“a meal with a heart” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Paris, France
“a meal with a heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I am a regular at the Botegga for the last 14 years , from the first night I arrived there with a couple of german friends who didnt know the way but smelled the adventure. from the first bottle of Luce we shared with three other bottles of the finest italians wines alongside delicious hearty plates, till the last October , when I brought my love to the place he heard so many stories of .
the bottega for me is the special place of Luana and Francesco, and I am always coming back for the wine, the pasta, the plate of chacruterie or just for a last espresso or a first espresso depending on when I start / finish the day. the little menu doesnt change much but what comes out of the kitchen is always fresh and tasty, the Hug for the loyal customers is something else, special no less:

I feel sometimes it is like meeting my family, my Italian family. At the bottega I meet the local doctore, the local carbinieri, the local casanova!, the locals; and those who come in particular to get a glass of the best red wine you can find in this part of toscany; the variety is enormous , the quality is the norm. Francesco will surve it in a fine glass and you can simply have a celebration of tastes of the finest wines alongside simple yet good ones ( budget is always an issue when you do so much shopping around)

if you need some more of that taste when going back home(as much as rynaair allows you) , the local restaurant is also an enoteca that offers a great selection of jams, oils, balsamic, cheeses and cold meets, cookies and special delicatesen of the region, specialy prepared for the bottegga
Yummy!

I ate there so many times I should have a seat named after me or maybe a bottle ! try to come not during high holidays when groups of travelers may take the attention of the owner, which may hurt your overall experience. the restaurant has a face book page as well under the name of francesco, and its a good way to be updated with special local events

• Visited October 2011