“Highlight of our honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Windsor
“Highlight of our honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled onto Claudius cooking class only by chance. We were at the end of our 30 day romantic honeymoon, when claudio asked Ron how our trip was and Ron said everything was incredible, although Maureen really wanted to do cooking classes, so claudio looked at me and said tomorrow we pick you up at 4 pm and you cook with me!
We enjoyed one of the best meals ever that evening, could not believe we found this beautiful place and felt like family with claudio and Sabrina . I could not wait to return the following day to cook with Claudio!
The picked us up promptly at 4 pm. Claudio and another couple joining us were waiting to start preparation! Ron and I had so much fun, learned soo much, then sat down for an evening of unbelieveable food, wine and company!
Our evening ended at 2 am, but we definitly would have stayed for days if we could have!
We will defi itly return to stay with Claudio and Sabrina, enjoy their hospitality, splendor in the knowledge of Claudio and his kitchen, and sit on the front porch after a 5 -6 course meal and talk and laugh with you both!
You clearly made our honeymoon!
Ron and Maureen

Union, New Jersey, United States
“Best food ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

You will need to plan a whole evening to sit and eat, drink and enjoy the company. We sat at dinner for 5 hours and didn't even realized where the time went. An amazing evening

Visited March 2012
Va
“The highlight of our visit to Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

You just can't begin to describe the cooking lesson the food and the atmosphere of this delightful find. I have come back each of the last 5 years with family and friends. That should say it all! A place not to be missed!

• Visited September 2011
Dallas, Texas
“Over the top fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

My husband and I spent a week with Claudio, Sabrina and the rest of the gang at Torre Guelfa. The experience was more incredible than I could have imagined! The cooking lessons with Claudio were great and the food was spectacular. Sabrina took care of all the details of our entire 20 day trip all over Italy. The guides, drivers and hotels she set us up with were awesome. If you are thinking about going to Italy, you would love these people. They are truly warm and inviting. Great food, fun, laughter and frienship! That's what we got.
Susie
Dallas, Texas

• Visited October 2011
Toronto
“I've never had so much fun in a kitchen . . . and I don't like to cook.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

My daughter and I were lucky enough to have a private lesson with Claudio. I told him, "She likes to cook, I like to eat". Claudio said, "perfect."
What followed was three hours of, "Do you like zucchini flowers? We'll make soup!". To die for.
"Do you like eggplant? We'll make appetizer over fesh piccolino cheese.". To die for.
"We're doing baby boar porcetta for dinner. I'll debone first half, you do second."
"Do you like chocolate? We'll do white chocolate souffle for dessert."
We made so many different things. Chanterelle mushroom sauce over tortellini filled with fresh ricotta (we made the pasta).
We made foccacia bread with rosemary (rosemary was my choice). We made cream filling for filo pastry for the restaurant. Yes, that night he was serving us, nine guests who had just completed their six-day cooking adventure, a retirement party of fifteen, and several other tables in his restaurant. We asked him if he should be preparing for his guests, instead of cooking with us. He responded, "No preparing for guests, we cook everything fresh when they order!". Silly us.
Last minute Claudio asked, "Have you ever had pasta carbonara? My daughter said, yes. He asked where. She said she didn't know for sure, maybe East Side Mario's and then explained it was like the McDonald's of Italian food in Canada, so he would understand. So we have pasta carbonara, ready in five minutes, and it's our first course.
Chef Claudio is a delight. He has a passion for food and cooking, and is charming.

• Visited September 2011