“most mediocre” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Faridabad
Farmville, Virginia
“most mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed hin this hotel for two nights during a company sponsored event. The property is vast but has lost its lustre. It reminds me of a run down palace that gives faint glimpses of its glorious past.
There was nothing extraordinary!
I was given a room on the 6th floor. I felt the floor was unused for a long time and smelled of stale air. The carpet appeared to have been laid down freshly, as if for us only. There was hardly any assistance around. The air conditioning was terrible in the lobby, at least on the day of arrival.
The rooms were okay. The room had no view per say! It overlooked the ravines of the aravali hills and the badarpur thermal plant at a distance.
The room had sufficient stock of complimentary water for two, possibly because my Firm would have given such instructions. Ditto for team and coffee sachets.
The washroom was big with all amenities that a 5 star offers. The dapper was the leaky flush that just would not stop. The maintenance guy had to be called in at 1 am and then again at 7 am.
The pool was perfect. However I fail to understand why the changing room is a good 2 flights down. One has to cross the entire spa area half clothed!
Food was okay. Lunches were standard, drinks were good and breakfast was superb.
Pros:
Breakfast
Pool
Cons:
Stale rooms
Poor maintenance
No views from the window

Room Tip: Choose a garden or pool facing room
Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
rajeev k, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj- Surajkund!

At the outset I would like to thank you for staying with us at Vivanta by Taj- Surajkund and also for sharing your valuable feedback.

I regret for the inconveniences caused during your stay and, assure you that I have made note of all your concerns. We shall surely look into the same and request you to treat this as an isolated incident.

We at the Taj have always strived to seek feedback from our guests and have gained immensely from the same over the years. Please do give us another opportunity and do not allow this experience to mark your impression of the Taj.

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We can say it is the complete property with best amenities& service , cozy rooms , friendly staff , ...... My son had enjoyed a lot at the children's play area, going for archery, shooting , rock climbing , swimming , tennis and we do receive small gift of pottery prepared by my son.The chef had prepared the special Panna drink which i can never forget as it was yummy.Thanks to Taj for making our trip memorable

Room Tip: Pool Side view on the higher floor
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Davinder,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj- Surajkund!

At the outset I thank you for having stayed with us.

We appreciate you having spent time to review us on Trip Advisor. Our guest’s feedback is important to us and we are delighted to have exceeded your expectations during the stay.

I would also like to thank you for your kind message and your warm words about my team and it will be my utmost pleasure to share with them.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice. Experience:

Fuss free check-in and a relaxing smartly lit lobby. Modern spacious rooms (Deluxe and Premium both) with huge balconies overlooking fountains and fire displays. Forest essential toiletries, spacious bathrooms.

The hotel offers one of the best breakfast buffets I've ever had (quantity and quality) at Oasis (the coffee shop). For lunch/dinner, the piri-piri chicken sizzler is highly recommended (it's Delicious!) as well as Thai Red Curry. Don't have the Chicken Katsu curry (the Japanese rice is not authentic and the curry too watery). Paranda is their Indian restaurant and is also very good.

The infinity pool is gorgeous and spa-like. The gym's good and it has a lovely yoga room. I recommend having the lemon juice with enerzal in the gym fridge, followed by the cold Forest Ess. facial mist. Refreshing! The wet area is great as well.

What makes this hotel "especially special" is the staff. On our second visit, the General Manager (Rajeev Khanna) very kindly gifted us a lovely Chilean Merlot. We were given a delicious birthday cake for hubby's bday, and the housekeeping staff went out of their way to make the stay special (rose petaled baths, cute bath towel figurines - we got a swan and a Ganesh)! Everyone smiles and greets you, and restaurant service is attentive and timely.

This property is beautifully maintained and effectively run. The perfect staycation by (I would like to believe) even exacting standards! Well done Taj!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ms. Ananya,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj- Surajkund!

At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing us and also for sharing your valuable feedback.

We at the Taj, have always strived to seek feedback from our guests and, such words of praise indeed keep us motivated and committed in continually creating memorable experiences for our discerning guests.

I have made note of your comment about the Katsu curry and the Japanese rice and shall work toward improving the same.

I would also like to thank you for your warm words about my team and it will be my utmost pleasure to share the same with them.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to “Vivanta by Taj - Surajkund”.

Gurgaon, Haryana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had been to Taj Vivanta-Surajkund for a weekend break and indeed it was very comfortable, relaxing and nice. My kids enjoyed the property, the activities in the kids room, the pottery session at the Folk Studio.
Food is also great with a super courteous staff.

All in all a good break!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Monika,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj- Surajkund!

At the outset I would like to thank you for having stayed with us.

We are glad that you choose to spend your Weekend with us at Vivanta by Taj- Surajkund and also for sharing your valuable feedback. Our guest’s feedback is important to us and we are delighted to have exceeded your expectations during the stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in this weekend in Taj Vivanta Surajkund with family. The hotel is having Wow Effect by entering in lobby. The room was clean, ambiance Supb. Food was Awsum. Highly recommended for stay. The swimming pool is big and clean. Washroom is having bath tube.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
rajeev k, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Mr. Pandey,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj - Surajkund!

At the outset I would like to thank you for having stayed with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your review. Our guest’s feedback is important to us and we are delighted to have exceeded your expectations during the stay.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We checked in on 21st of May for My dad's anniversary celebration for 1 night. As a brand taj every thing was up to their standard. Good food, good service but one thing was very astonishing that they don't allow their guests to play in the swimming pool because of safety reasons. We've visited a lot of Taj properties and have never experienced this before. This thing was a shame. You go to a property to relax and enjoy with your family but when you see the staff behaving so reluctantly the whole mood of enjoyment comes down. That was never expected by one of the properties of Taj.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj - Surajkund!

At the outset I would like to thank you for choosing us as a destination for your parents wedding anniversary.

I regret for the inconveniences caused to you during your stay with us. We at Taj have always strived to seek feedback from our guests, and I assure you that we have made a note of all of your concerns.

May I request you to give us another opportunity to serve you and I look forward to meeting you during your next visit and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Jodhpur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

never thought of relaxing place like this one in faridabad, awesome in every aspect, swimmingpool, suana,steam,gym everything thing was awesome, staff is ready to serve you with extended smile, food was good, breakfast was having good spread. a perfect destination to relax get filled with more energy.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Saurabh,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj - Surajkund !

At the outset I thank you for having stayed with us and we thank you for taking time out to review us on Trip Advisor. Our guest’s feedback is important to us and we are delighted to have exceeded your expectations during the stay.

I would also like to thank you for your warm words about my team and it will be my utmost pleasure to share with them.

My entire team looks forward to welcome you back.

Rajeev Khanna

Been to Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund? Share your experiences!