“wonderful start to vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tenuta di Corsano

Save Saved
You added Tenuta di Corsano to your Saves list
Tenuta di Corsano
4.0 of 5 Ranch   |   Radi-Ville di Corsano 3978/C, 53014 Monteroni d'Arbia, Italy   |
Thunder Bay, Canada
“wonderful start to vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Our stay at Tenuta Di Corsano was an unforgetable experience. The warm welcome of the Migones upon our arrival was most appreciated after our long voyage from Canada. The welcoming dinner was superb not only because of the delicious food, but also because of the enjoyable, friendly conversation with other guests. Our stay was very relaxing and calming. The location provides easy access to many local attractions. We loved our clean, and comfortable accomodations. Our hosts could not have been more helpful, friendly and genuine. They have truly become our friends;. We hope to return one day. We highly recommend this property and its owners! Giorgio and Carole Bevilacqua

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Port Lincoln Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

What a wonderful opportunity it was to share with the Migone family Tenuta Di Corsano.The area is rich with history as are its inhabitants.Only a short trip from the wonderful city of Siena and the country side is breathtaking to say the least.

Port Lincoln, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have travelled the world extensively yet when i am asked where are my favourite places immediately Tenuta di Corsano comes to my heart. Our family has enjoyed warm hospitality and friendship every time we have visited. The wonderful Migone family certainly compliment this beautiful part of the world. I sincerely recommend a stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family and I spent 4 nights at Tenuto di Corsano and can't say enough about the exceptional hospitality shown by the Migone family - Nanni, Liliana and Francesca. Our villa was spacious, comfortable and well equipped with everything we needed to make for a memorable family vacation. The gorgeous infinity pool was a very welcome respite from the extreme heat that we experienced on our trip. My husband and I enjoyed cooling off under the stars before retiring for the night.

Francesca answered my emails quickly during the booking process and was so eager to assist in making this a special trip by providing maps, restaurants and day trip suggestions upon our arrival. Francesca even offered her assistance when our accommodations in Rome fell through on the next leg of our journey.

Our final evening was made extra special with a communal dinner given by our hosts. My son has special dietary restrictions and Francesca ensured that his needs were met. My children continue to speak of this magical evening and are quick to say it was the best meal of their vacation.

The location is excellent, offering wonderful day excursions to Siena, San Gimignano, Florence, Pisa, Chianti, etc. I would highly recommend renting one of the lovely villas and look forward to the opportunity to return to Tenuta di Corsano.

Burton on Trent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The four stars are for the location, the spacious apartment, its cleanliness and storage facilities, swimming pool, the hospitality of the welcome dinner (although it was on our last night), the helpfulness of the morocccan couple who service the apartments.

Thanks to all of you for offering us the chance to be a part of a genuine tipico tuscan rural experience in such gorgeous surroundings.

Its a 10-15 min walk to the village which is great - tabacchi, supermarket (small but fresh bread, deli counter, fruit veg, etc), and a wonderful restaurant.

Some of the negative things below are things that can easily be resolved by attention to detail and customer service and looking at other reviews I just think we were unlucky this time as we picked a week when the owners were away.

I think from my personal point of view Francesca, the owner's daughter, needs to concentrate a bit more on managing customer expectations, customer service and ensuring that the apartment functions as its supposed to.

Its very peacefull but take ear plugs in case of early morning tractor noise if you're in Il Camino. Lovely views from Il Camino where we were to fields of vines and a farm on the ridge.. Kitchen was brilliant although no microwave but had a fab oven and v well appointed including corkscrew and on-hob coffee percolator thingy. Lovely clean spacious apartment double aspect and also window over courtyard where you can have breakfast and meals too I suppose. they give you some washing up liquid and some loo roll, and a couple of tea towels and a washing up cloth and towels. Lots of storage space. v good combi boiler.

Washing machine wasn't working when we were there which was strange that it hadn't been sorted before we arrived. however moroccan lady did a bit of washing and ironing for us. Drains need seeing to as a bit smelly but NOT all the time. Mosquito window protectors worked well. If you want meals you should ensure that this is confirmed as i expected to be able to request a meal when I arrived and the morrocan cleaner - very nice lady - said 'this is not a restaurant!' which was rather a surprise and disappointing as I wasn't well and was looking forward to an easy meal and booking.com had said meals were available on request. I sort of expected it to be easy to book a meal but no information was given to me about this. I think part of the problem was that the owners - Francesca's parents - were away at the time but they returned and gave us a beautifully presented evening meal on our last night - the'welcome dinner' but was really a goodbye dinner. Great fun though with their own wine served.

Bed - we found a bit hard but I know this is personal.

And I mentioned to Francesca that the table lamp didn't work and needed a light bulb and I was told by that it wasn't plugged in properly, but no I said it had been - this was on the Sunday and 6 days later this hadn't been addressed. Such a shame that I have to write this. Sorry Francesca but really you need to improve your customer service and explain to people how to arrange meal bookings. Also to have a check out process after the guests have left which should include a thorough check of all equipment in the apartment I feel.

Francesca gave us some information about where to go in the local area, and there is lots to see its wonderful. I do think that without sat nav we'd never have made it to the free parking by the fortezza in Siena though!

Room Tip: Il Camino does have lovely views over the garden and it faces south.