“GREAT Value, Comfort & Warmth! I will return to Herathera!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Herathera Island Resort

You added Herathera Island Resort to your Saves list
Herathera Island Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Herathera Island, 20188 (Formerly J Resort Handhufushi)   |
Special Price
50% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Addu Atoll
Singapore, Singapore
“GREAT Value, Comfort & Warmth! I will return to Herathera!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

太好了! 我一定会回来!
After having visited many beautiful luxury resorts, I have found what makes a resort SPECIAL & MEMORABLE. It is the people, the little things that extrudes genuine service & warmth, making one feel relaxed and at home.

I had spent 7 days at Herathera and found the service staff to be very attentive with top-notched 5* service! My butler was assigned to me throughout the whole trip so breakfast, he knew if I had wanted tea or coffee.

And every night, the dinner buffet is always a surprise with great tasting food and decorations! For Chefs night, the chef came out in a parade and they all look like they were enjoying themselves rather than doing their job! Food was great! I ate more than what i could chew.

The landscaping is all natural with a lake and there are bicycles for you to use or the buggy to take a ride.

The watersports center staff were so friendly! They tried each possible way to notify me when the weather was good to go for snorkeling or Dolphin Cruise. Such personalized attention to detail is Rare!

I couldn't believe the videos they showed me of their experience with the dolphins. The dolphins came close to the boat and did crazy spins in the air.I tried to catch a similar experience in the other atolls but it didn't match up. The numbers were smaller and the dolphins were not as friendly and kept swimming away.

I also Did my Diving there. Divemaster Chihiro is so helpful, patient and passionate for her students. I felt so reassured and safe when she led me to the beautiful Banana Reef for a dive.

It's amazing how an unassuming resort tucked in the south atolls can go undiscovered of its beauty and charm!

Room Tip: Sea facing villas a must!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beach, ocean and sun shine, all that I could ask for during my holiday herathera delivered. One of the down side is that there's no direct flight to this Island and it's located very far away from Male city. An extra hour of flight is necessary to take from Male international airport. But it didn't bother me a lot because the trip was totally worth it. It wasn't the highest season when I went there so it was petty quiet which I really enjoyed. I went there with my friend for a five day stay and I'm sure both of us enjoyed our stay so much that we didn't want to leave. The villas are roomy, clean and comfy and our one faced directly to the ocean (think all of them face the ocean no matter which side of the island your on). Staff are super friendly and genuine, honest and extremely helpful. Facilities are nice and clean. Loved the water sport centre to bits. Though food and activities are not cheap, you would have expected these expenses at any resort. Overall I enjoyed it a lot and will definitely visit again.

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I planned for an island getaway and Herathera delivered. I'm in the hospitality industry myself and I travel extensively so I can safely say the resort delivered on service, comfort and hospitality. Getting there was a bit of a mission(3 flights and a speedboat ride) but it was worth all the effort. Everything transitioned smoothly, from my arrival at Male International airport to my domestic flight connection to my arrival at the resort where a team of staff was at the ready to welcome me. I knew right then i was in for a treat. The resort is beautiful and although it spans over 4,5 km's it was easy to get around as bicycles and buggies were available. The staff i encountered in restaurants and bars were very friendly and they certainly tried to make me happy. Apart from a communication misunderstanding regarding my booking, which was later rectified by the GM and the rain on some days I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My room was comfortable and cleaned twice a day with water replenished daily. I strongly suggest future visitors to choose the "Full Board" meal plan as the restaurant offered a great variety of dishes. And if you skipped a meal because you were out on the many excursions you could always catch up at the next meal for the day. Herathera is ideal for couples as it offers privacy but also as a solo traveler seeking solitude and a respite from the hustle and bustle of the city and living in hotel rooms, I found the privacy of the beach practically 10 steps away from my room "a little bit of heaven". I cannot fault the resort on much perhaps just that excursions and treatments(at the spa) are rather expensive. That is down to taxes and service fees. The other negative unfortunately is that alcohol is not very cheap. Again this is down to taxes and service fees. So if you are very partial to your wine, beer etc, factor in that you'll be forking out a good bundle on alcohol. The resort itself is well maintained and kept clean on a daily basis. I really felt in touch with the outdoors as I spent most of my time outside taking walks or lounging at the beach or pool. I definitely recommend Herathera Island Resort to anyone looking to get away from it all. Good value for money. I will certainly return to explore everything else the island has to offer(water sports, snorkeling etc) as this trip was just about relaxation.

• Stayed November 2014
Qudaih, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

I' would like to write some words regarding the hotel and the services they offer.First of all, they really welcome you as soon as you step on the arrival hall and you will see one of the staff having a sign with the hotel name, and since the hotel is far from the capital the hotel employee will reserve a flight ticket to Gan Airport and definitely will see another employee from the hotel staying to welcome you, that really nice and kind fem them since you will not get lost never. you arrive to the hotel with sped boat and you will see the some of the staff waiting for you to step on land.the hotel service is really great ,the food is nice and mixed as well ,you can ask them to make any type of food just for you and they will be happy to serve you.you can have bicycle for free if you want as long as you stay there from the GYM,the GYM there is quiet small but have every equipment you may think of once you want exercise. and as I heard from the staff there that they have plan to develop some villa with private pools which they don't have right now but maybe within two or three years they will be ready. I liked almost everything there( the quietness, the people there are so kind and helpful) they have interactions like diving,looking for dolphins, snorkeling,fishing and they are worth of money and enjoyable. they have water sports too, but I believe that they are too expensive such as 1 1/2 hour for the jet sky ,you have to pay 594 US dollars!!!! any way , the hotel is very nice and you gonna enjoy your stay there.

Room Tip: villa with private jacuzzi
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Moscow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

Big Island - more than 4 km long. Free bicycles to ride along the island. Clean and carefully arranged territory. Friendly staff. Bungalows are comfortable, big and front the ocean, Choose the lagoon side where the water is pleasant for swimming. SPA is small and not glamorous, but massage is very very good at reasonable price. Thai girls refresh your body professionally. Cuisine is good. Healthy, enough and not capture you.)) Stable Internet connection in the bungalows. Value for money.

Room Tip: See a map of the Hotel and choose those which face the lagoon. Other side is noisy because of the oc...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

Finding a hotel in the Maldive area is a balance of quality, and funds. There are many choices. There is a great deal of fine-print to read at each location. You can read what others have said. You can call properties of interest to ask questions. Did all of that - and found the evaluation yielded Herathera Island Resort. Fly into MLE (Male) and are greeted by Herathera people who all but carry you to the small Maldivian Airways plane (new, bright, comfy), and you fly about an hour south of MLE. You land at GAN International Airport (about 10 minutes flying time south of the equator). You are greeting by more Herathera people who place you on a short boat ride to the 2nd largest island by size in the Maldives. You are greeted when you arrive and given a gorgeous local gift. You are taken to your room by 'buggy' (multi-person golf cart). Simple. Well planned. Well executed. A bit about the resort ...the people: nothing short of amazingly helpful (from the 'plane greeter' and all around helpful person during our stay - Rahu), the front desk people (notably Emily), the chefs (you want something - they will make it), 'bungalow-keeping' staff, and the plethora of people deployed to trim, clean, sweep, etc. making the resort look good. People say 'hello', 'good morning', ask how your stay is going, etc. You have Ritz like people working hard - they are proud of their resort and it shows. The facility: 10 years old, being updated, clean, great internet, gorgeous views from the rooms, a 'lagoon side' and and 'open ocean' side, and night views of star filled skies filled with music from two bars/entertainment areas. The PADI certification school, the water sports, and the Spa (all extra cost) are staffed with friendly, skilled, helpful people. The experience of each is seemingly made to make you feel like you are the ONLY person on the island. The food: AMAZING. Seafood, beef, Chinese, India, Italian, fresh fruit that is amazingly tasty, and again a wait-staff who are anticipating your needs and want to do things right. In summary - its a facility 'coming back' from past owners. It is not a construction site - the changes occur quickly and a great deal has been done already. The future plans by the new management team and owners is nothing short of stunning. These folks know how to run a resort - run it right - striving for excellence in each place it can. Enjoy the time you save by going to Herathera and not searching endlessly on the internet. It is a great place, good people, and you will have 'active' fun, 'relaxing' fun, or some combination. Enjoy it .. its great.

Room Tip: If you like quiet and sandy beach - ask for the sandy side. If you like the ocean, and a rougher bea...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We booked Herathera via our office because we just wanted a functional place with access to dive sites - but from the moment we landed it was magical. First up, it's far south, one of the Southern most islands, below the equator even, but that made is idyllic and secluded. The only other resort nearby being the Shangri-la. Herathera reminded me a lot of the 4 Seasons, Maldives (at a fraction of the cost of course), not only in terms of layout and decor, but because of the amazing hospitality from the moment we landed at Male airport till we flew out again.

The rooms are magical, and so close to the sea. The open bathrooms are great fun, and the heated jacuzzi and loungers in each great for some private lounge time. There was a storm one night and we opened the doors just to listen to the conversation between sea and sky. You can cycle on the island, there's great water sports, the restaurants serve a variety of food (only two were operational since we went before the main season began)...but most of all - the diving was amazing. Mantas the year round. We saw 18 at the feeding station on one dive! I didn't try the spa but the whole island has free wi fi and two pools including one that was at least 75 metres!

A big thank you to the team at Herathera for making this such a wonderful holiday!

Room Tip: I would recommend the sunrise rooms (and the little extra for the jacuzzi is worth it)!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Herathera Island Resort? Share your experiences!