If I could, I would give this place a 6 star rating.
I took a 5 day road trip with a friend at the end of March 2013 for the Easter Holiday. This place was the highlight of our trip (by far ) and I almost don't want to tell everyone about it because I want to be able to come back but surely it will always be booked!! Here's Why:
1. From the moment of booking, they were fast, courteous and clear. The only place that accepted credit cards.
2. Perfect and exact directions helped us to arrive without any errors, even in fog, winds and rain.
3. Upon arrival: they met us warmly and kindly. Spent time to explain everything and even insisted on carrying our bags up 1 flight of stairs (no one else at any other place did this small, but huge gesture).
4. The room was just perfect- clean, large, great view, everything functioned (except no Wifi). The shower had endless hot water, nice comfortable towels. The bed was the best we slept in throughout the trip. Satellite TV added a fun chance to watch a movie.
5. The Food. Even 2 weeks after the trip we are STILL talking about the food here. Both Dinner and Breakfast were absolutely excellent. They had a warm fire waiting for us to dine beside. We enjoyed one course so much-- they even asked if we wanted a small bis and we whole heartedly accepted!!! I am sincere when I say this food was the best we ate. Fresh, homemade, complex flavors. The breakfast spread was absolutely impressive: all meats, cheeses, breads, homemade cakes, juices, jams, fruit.. the same you would find at a 5 start hotel.
6. The property: located on a beautiful hill away from the hustle and bustle, this is a true escape. The views of the property were picturesque, even in the early cool of Spring.
7. Location: It is so close to Sienna, maybe a 15 minute drive. It provides a great escape into Tuscany but with the benefit of lots of activities both on the property and nearby.
8. There are porches and balconies around that we wished we had had time for reading a book and sipping an evening aperitivo.
9. Maria and Marcello are loving people and it is their energy that is what makes this place so special. Speaking with them (even just the brief time we had) left us feeling cared for and well considered. Marcello asked us about our trip after we departed (upon our arrival) and by the time we arrived for dinner he had prepared a map for us to show us the best route and some helpful sight seeing suggestions.
10. This place offers peace of Tuscany, the famous Italian warm hospitality, the high quality of food and service, space and facilities and an excellent location.
Do not miss the chance to spend time here-- bring a small group of friends, a family for a reunion, a lover for a weekend away, a few best friends to catchup-- whatever you might need-- this is the place for you to stay.
We stayed in the room called..Lola, I believe? I honestly trust them so much that if you would like...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.