could be better taken care of, a little dirty and gets lots of tourists coming in by boats. The TI Kaye is really isolated so come prepared to stay here :).

Room Tip: Get an apartament AT the cliffs overlooking the ocean. Make sure you request this or you end up look...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

1,176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Monmouthshire, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We wanted a flop and drop holiday after a very busy time and settled on TIKaye. We have been delighted with our stay. A staggeringly beautiful location - quite remote but well worth the journey. The staff - warm, wonderful, friendly and so helpful. Great food - well done Chef! One of the best Sommeliers we have encountered presiding over an impressive wine cellar, great bar staff, the excellent and ever helpful beach dudes, a lovely spa and really comfortable little cottages with such well thought through touches that make all the difference. Everything from the outside shower, the gorgeous hammock on the verandah and the fresh milk in the fridge for whenever you fancy tea or coffee. All squeaky clean and beautifully maintained. Good for some gentle exercise up the steps from the beach and up the hill to the restaurant! If you want to be in the heart of things, this is probably not the place for you, but if you want to relax and reconnect, this is the place to do it. We strongly recommend it.

Northville, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 10 day trip to Ti Kaye for our honeymoon. The accommodations were clean and beautiful, the food was delicious, and the various tours and options provided by Ti Kaye were all really fun. We went zip-lining (bring a change of clothes!), snorkeled by the Pitons, and enjoyed daily trips to the beach. Dwight, our wine-tasting host of the night, was extremely knowledgable and fun. We especially loved touring with Simeon, one of Ti Kaye's drivers, who was an open book of knowledge and extremely warm and welcoming. He surprised us with cold bottled water right off our flight when he retrieved us. I would recommend using a motion-sickness medication when traveling to Ti Kaye from the airport. The roads are very windy and bumpy. The only thing that could have made this trip an absolute perfect one was a more attentive waitstaff during meals. Oftentimes our drinks were empty and our servers didn't seem to really know what was going on with us, asking multiple times whether we had ordered or not, forgetting that we'd asked for dessert or a bottle of wine. We definitely utilized the opportunity to shop at a local grocery store on the way in from the airport so that we could hae some snacks and beverages in our room (there is a mini fridge) in lieu of always doing a big meal in the restaurants. Overall, our trip was a wonderful one with lots of beautiful pictures and memories. Would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a romantic getaway or peaceful spot to read for days on end. The hammock on our porch remains my favorite ammenity.

Room Tip: We booked a room with a plunge pool - it was definitely worth it!!
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Got back from Ti Kaye on the 18th of October after a 10 day stay which I booked for my partners 50th birthday.

We stay at Coco bay Resort in Antigua in May every year and we have been looking for something similar in the Caribbean because we enjoy good food and the warmth of the staff in Antigua. The other resort I looked at closely was East Winds but at the last minute I decided I wanted a resort with views set up on a promontory which is just what Ti Kaye offers.

My only reservation in recommending Ti Kaye is it is very quiet (and I like quiet) but with only 33 rooms a bar, lounge area, pool, restaurant, spa, gym, beach bar, beach restaurant, beach and with people out on trips you can find you are the only couple in the bar or on the beach some days. Don't get me wrong most of the other couples were on honeymoon from the States and were great and the staff are friendly but you are not going to find the bar packed with people of an evening so it really is the romantic getaway.

Now what I must mention is the food. The management really need to put the menu on their website because it is the best I have experienced in a Caribbean resort. We went all inclusive with the full breakfast (eggs cooked to order), the option of three courses at lunch in the main restaurant or at the beach restaurant (we never managed three courses) and three courses in the evening in the main restaurant (never managed this either). Our fear of the all inclusive is the buffet but Ti Kaye offers a full restaurant service to a very high standard and the food is beautifully presented and cooked but the kind of thing you might do once a month so every day for 10 days is both a pleasure and a challenge.

Now before choosing all inclusive I did read reports on trip advisor that it might not be good value and I understand this because you sign for the check which does tell you how much the bill would have been if not on the meal plan and it may seem like you could do this cheaper especially if you skip a few meals, however they do not charge a supplement for the fillet steak which other resorts would, they serve bottled not draft beer on the all inclusive package and bottled water is included. If you compare the cost of Ti Kaye on an all inclusive deal with other resorts it is similar but the food is far superior and they include allot more. Indeed (and it may just be because we were restrained) they included items which were not on the all inclusive package and meals we had after the noon official check out time on out day of departure so when you are thinking "should I have gone all inclusive" bare in mind you could be paying a similar amount and be drinking cheep beer out of a plastic cups and eating off a tired buffet dull buffet instead of good wine and filet mignon.

By the way the rooms are fantastic, huge veranda, lots of space, walk in wardrobe and there seems to be few mosquitoes due to the height so you can actually use the veranda in the evening which is a first for us in the Caribbean. As for the steps to the beach because they have a full bar and restaurant (and toilet by the way) on the beach you only have to do them once a day in each direction and restaurant serves great food not just the basics (sorry back to the food again) which means you can get full value out of that all inclusive package.

Love Ti Kaye! Do miss the white beaches of Antigua but if you want a quiet restful romantic break in St.Lucia I can't recommend Ti Kaye highly enough or Tropic Breeze who we arranged the holiday through.

Room Tip: I am sure all rooms are fantastic but some will be up steps some way from the restaurant, bar and po...
Westport, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Let me start by saying it rained for three of the four days we were at this resort. And it rained so hard that silt and sand washed down from the hills into the "best snorkeling spot" in St Lucia. Ti Kaye is definitely secluded. It is an hour and a half from the airport and the drive there is extremely windy. It is not the drive for those who even slightly suffer from car sickness. Therefore, if it rains, like it did for us, there is really NOTHING to do.

There are a lot of good/great things about Ti Kaye though. The cottages are lovely and private. Each has an amazing outdoor shower and a huge veranda with hammock to lounge about on. We had a plunge pool but didn't use it because the water was too cold (which was odd because the hotel's pool was the perfect temperature). The staff and the people of St Lucia, in general, are extremely warm, friendly people. We really enjoyed getting to know the people who worked there and the service was great. My husband and I also thought the food was very good and not the usually island quality.

We also made good use of the spa - given the amount of rain we had. It was suprisingly good and the treatment cottages were just perfect. Each had a wall of open windows looking out over the caribbean where you could hear the ocean and feel the breeze. It was lovely.

We probably had an hour where the snorkeling was good and I can see why it could be amazing in great weather. The Sandals' boats with there tourists are a little annoying because they get so close to the snorkeling area and churn up the sand. You should be aware that this is not a white sand beach and the swimming area is rocky. We were a little disappointed by the beach to be honest - not exactly as it looks in the advertisements.

All in all, it was a nice place. Lots of honeymooners -median age is probably around 27. Don't know if we will ever go back, the drive there and back was really tough on my husband and I don't know if there was enough of a pull to bring us there again.

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and i just came back from celebrating our 25th anniversary. The resort itself was everything that you will read others posts. It is lovely, secluded and private. The outdoor shower was awesome. Where they drop the ball is on the food for one. A pasta dinner is very expensive which you do expect on a vacation but you will not even get a salad with it or a cup of soup. Very limited options and while I stayed 2 days I cannot imagine being satisfied with 3 or more days on the selection. The breakfast was subpar and never changed. My biggest upset was on my anniversary itself. We chose to stay here for 2 days including our special day and then we were planning on moving to the Sandals Grande. I booked 10 months in advance and my travel agent booked us a private dinner several months in advance. On the day of they said that we could not have our dinner outside because of rain. While it did not rain I can understand it being a problem if it began so we said fine. They then said they could not accomadate our dinner inside because they were doing it for someone else and they only had space for 1 couple. I could not understand how one couple could book their dinner for all night or why they booked mine months in advance. They asked us to change the night and I refused. They did then offer to serve us on our porch. We decided that was not what we wanted. We were high up and far from the water and we would have had no view at night. At least the restaurant was on the water and had a stunning view. They asked us what time and that was it. When we arrived for 8PM dinner the service was awful. We were asked once what kind of drink we wanted and they never returned. We finished our dinner and walked out because a server had never returned to our table in some 40 minutes. The dinner was subpar and when I asked on the way out how the person next to me had a lobster tail and I asked how he had received one since there was none on the menu, they told me it was the early special. I almost cried for how poorly and how unspecial they had made my dinner to be at that point. They did not even offer a glass of champagne for all that happened to us. They would not even offer us a second drink for us to pay for. I had wished so bad that I could have lobster that night and was disappointed by a lackluster menu. I am still shocked of the service we received that day and that they did not offer us a special menu like the "early" guests. So we are giving the resort 3 stars because of the service and food. The resort itself I would have rated a 4. We left as Rafael was hitting and keep in mind that if there is a storm, there is nothing to do at this resort. There is not even televison which is great when you are not in a downpour for 24 hours. We were so glad to escape to the Grande where you had a huge resort to walk around in and still be under cover.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I spent our honeymoon here in October 2012. We were looking for something low key and non commercial. Although it took a while to get to from the airport in the south we couldn't be happier with the choice we made. The atmosphere was very peaceful and serene and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The stairs to the beach were a little tiring after drinks on the beach but they didn't deter us from enjoying the beautiful cove the resort is set in. It was especially nice to be able to grab some snorkel gear and go out on our own without having to sign up for an excursion (although those are available as well). Although the service at the restaurant was a little slow at times, the food was delicious and made up for the delays. All in all it was a wonderful honeymoon and we would definitely recommend this resort to other couples.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!