“Paradise in Tuscany” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Villa La Palagina

You added Hotel Villa La Palagina to your Saves list
Hotel Villa La Palagina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Grevigiana 4, 50063 Figline e Incisa Valdarno, Italy   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Savigliano, Italy
“Paradise in Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Beautiful Hotel,wonderful views and staff,no words to describe the amazing food a really fantastic chef.A lovely place to just relax by the swimming pools,sip wine and dine on the terrace watching the sun go down.I would love to return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I am from New York and travel quite often, and never in my life have I ever seen a Villa like this. I almost don't have words to describe what this place is like... Perfect.. Amazing.. Beautiful.. Breathtaking!!! If you are planning a trip to Italy, you MUST stay here!!! The view is incredible!! Every inch of the entire villa, the grounds, inside and out, are very clean. The staff was warm and welcoming, extremely friendly, accommodating, and made me not want to leave. The manager, Eric, takes the time to answer any questions you may have. He is full of knowledge and recommendations…trust him! He knows what he is talking about!! He treated us like royalty from the minute we arrived. The food….oh my…the food….it was orgasmic! They have a top notch chef, Frederico Cardi, who I recommend being on the next top chef. Not only does his presentation of his foods look amazing, they taste amazing! Frederico came out to deliver the food personally with his wait staff, described what we were eating, answered any questions we had, and gave us a little history on his cooking career. He is the true definition of a talented chef! The receptionist, Francesca was so sweet and welcoming! She helped answer our questions about tours, and places we wanted to see. The cleaning crew, wait staff, car driver always had a smile on their faces. I did NOT want to leave! The pictures don’t even do it justice….if you are amazed by what you see, imagine how much better it looks like when you see it firsthand…. Go there Go there Go there!! Thank you for making this trip so memorable, I WILL be coming back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We had a wonderful stay, delicious food and wine, everyone was so considerate, we had a beautiful room looking out over the Tuscan hills and we had a fantastic dinners outside under the stars looking across at the vineyards. We also learnt to cook pasta and gnocchi which was great fun.
Thank you.

Room Tip: We borrowed bicycles and enjoyed exploring
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Add a Review
Jun 25, 2014
Villa La Palagina
When a friend of mine recommended this vacation spot to me, I was initially skeptical because I lived in Tuscany years ago, and I really didn't want to go the typical tourist route. There is nothing typical, however, about Villa La Palagina. An authentic restored villa in the Chianti region, from the noble Ricasoli family dating from the 1700s, it has stunning views, beautiful rooms with art deco style decorations bordering the ceilings and trimming the walls, and comfortable rooms. Our bathroom has a Jacuzzi. The air right now is perfumed with lavender plants and magnolias; bright geraniums in terra cotta pots are interspersed throughout the grounds close to the villa. If you want relaxation and quiet, perhaps after the bustle and at times overwhelming cultural impact of Florence, this is the place to stay. The staff is friendly, well-informed, and several languages are spoken here, including English and Dutch. The food is not tourist fare: everything served here is authentic and utterly delicious. The cooks are just fantastic - creative yet using ingredients that are simple. For me it is important to know what I am eating, and that is very clear here: scrumptious, good food. I especially recommend the Tuscan antipasto appetizer and the suckling pig. The grounds are surrounded by vineyards and olive cultivation that produce some of the excellent wine and the olive oil served in the villa's restaurant. There are also two swimming pools that look out over the rolling Tuscan hills. There is just nothing negative about this experience. The hotel has a website and a Facebook page as well. Please take a look.

• Stayed June 2014
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We found this place accidentally while looking for Sting’s Winery. We were hungry and we thought we’d stop in to see if they served dinner. Boy am I glad we did! This place is so beautiful. The grounds are amazing, the staff was so friendly and helpful, and the food was some of the best we had in Italy. The views of vineyards and the valley are stunning and it is in such a peaceful location just 10 minutes outside of Figline Valdarno and 20 minutes from the highway. We stayed at a hotel in Figline Valdarno about 10 minutes away but I wish we had found this place and stayed here instead! There are two beautiful pools, bikes for hire, lots of day tours organized for you, and a fabulous restaurant which we ate at. We loved our meal which consisted of lobster pasta, pear and pecorino cheese risotto, pigeon ravioli, crème brulee, apple tart and delicious wine. We didn’t get to see any of the rooms but the rest of the villa is so beautiful that I can’t imagine there would be any problems with them. Personally I feel that this place is better than a 3-star! If I get to go back to Tuscany I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I am beyond happy with my trip to the Palagina. It was an amazing visit. The chef made the most incredible food. It was also lovely to see the food he uses... there is a large herb garden on the property, capers were drying outside, and he even picks his own ingredients. You can tell he is passionate of his work when you try the dishes he creates. The manager, Eric, was the most helpful, detail oriented manager I have ever met. His staff is warm, friendly, and welcoming. The Palagina also has the best views I saw while in Italy (hint: especially when you get to relax in one of their two infinity pools). I love that you can see little towns nestled in the hillside or countless vineyards scattered about.

I am counting down the days until I can go back to visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
EricFlorence, General Manager at Hotel Villa La Palagina, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Mary,

Thank you very much for leaving such a great review! We defenately hope tow welcoming you soon again! have a nice summer!

Best Regards,

Eric

Been to Hotel Villa La Palagina? Share your experiences!