We stayed in the Forno Suite in August for 4 nights, and we will be back!
Our family of 5 arrived in Siena by train, and once we discovered that we were not going to figure out easily how to get to the villa via bus, we took a taxi, and it was a reasonable price of E35 to take us directly to our villa.
Rachel and Philipo warmly greeted us, and quickly got us settled, then ushered us to the pool to cool off.
The Villa has everything you will need, for a fun family vacation, or simply to relax.
Philipo took us into town for gelato, and to buy groceries as we did not have a car, however in future we rode the supplied bikes into town for more gelato, and to eat at the Amazing restaurant in Monteroni d'Arbia.
We cooked dinner only once because eating at the restaurant was so easy, and affordable. We could have cooked more should we chose as there was everything we needed to cook with.
Our apartment was comfortable for our family of 5. A master bedroom with a queen bed, and 3 single beds in the living room. There is a small kitchen equipped with a stove, fridge, and sink. A bottle of their wine was also given to us with some snacks as a nice welcome.
Next time we will get the apartment at ground level so that we can enjoy the outdoor space more for eating more conveniently.
One day I asked Philipo about the history of the villa and the area, and he sat our family down and told us the story of his family and many more stories, which was such a treat!
Another day we hired Philipo to take us to Montepulciano and the 2nd oldest Brunello winery in Tuscany. Both Philipo and David were a delight! We had one of the most wonderful days of our vacation with them. We were so appreciative!
It would be nice to have a car for part of the time, so that you can explore the many Tuscan towns as they each have something special to offer.
Also, there is a train station in Monteroni D'arbia, so if you are arriving via train, check out the schedule to Monteroni.
There are buses twice an hour that take you to Siena. The bus does take approx 30 minutes to Siena, but 1 hour for the return to Monteroni after the many stops.
Find out which stop to get off at once you get to Siena and directions for walking to the Duomo or Piazza.. It is easy, but not straight forward to figure out on your own.
Finally, you can not stay at a place where your hosts are nicer. Rachel and Philipo are genuinely warm people who want YOU to have the best vacation you can. We were honored to have met them!
Blessings to Rachel, Philipo and David!!!
I have many pictures of our adventure on my blog if you wish to see them, go to
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic place where to enjoy music, good food, long walks on top of the rolling hills watching the nature and Siena skyline. Filippo will guide you touring the area, with bikes, horses, golfing, tennis and cruising the Tirrenian sea! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Agriturismo San Fabiano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agriturismo San Fabiano Hotel Monteroni d`Arbia
- Agriturismo San Fabiano Italy/Province Of Siena - Monteroni D'Arbia