After having visited many beautiful luxury resorts, I have found what makes a resort SPECIAL & MEMORABLE. It is the people, the little things that extrudes genuine service & warmth, making one feel relaxed and at home.
I had spent 7 days at Herathera and found the service staff to be very attentive with top-notched 5* service! My butler was assigned to me throughout the whole trip so breakfast, he knew if I had wanted tea or coffee.
And every night, the dinner buffet is always a surprise with great tasting food and decorations! For Chefs night, the chef came out in a parade and they all look like they were enjoying themselves rather than doing their job! Food was great! I ate more than what i could chew.
The landscaping is all natural with a lake and there are bicycles for you to use or the buggy to take a ride.
The watersports center staff were so friendly! They tried each possible way to notify me when the weather was good to go for snorkeling or Dolphin Cruise. Such personalized attention to detail is Rare!
I couldn't believe the videos they showed me of their experience with the dolphins. The dolphins came close to the boat and did crazy spins in the air.I tried to catch a similar experience in the other atolls but it didn't match up. The numbers were smaller and the dolphins were not as friendly and kept swimming away.
I also Did my Diving there. Divemaster Chihiro is so helpful, patient and passionate for her students. I felt so reassured and safe when she led me to the beautiful Banana Reef for a dive.
It's amazing how an unassuming resort tucked in the south atolls can go undiscovered of its beauty and charm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 271 Rooms including 80 Ocean Beach Villas,71 Beach Villas, 10 Jacuzzi Ocean Villas and 110 Jacuzzi Beach Villas. All rooms features tropical décor, king size bed, wood floor, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, sitting area, stocked mini bar with refrigerator, tea/coffee machine, IDD telephone, flat screen LCD cable TV, CD/DVD player, personal safe, partially open-air bathroom with shower, bath accessories and hair dryer, a porch with lounge furniture and nightly turn down service. Electricity is 220VAC, 50HZ. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Herathera Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- j Resort Handhufushi Hotel Addu Atoll
- j Hotel Handhufushi
- j Hotel Addu Atoll
- Herathera Island Resort Maldives/Addu Atoll