“Back Home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Kings Head Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beccles
The Kings Head Hotel
You added The Kings Head Hotel to your Saves list
4 - 6 New Market, Beccles NR34 9HA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beccles
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Back Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was my second visit to the refurbished Kings Head. Being Beccles born and bred the first was a bit of a culture shock but one must, I suppose move with the times.
We booked via Late rooms but all contact was directly with the hotel (Tip:- book on line there is often quite a substantial discount). The book in staff were more than helpful. We given the option (as it was available) of their disabled room as my wife has problems negotiating stairs. Although we were slightly early we were signed in and taken to our room. Entry was through a rather nondescript door, electronic key to a spacious room. Although the frosted window was rather small the room itself was well lit. The ensuite WET room was well appointed although the wash hand basin was rather small. The room itself had a comfortable bed with TV and tea and coffee making facilities. After settling in we decided to have a meal in the restaurant area. After finding a table I ordered our food and rink at the bar. There were a number of real ales available and a choice of white wines by the bottle or glass. I ordered our meals> We both had a half rack of ribs which were quickly delivered but rather small portions (not surprising considering the price) followed by an excellent apple crumble and custard. After a little wander around Lowestoft and Beccles carried out my reason for the visit we retired to bed. As it was about a 4 hour journey home we checked out without sampling the breakfasts available, Maybe next time. Now the down side...There always is one. Car parking. There is none, Except for a disabled bay by reception. There are public car parks nearby by I like to be within easy reach in case I have left something I need. All in all a pleasant stay and we will probably use The Kings Head on our next visit to Beccles

Lee U, Manager at The Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Bernard.

I am pleased to read that you will return to The Kings Head Hotel for any future accommodation needs within Beccles.

Our best deals & discounts can be found at jdwetherspoon.co.uk

I hope you would agree that the extensive refurbishment of this former 17th Century coaching inn has done the old building some justice.

I look forward to welcoming you & your wife back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Selby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

3rd Time we have stayed here. Friendly staff, clean rooms, recently refurbished. Excellent value! It is what it is though. Hotel over a pub. If you need to be asleep by 9pm on a Friday its maybe not for you

Lee U, Manager at The Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review David.

Its great that you choose to re-book at The Kings Head Hotel when travelling to Beccles.

The hotel team work hard to ensure your experience is a great one from the moment you arrive with a friendly & helpful receptionist, & that your room that is always first class for cleanliness and comfort.

I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Beccles
norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just stayed the one night. Work in Beccles on and off. Saw the place being opened. Decided to stay on my Xmas party night. Not expecting much for the price.

Check in was excellent, very pleasant member of staff who was helpful and caring. She made conservation and seemed interested in the customer.

My room was so clean. The shower was lovely, bed so comfy and the room well laid out for my needs. Soft pillows with crisp white bed linen a must in my eyes.

I had a good nights sleep, room 211, the stairs are a little off putting but it's an old building.

I would happily stay here again and would stay at any other weather spoons hotel as this one was excellent

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Lee U, Manager at The Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review Dean.

I hope you had a great Christmas party!

I am pleased to read that the team member you encountered was helpful & caring. I do pride myself on having a happy and helpful team.

I hope you would consider The Kings Head Hotel for any future accommodation.
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for one night 6.12.14. Although the room,hotel and staff were great,we had the worst night sleep ever. Do not stay in room 202 if you want a decent night sleep. We knew there was a bar below us,but by the time the pub served last orders and people had stopped congregating on the courtyard in front of our room shouting,it was 1.40am.Then the noise started. A constant night of doors banging,what sounded like someone rearranging all the furniture below us and skips of bottles being dragged across the courtyard,this continued until 6.30am.Absolutely shattered.So my advice do not have a room by the courtyard.

Room Tip: choose one in the 300s
Lee U, Manager at The Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I would like to apologise for the disturbance you received during your stay here with us. I can assure you the pub & hotel team make every effort to ensure the noise from the pub below is kept to a minimum through out the course of the evening so as not to effect our hotel guests.

I will be in contact with you to discuss this matter.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Kings Head Hotel for two nights in December 2014 whilst on business in Lowestoft. The hotel staff were great, friendly, welcoming and helpful. The receptionist insisted on carrying my case to my room. My room was clean, very comfortable and the ensuite was very good - a full-sized bath and separate double sized shower area. The bed was comfortable, and the room heating was very easy to use. This meant that I did not have to put up with heating that was centrally controlled but could choose my own level. This is a Wetherspoons establishment with the pub downstairs. Wetherspoons have a good range of real ales, and food is available until 11pm. The menu is fairly standard pub grub, but it was well-cooked and tasty at a reasonable price. Car parking is available in the square outside the pub, and is free overnight. The only difficulty I had was that there was only two electricity sockets in my room, and one was taken up by the kettle. This was a little annoying as I had to charge my laptop, tablet and mobile phone, but simply meant that I had to swap them around. I had a room that was over the reception area, and it was very quiet - no noise from the pub at all. I would definitely recommend the Kings Head to friends and family, and will be staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms over the reception area are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Lee U, Manager at The Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago

I am pleased to read that all the team you encountered where polite, friendly & helpful.

There are additional plug sockets under neath the bed side tables however they are a little hidden, I will bring this point up with the next hotel meeting I attend and see if we can get the welcome pack changed to include this in there.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and i do hope should you return to Beccles that you would consider staying in The Kings Head Hotel
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A very pleasant hotel and most helpful staff. Stayed four nights. Room was lovely and in good condition. First class ensuite bathroom. Nice big flat screen TV in the room too. We were on the top floor facing the market place. We did ring in advance to get the room we wanted and they were more than happy to help. All the food and drink was excellent and very reasonably priced. If you want to stay in the area I strongly recommend the King's Head.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Lee U, Manager at The Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks for the great review Simon.
I am pleased to read you had a lovely stay.
I will pass your comments on to the reception team who I’m sure will be pleased that you found them to be most helpful.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Kings Head Hotel in the future.
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here on 24/11/2014 and the place is lovely. From checking in where the receptionist was very chatty and even carried my bag to our room which she took us to as it was one of the rooms that is hidden away and she said that it can be quite hard to find. The room was lovely decorated and had a kettle with condiments to be able to make a hot drink and a hair dryer. The bathroom had lovely white thick fluffy towels with complimentary shower gel/hair wash which smelt lovely. The room was spotlessly clean and bed very comfortable, I would add that thicker quilts could have been put on the bed as the quilt we had was quite thin so was quite chilly, there seemed to have been an issue with the heating as well as we turned it on and put it onto the maximum tempreture and it just blew out cold air so we gave up on trying to sort that out but I am sure if we had rang down for assistance with this then help would have been given. We had a meal in the evening in the pub which was cooked very quickly was hot and was brought to us efficiently and was delicious, we was asked by a couple of members of staff if everything was ok with the food, the same thing happened at breakfast as well. The bar staff were very efficient in taking our order for both the food and for drinks and very friendly indeed, the new girl was very chatty and efficient. The deputy manager was also very helpful as came over to speak to us and we asked what the American beers were like to which he went through each one and gave us a recommendation, and also mentioned that the Portobello gin was nice too as we asked about that as well, very helpful indeed. We sat by the fire and the deputy manager made sure that the fire was lit at all times, very cosy. I would like to say that we slept well however we didn't sleep all that well as there was a lot of banging doors during the night and what sounded like furniture being moved about, not sure if this was downstairs or from another room as could not make out where the noise was coming from, but overall a lovely stay over in a very nice pub/hotel with lovely helpful staff and we shall be returning again in the future. There are also plenty of shops around for you to look at if you have the time..... Highly recommended :-)

Room Tip: If like me you like a thick duvet on the bed then please ask as I am sure they will accommodate with...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Lee U, Manager at The Kings Head Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Claire.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the noise disturbance you encountered whilst staying with us & also the problem with your heating, we do have a 24 hour so if you do experience any problems with your stay please do not hesitate to contact one of the team regardless of the time & they will be happy to resolve any issues they can.

I am however pleased to hear that you found the majority of your stay to a high standard and that our team made you feel very welcome from start to finish. I do hope that should you decide to visit Beccles in the future that you would consider staying with us again.

Once again thank you for leaving us a review.

Been to The Kings Head Hotel? Share your experiences!