“Costly and Terribly Ugly” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Consuelo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lingayen
Hotel Consuelo
You added Hotel Consuelo to your Saves list
Alvear St. cor. Maramba Blvd. | Pangasinan, Lingayen, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lingayen
Quezon City, Philippines
“Costly and Terribly Ugly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

For P2575 a night at Lingayen, Pangasinan, I expected a decent hotel stay. I was greatly disappointed. The room (which I was told was the Executive Room) was dark, with no window, the water from the shower smelled, the bed and pillows were hard, sheets were ugly and smelled unpleasant. The door key was not the card type so I was concerned about safety. Wifi was only at the lobby, which was hot and humid, and too slow. Bakery and cafeteria at the ground floor were super hot and humid and dirty. Extra beds were stored in a dark and dirty room beside our room. The hotel was terribly unsanitary. This was a terrible hotel stay. We didn't enjoy one moment of it.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, run away from this hotel. Better yet, skip Pangasinan from your travel IT.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
rizal philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Nice location. It's not scary at all. Tricycle or jeep passes by the hotel.It's near the beach (can walk to the beach or ride a tricycle), room rate is affordable, room is spacious, nice bathroom with hot and cold water, cabinet, dresser, bedside table, TV and ref. You can request for hot water.
However the room is in the 4th floor so it's tiring to go up the stairs as there is no elevator, no remote control for TV, the ref has some stains and it functions as a freezer. The water and fruits we put there were frozen. There is hotel fastfood but it's a bit pricey. There's no daily cleaning and change of mattress. They changed the mattress of the bed coz we ask for it. We didnt try the pool coz it's not so clean and there are many people as they allow non-hotel guests to use the pool.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
pasay, philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I was on a business trip to Lingayen for the first time and decided that my wife accompany me on this trip. I have no idea what's it gonna be in Lingayen so I chose this hotel which is near the government offices for security. We got a suite room (Cleo) on the Grand Pavilion Building and to our surprise, it appears that we are the only one booked in this building. The hotel have another building (Resort Building) located in front and I guess this is where the ordinary rooms are situated and there are other guests in the Resort Building unlike in the Grand Pavilion. The hotel seems to have more guests enjoying the swimming pool and the restaurants than checking-in.
Needless to say, we enjoyed our overnight stay. The hotel is complete with standard amenities for an overnight stay and the staff are hospitable and very accommodating to our needs.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I + 4 kids (we are all Filipinos now US citizens) went to the Philippines to visit relatives and friends. A relative who had attended numerous meetings in this hotel recommended it. THIS IS A HOTEL BETWEEN MOTEL 6 AND MOTEL 8. If you're by yourself I guess you'll be OK but do not bring your family. You will get what you pay for. I'm just thankful nothing really bad happened. This hotel is not a famliy friendly hotel.
Even our driver (from Manila) didn't like the atmosphere.

While we were there, one of the guest' car was burglarized. Someone deflated our tires. My son lost his baseball hat while he was getting food in the restaurant, dirty toilets, dirty linens, etc. They still use hard keys for the rooms (not cardkey) which are easy to duplicate. I had to use our door "club" to ensure door security.

The rate is pretty cheap but I WILL NOT STAY here again........even if they'll give it to me for free.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

First of All, Thanks to the Nice Manager Ms. Grace Arenas, Owner Mrs. Consuelo Trinidad, and all the staffs of these Hotel for the very nice services and accommodation given to us. Honestly, we afraid to enter for the first time because of some comments reading with this column, but last and finally ...we are very satisfied for staying them..Forget all the worries and Bad comments posting here because although they are not perfect maybe in some kind but promise you will leave them with a warm smile..

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

i held my wedding reception year 2002 over there and i got the best service from the staffs and the hospitality was beyong believe. Ever since then i come back every year and it brings back many happy memorie abouit this hotel. looking for for my next trip 28 April to 3 My 2011

i really miss this place

Royston Chan

Room Tip: get the room with the jukuzzi u will love it
  • Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
mANILA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

Friends, why don't you try to come back in the hotel...sorry but for my almost 1 week stayed with Hotel Consuelo we are very proud to be with them because of their friendly manner, rooms is OK, Food is yummy..honestly they are very often for our comments so my only concern is give them a chance to make up some bad comments of you guys!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Consuelo? Share your experiences!