Got back from Ti Kaye on the 18th of October after a 10 day stay which I booked for my partners 50th birthday.
We stay at Coco bay Resort in Antigua in May every year and we have been looking for something similar in the Caribbean because we enjoy good food and the warmth of the staff in Antigua. The other resort I looked at closely was East Winds but at the last minute I decided I wanted a resort with views set up on a promontory which is just what Ti Kaye offers.
My only reservation in recommending Ti Kaye is it is very quiet (and I like quiet) but with only 33 rooms a bar, lounge area, pool, restaurant, spa, gym, beach bar, beach restaurant, beach and with people out on trips you can find you are the only couple in the bar or on the beach some days. Don't get me wrong most of the other couples were on honeymoon from the States and were great and the staff are friendly but you are not going to find the bar packed with people of an evening so it really is the romantic getaway.
Now what I must mention is the food. The management really need to put the menu on their website because it is the best I have experienced in a Caribbean resort. We went all inclusive with the full breakfast (eggs cooked to order), the option of three courses at lunch in the main restaurant or at the beach restaurant (we never managed three courses) and three courses in the evening in the main restaurant (never managed this either). Our fear of the all inclusive is the buffet but Ti Kaye offers a full restaurant service to a very high standard and the food is beautifully presented and cooked but the kind of thing you might do once a month so every day for 10 days is both a pleasure and a challenge.
Now before choosing all inclusive I did read reports on trip advisor that it might not be good value and I understand this because you sign for the check which does tell you how much the bill would have been if not on the meal plan and it may seem like you could do this cheaper especially if you skip a few meals, however they do not charge a supplement for the fillet steak which other resorts would, they serve bottled not draft beer on the all inclusive package and bottled water is included. If you compare the cost of Ti Kaye on an all inclusive deal with other resorts it is similar but the food is far superior and they include allot more. Indeed (and it may just be because we were restrained) they included items which were not on the all inclusive package and meals we had after the noon official check out time on out day of departure so when you are thinking "should I have gone all inclusive" bare in mind you could be paying a similar amount and be drinking cheep beer out of a plastic cups and eating off a tired buffet dull buffet instead of good wine and filet mignon.
By the way the rooms are fantastic, huge veranda, lots of space, walk in wardrobe and there seems to be few mosquitoes due to the height so you can actually use the veranda in the evening which is a first for us in the Caribbean. As for the steps to the beach because they have a full bar and restaurant (and toilet by the way) on the beach you only have to do them once a day in each direction and restaurant serves great food not just the basics (sorry back to the food again) which means you can get full value out of that all inclusive package.
Love Ti Kaye! Do miss the white beaches of Antigua but if you want a quiet restful romantic break in St.Lucia I can't recommend Ti Kaye highly enough or Tropic Breeze who we arranged the holiday through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia