Let me start by saying it rained for three of the four days we were at this resort. And it rained so hard that silt and sand washed down from the hills into the "best snorkeling spot" in St Lucia. Ti Kaye is definitely secluded. It is an hour and a half from the airport and the drive there is extremely windy. It is not the drive for those who even slightly suffer from car sickness. Therefore, if it rains, like it did for us, there is really NOTHING to do.
There are a lot of good/great things about Ti Kaye though. The cottages are lovely and private. Each has an amazing outdoor shower and a huge veranda with hammock to lounge about on. We had a plunge pool but didn't use it because the water was too cold (which was odd because the hotel's pool was the perfect temperature). The staff and the people of St Lucia, in general, are extremely warm, friendly people. We really enjoyed getting to know the people who worked there and the service was great. My husband and I also thought the food was very good and not the usually island quality.
We also made good use of the spa - given the amount of rain we had. It was suprisingly good and the treatment cottages were just perfect. Each had a wall of open windows looking out over the caribbean where you could hear the ocean and feel the breeze. It was lovely.
We probably had an hour where the snorkeling was good and I can see why it could be amazing in great weather. The Sandals' boats with there tourists are a little annoying because they get so close to the snorkeling area and churn up the sand. You should be aware that this is not a white sand beach and the swimming area is rocky. We were a little disappointed by the beach to be honest - not exactly as it looks in the advertisements.
All in all, it was a nice place. Lots of honeymooners -median age is probably around 27. Don't know if we will ever go back, the drive there and back was really tough on my husband and I don't know if there was enough of a pull to bring us there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Anse Cochon Bay Ti Kaye Resort & Spa is located on the serene West Coast and is simply known as Ti Kaye, (which means small house in the native creole patois language of Saint Lucia). With only 33 rooms, 2 bars & restaurants, the Kai Koko Spa and a 600+ bin 'Wine Kave' there is no better place for romantic relaxation - combined with some of the best snorkeling and diving to be found anywhere on Saint Lucia right off the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Ti Kaye Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ti Kaye Village Hotel Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Castries
- Ti Kaye Village Resort St Lucia