“Don't you just hate it when there's nothing to complain about?” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
london
“Don't you just hate it when there's nothing to complain about?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Bistro evening at The Satis cafe. EVERYTHING was just wonderful. The quality of the perfectly cooked food was exceptional, the price was unbelievable and the level of service was beyond reproach. This is a much needed cure for the dreadful food served up else where, you really get what you pay for and in this case you get much much more!

Dereham, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, pleasant ambiance...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I met a friend here having read the reviews and we were not disappointed. The menu was fine with an interesting and diverse specials menu board. We chose the salmon (it had a pesto crust but was cooked for me without; thank you), green veg and new pots and my friend had the home made burger served with skinny fries and a pot of home made coleslaw. They were both delicious and beautifully presented. The staff serving were efficient, friendly and well informed. We then went for a wander round the garden centre and came back for a pot of tea and then settled the bill. Although we didn't partake (for calorie reasons....) the selection of cakes was quite frankly awesome and the sponges were the deepest and most delicious looking home made cakes I have seen in some time. I would definitely eat here again whether I wished to look for plants of not! Well done and thank you for a very pleasant lunch. If I wanted to make one tiny criticism the ladies loo could do with an upgrade... clean but very dated.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch here purely on reviews on trip advisor. We were not dissapointed. Ok, its not the cheapest nor the most expensive. Superbly attentive staff , excellent food, low wait times. Dont waste your money at the crazily overpriced twyfords in beccles, come here for some real value.

Eye, United Kingdom
“Inevitable cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We returned after a few months gap to find that further improvements had been made with outdoor seating and a bar. Summer evening meals are promised. Great choices of light bites (which didn't look that light!) and full meals.
My wife had a new spaghetti dish with anchovy, tuna, capers and olives. I was allowed a miniscule taste and it was outstanding. My barbecued ribs were great - you cannot go wrong with pork in Suffolk. I thought I would have a cake instead of a dessert and chose the smallest, a date slice. I like bakers' date slices; this was from a different world - rich and smooth. Also, I was assured that it was totally calorie-free!
Service was friendly and the food came quickly. As Satis House Hotel, there is nothing to fault.
And the inevitable cost? After lunch we walked around the garden centre that sells many specialised plants - we found that we could squeeze a gingko tree into the car to take home. I'm developing a shade area in the garden and had to have it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chelmsford Essex
“SATISfaction indeed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We recently moved to Beccles from Essex and discovered this gem when seeking to stock up the garden from the equally good Evergreens Garden Centre where it's located. After several visits for coffee/pastries etc we went there with my daughter a couple of weeks ago for Sunday lunch. At £10 You can get cheaper roasts but not of this quality. And the summer pudding for dessert was DIVINE!! And they now have a licence! I think the fact that today (Tuesday) they are already fully booked for the coming Sunday speaks for itself. And the great staff have the balance between good service and over attentiveness absolutely right. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2013