“Very good, would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Residhome Val d'Europe

Save Saved
You added Residence Residhome Val d'Europe to your Saves list
Residence Residhome Val d'Europe
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3, place Jean Monnet, 77144 Montevrain, Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Montevrain
London
“Very good, would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Before I booked this hotel I read the reviews and couldn’t decide whether to stay here or not – I’m glad we did! We stayed in a 5 person room and found it very spacious and clean. There was a separate sleeping area (with 2 twin beds -not a double - and the beds were quite hard but we got used to it!) and there was a double sofa bed and a single sofa bed in the living area (which were comfy beds). There were 2 flat screen DVD players, a safe, shutters on the windows (great if you like it dark!), windows that could be opened and a fully equipped kitchen (microwave, fridge, mini-dishwasher, hob, kettle, coffee machine, sink, plenty of crockery/cutlery/pans and a tea towel!). The bathroom had a bath with overhead shower and a separate shower cubicle (although we noticed that the hose was snapped so we didn’t use that one but we were happy to use the bath shower - which was a good pressure and temperature). There were toiletries provided: 4 x bars of soap, 2 x shampoo and 2 x body wash (all L’Occitane) and a hair dryer. There was a separate toilet room with 2 x toilet roll. There were also plenty of towels provided (5 x bath towel and 4 x hand towel). The reason why I am going into so much detail is when I read other reviews I found it very helpful to know what to bring, the main things being DVDs (hardly any English channels – only news) and travel sink plugs (there were no sink/bath plugs in the bathroom). One thing to note is that the AC seemed permanently set to 25oC (we tried changing it but could only alter the fan speed). It was hot when we were there (approx. 25-27oC outside) so it may get uncomfortable if it gets hotter in the summer. Opening the windows helped keep the temperature down. We looked out onto the road (which wasn’t too noisy, we were on the 4th floor). Also please note the hotel sign says Residhome Prestige which I remembered from a previous review so knew it was the right place! There was free Wifi which my husband managed to connect to but we didn’t use it very much. We found the staff to be polite and helpful (we had an issue with the TVs and some lights not working when we first got there and they offered to move us straight away – we did notice that this other room had no shutters and the toilet seat was not fixed on so we decided to stay in our initial room and then luckily we managed to get everything working (there were 2 plugs for each of the TVs and the one further down on the wall wasn’t plugged in (which we hadn’t noticed before) so once we did that everything worked!) One last thing – the location is fantastic, as other reviewers have said the back entrance to the RER train station is opposite the hotel (5 minutes to Disney)and the Val d’Europe shopping centre (which is brilliant) is an approx 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

377 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

Location excellent for what we wanted. Room was not as clean as expected. Toilet not flushed from previous use. Safe not working. No shuttle service to Disney from Hotel lobby as expected. No information pack in room about local area at all. Just a few lealfets in lobby. Would only reccomend to those who will be in hotel for sleeping only and to prepare meals.

Room Tip: Find the Auchan hypermarket if on a budget.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel. Previously I was very happy with it in all aspects however it has slid downhil in the last 2 years and as such, is not somewhere I would really recommend anymore.

The room I was allocated this time is a glorified hotel room rather than an apartment. There is no separate kitchen/lounge as before, it is all open plan with the bed. In the bathroom there is quite a bit of mould right across the ceiling, and the window is black with mildew as can be seen in attached pictures.

Also there was a glass left under the bed from previous tenants, room cleaning not up to scratch.

The best thing about this hotel is its extremely close proximity to exit 2 of Val d'Europe RER station which allows easy access to Disneyland Paris and Paris

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

My family of 3 adults & 3 young children found this hotel perfect. We speak a little French but had no problem as the receptionist spoke excellent English. Our apartment consisted of 2 double bedrooms with lots of storage, 1 with a TV/DVD, a lounge area with a bed settee, table, chairs, TV/DVD & a mini kitchen which had everything we needed. The train station was just across the road with a regular service to Disney or Paris. There is a huge Mall with a supermarket & Sea life centre & Outlet Village, a short walk away. I would definitely recommend this hotel especially if your family is larger than 4 which is the most other hotels allow in 1 room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

This was our 2nd visit to this hotel. It has a superb location close to EuroDisney (one stop on the RER) and less than 5 minutes walk to the Val d'Europe shopping centre. We were really impressed on our last visit about 12 months ago but this time it seemed a bit grubby. Check in was great and staff friendly - the apartment we were given was a little worn and grubby (toilet was heavily scaled and brown, there were stains and marks on the bedroom walls and kitchen cupboards, the fridge wouldnt close because of ice build up in the ice box, lots of cigarette buts all over the balcony and there was the remains of a leftover curry in the micro wave).

Don't get me wrong this hotel offers fairly decent facilities for the price in a good location and is much better than many hotels we used in central paris. Most of the above was sorted out by a quick trip to the Auchan supermarket for some cleaning products and some cleaning but you don't really expect that for a 4 star appartment.

The small kitchens are great and do save you time and money in going out all the time - you can sort some basic breakfast and packed lunches which do save you a lot given the expensive restaurants around EuroDisney.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Fife
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Just back from a 3 night stay with my family - 18 and 22 years. We had an appartment suitable for 4 i.e. 1 double bedroom and 1 double sofa bed. Apartment was spotlessly clean. Equiped with adequate crockery etc. Lots of clean white fluffy towels and plenty of complimentary toiletries. If you want gourmet cooking this is not for you - facilities consist of microwave and two ring hot plate. Also has small dishwasher and fridge,

I am an extremely light sleeper and the only thing that bothered me was the occasional noise as the air conditioning unit burst into life. No noise from other guests. Black-out curtains and metal window shutters made the room bliss for me.

We all agreed the location is brilliant. We got a great price. The Residence is next to the train station - one stop from Disney and half an hour into the city. There is an indoor shopping centre within a 5 minute walk open until quite late and with a huge supermarket that stays open until 10pm. Varied choice of restairants and fast food outlets. We all felt as home in the area quickly and could nip about Paris and out to Disney easily. Staff were friendly, helpful and were happy to hold our luggage after check-out times so that we could sight-see before our evening flight.

Would definitely recommend and will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Room is not clean. There was a big dead insect stuck on the middle of the wall. That's unacceptable! The electrical water boiler was not working. I asked for a new one and the feedback I got was "the hotel is fully booked so we don't have anything left". I don't think "the hotel is fully booked" is an excuse not to replace any broken appliance in the room. I know the tap water is drinkable and can be turned to supply hot tap water, but I don't want hot tap water. I wanted to boil my own water. That's the point!

Not until the end of the second day when we returned to the hotel from a full day activity, exhausted, found that the room had not been cleaned and towels were not replaced. By then I was told if we wanted clean up room service we need to pay an extra 15euro/night. First, we were paying about 140euros (tax inclusicve) per night, and still need to pay an extra 15euros for clean room service, I think this is a major rip off! Secondly, I wasn't told about needing to pay 15euro for the clean room service until the end of the second day, which was already 11pm in the evening. We ended up needed to "beg" for 2 extra towels. I have been all around the globe including some third world countries and some un-developed cities, this is by far the worst hotel experience! I thought I've seen a restaurant in the hotel, but it didn't seem to be opened at all anytime of the day. I was wanting to get a bottle of water, and there was nothing in the hotel I could get, not even vending machine. Again, I was told the tap water is drinking water, but hey, I want a bottle of water, and that's what I want. I don't care whether I can drink off the tap. That's not the point! And you know how this end? I walked out the hotel entrance, acrossed the road, about 45 seconds I reached the entrance of the hotel right on the other side. I walked in, I was welcomed, right on the reception counter, there was a sample of a big bottle of Evian. There it was, 2euros per bottle, I got myself 4 bottles. I wondered how "difficult" it could be?!!! Again, this is by far my worst hotel experience. There will be absolutely zero chance for me to come back for another stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Residhome Val d'Europe? Share your experiences!