I visited La Palagina with some friends in June and absolutely loved it. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited - views of the beautiful mountains and vineyards - and I highly recommend it. The staff was amazing and the hotel director, Erik, was not only extremely pleasant, but also went above and beyond when it came to making sure ALL guests were as happy as they could be.
We did not have the best weather, but that did not matter. We enjoyed a great cooking class with Federico (I think) who was adorable, friendly, patient, and fun! We toured the local wineries and even drove by a couple of Sting's houses (he has many). If you are planning a trip to Italy/Tuscany, you must visit this place. It is amazing and very reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa La Palagina is situated in a seventeenth century villa that belonged to the Nobel Florentine family Ricasoli and is located in the heart of the Chianti region and is a stone throw away from Florence. All rooms offer a comfortable stay, decorated with beautiful frescoes and equipped with all amenities, including air-condition, mini-bar and satellite TV. In our luxurious restaurant you can enjoy the delicious dishes of the chef accompanied with the extraordinary Italian wine, magnificent views over the Chianti hills makes the experience complete! Two Infinity pools are there to relax, dream away and enjoy your cocktails. The Villa is surrounded by 110 hectares of olive groves, vineyards and forest and we produces our own wines and extra virgin olive oil which is for sale in our reception. In the direct neighborhood you can hike, horseback riding, play golf, visit wineries, explore the antique markets or do your shopping at one of the various big brand outlets as Ferragamo, Armani and Gucci.... Our professional and friendly staff of Villa La Palagina is always willing to give you the best information about the area and can organize all kind of activities such as cooking courses, wine tastings, rental cars, private tours to fulfill your wishes. Villa la Palagina the famous Tuscan cities Arezzo , Cortona and Siena Please come and visit us and fall in love with our property! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Villa La Palagina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Palagina Hotel Figline Valdarno
- Villa La Palagina Italy/Tuscany - Figline Valdarno