Normally we would choose to stay in the city when visiting somewhere like Florence but were hiring a car for part of our stay to explore Tuscany, Ibis was central to Tuscany and to be honest it had free parking so we thought we would stay here. Website said bus stop was close for when we wanted to go to Florence!
We have always had good experiences with Ibis hotels but arriving at its location which looked like the middle of nowhere really we were unsure what to expect. From check in we only had great experiences.
The staffs English was more than satisfactory and we had picked up enough of the basics since arriving from Australia to fill in the gaps. They were helpful with anything we needed or asked about, very patient and nice.
The hotel itself was very modern, always clean, had everything we needed and considering we were exploring most days the size was more than ample.
The bus was actually great. The stops were only a few minutes away from hotel. We used it four days. On weekends it was only 20 mins or so into Florence and they ran regularly. Ibis staff will happily print timetable. Weekdays took longer but to be expected in peak hour, maybe 40 mins. Bus drivers were really helpful, we only knew the basics in Italian and they filled in the rest. In Florence you need to find CAP regional bus stop about a block away from Firenze SMN station and head towards Prato Est. Again CAP staff very helpful.
The Gigli shopping centre is across the road from Ibis and is more than satisfactory. Not too sure what previous reviewer was expecting or wanted but considering its location and what else wasnt around i was impressed and found it very handy. It had plenty of dinner options till late at night at reasonable prices, big supermarket, cafes. There are plenty of clothing stores and the like but if you are going to go to clothing stores etc you would do it in Firenze. There was an Apple store, Vodafone etc.
Again very little English happening around this location and even Prato itself really but that to me was part of the charm and it really made us learn more Italian which was great and everyone was very patient and helpful. Overall we enjoyed the local feel so thanks Ibis Prato. And from what i could tell this Ibis had more to offer than Ibis airport.
And to finally finish this Ibis enabled us to find, thanks to Tripadvisor, Pepe Nero. What an awesome dining experience! We have dined at many a place in many countries, and this a must do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Firenze Prato Est hotel is located in Campi Bisenzio, 11 km from the centre of Florence, in a shopping district close to the I GIGLI centre, and 5 km from the airport. Its location is ideal for business or tourist stays. It has 127 air-cooled rooms, including 8 for disabled persons. You will find a bar open 24/24, a restaurant and free outdoor parking. Guests on a business trip Wifi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Ibis Firenze Prato Est reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Firenze Prato Est Hotel Campi Bisenzio
- Ibis Campi Bisenzio
- Ibis Hotel Campi Bisenzio
- Ibis Firenze Prato Est Province Of Florence, Italy - Campi Bisenzio