“Paid for what I got including more....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribbean World Borj Cedria

You added Caribbean World Borj Cedria to your Saves list
Caribbean World Borj Cedria
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Zone Touristique BP 47, Borj Cedria 2050, Tunisia   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Borj Cedria
Manchester
“Paid for what I got including more....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Have to say when booking this holiday, and reading the reviews on here, I was more than worried and to say the least trying to get my money back to book elsewhere, but couldn't so looked like I was going.

I went with my son (4) and a friend for a two week stay (26 Sept - 10 Oct), all inclusive, for hotel, flights, transfers and bagagge it cost £400.00. If you deduct flights, transfers, baggage, it meant for an all inclusive stay on the complex we paid approx £100.00 each for two weeks (£7.14 per night). This is what we got.

*A family size room (upstairs and downstairs) with air con, which was cleaned daily including fresh towels daily.
*Food and drink throughout the day (Free).
*Animations day and night
*Use of three hotels, restaurants, several pools and private beach.
*Discotheque
*And the main thing I went away for THE WEATHER (30* plus everyday)

Hotel and rooms are basic but very clean could not fault, our room was massive and more the excelled in what is was needed. But as we only changed and slept in there we didn't need anything more than basic. Constant hot water and powerful shower, very spacious.

The food also basic but there was enough variety and non of us starved if anything we over ate. Many comments complain about the food and not being to their taste but if you want food in which you are used to do not visit a foreign country. It was food cooked how tunisian chefs know how to cook which is to be expected, I would expect anything less when visiting abroad. All food which I ate was nice, and caused me know problems - LOVED the desserts!!

The complex consisted of three hotels all which we had use of bars, restaurants, pools, all of which were cleaned daily, we went and had breakfast at 6:30am and witnessed this every day, the cleaners there work morning and night as do the chefs and staff all for probably little wages, never came across a bad staff member.

There was a private beach small, but nice and clean which included water sports, some free with the all inclusive some at a charge. We spent most days by here and the Azura pool - could not fault it.

All the staff were friendly and very helpful, there was different shows every night, a children's disco which my son and myself enjoyed thoroughly, along with activities throughout the day around the pool once again which were all enjoyable. All staff went out their way to entertain.

I was happy with the drinks provided on the all inclusive menu and free cocktails nightly so never had to spend on this, my friend who only drinks lager did opt to pay for bottles of Heineken at 2DT (£1).

After reading all the reviews I can clearly say that any negatives should be ignored. Yes the hotel is basic, yes there was plates left about in PATHWAYS because scruffy holiday makers chose to leave them lying about in bushes instead of taking them back to the dining area. Basically holiday makers that expect staff earning pittance to clean up after them because there too lazy to do what they should which plates, but would they do the same at home cleaners did their best and worked day and night, hotel, rooms and areas were all clean.

Food was nothing to scream about, but I always managed to eat as did my son, as did my friend who is one of the most fussy eaters I know. None of us starved in two weeks nor did we have any upset stomachs or sickness. If you like cakes they are fantastic - plenty of option here all delicious.

Clean rooms, fresh bedding and towels daily.

There was nothing outside the complex which would be my only negative it is derelict, so if you like to go off site do not book. However, there are plenty of organised trips in which you can pay for that take you off , I did not do any of these but guests we was with did all which said they were great value for money.
Not being able to go off the comlplex to do anything didn't bother me as I I had a four year old si this is why I booked a complex so I had everything I needed onsite. So this was no issue.

There is a kebab shop in one of the streets that we did venture to which was delicious.

I had a fantastic holiday thanks to the staff and guests, and for value for money could not complain at all. If anybody can get a clean hotel, food, drinks, animation day and night, use of pools, beach, activities for £7 a night anywhere else please let me know. I got what I paid for if not a lot more. You can not even get a B&B in blackpool for less that £20.

Too many fussy people that want to pay CHEAP for a holiday and expect the luxury. It may be a 4* hotel but people need to remember 4* in a third world county to 4* in which they are used to are completely different. It well deserves all of its full stars if not more!!

Hotel does not get the justice it deserves busy holiday makers with nothing more to do than take pictures and moan endlessly, no wonder you didn't enjoy it, remember what you paid less your flights etc and ask yourself would you get the same service back at home for that, because 100% the answer would be no. People who have critisized obviously expect champagne holidays on lemonade wages...its not going to happen, you definitely get what you pay for including more.

If you are looking for cheap, cheerful holiday this is a must. Would go back tomorrow without hesitation, was gutted to come home, could have easily stayed longer.

Room Tip: Request Family Room very large and Spacious, Azura & Sun Beach Hotel beach was most relaxed, Car...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Not once have I ever wrote a review on here but I really feel the need too as this hotel is not given the justice it deserves!!!

This was booked as a last minute holiday with my Friend & her 4 year old son... It cost a total if £409 each for 2 weeks all inc, flights, transfers & baggage. The flights were near enough £300 each so we basically paid £10 a night to stay at the hotel! Yes I was quite worried as with booking last minute I did read the reviews on here & they were quite daunting. Plus I normally only stay in 5* accommodation.

Arrived early hours in the Morning to be greeted by friendly & helpful reception staff, our names werent listed (which wasn't the hotels fault, but the travel agent). But reception did all they could and provided us with a room which had been originally requested, without any arguments.

Room - could not fault, was massive (infact 2 floors), clean & spacious. Was cleaned everyday, changed bedding everyday & clean towels everyday.

Food - yes it could get repatative... But its bound too be on a 2 Week all inc hol! I have a very weak stomach back in England, but not once did I fall ill here, neither did my friend or her 4 year old son & we ate everything! We actually brought all our tablets home (unused) that we had armed ourself with before goin. I am actually missing the freshly made omelettes & freshly baked pizzas! Ohh & the cakes!

Drink - to be fair I only drank the bottled water, all inc wine & cocktails. I also bought bottles of heineken as although the all inc draft beer was nice, it just didn't get me drunk!

Pools & beach - fantastic & very very clean!

Animation Team - they made our holiday! They work extremly hard each day! Miss them all!

If you have booked or you are thinking of going here then DO NOT be put off by the bad reviews! Please trust me as I am an extremly fussy person!

I would certainly return! I've been on lots of expensive holidays & although this has been one of the cheapest I have been on it was one of my best!

• Stayed September 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Arrived late at night and 1st impressions wern't good. However that was soon to change in the light of day was far better than i thought. As you would expext the food had a Tunisian twist mixed with European style. Food was superb with plenty of choice at all meal times and something for everyone. There was chef's cooking as you wait or a choice from the static canteens. Once a week your room number is entitled to an a la carte meal in seperate restraunt. But this proved a total disaster due to bad communication and no information being issued. would not recomend as didnt get a meal even though was booked for 3 nights! heard other guest complaining about food there but as we never got a chance i can only speculate, The bedroom was spotless and well maintained. Daily room service was superb. Swimming pools were spotless and very spacious. The kids pool sits alongside main pool so not split into 2 areas. Main pool has sloping into so good for learning swimmers. Staff at reception very friendly and helpfull. There are a few shops on the site including a qualified doctors and bank complete with ATM. The entertainment was supplied by the animation team who are very good at getting holidaymakers involved. they run the kids club through the day then entertain kids again at night till about 21.30. After that till 23.00 its adult entertainment which was generally very good. There is a water park on site just a few yards from private beach, were you can go on a jet-ski, banana boat etc. There is no WIFI but there is an internet cafe on site and very reasonably priced. The downside of the resort is that there is nothing close outside so therefore tied to them, but there are excursions available from the hotel/rep. Once you step out past the security at the gate it looks like a building site in progress, so not very appealing. overall a good resort and would go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Please, please save your money. Other than the weather, there are no positive points to be made with regards to this excuse for a holiday. We suffered 2 weeks of hell. I was ill within 2 days of arriving, everyone around us were suffering from sickness and diarrhoea. The Germans/Russians were damn rude, their children were allowed to pee wherever they stood, whether this was by the side of the pool or on the grass, even though the toilets were in very close proximity. The food was disgusting, repetitive and mainly inedible (fish heads are not my idea of nice food). It was the most expensive all inclusive holiday i have ever experienced. The food was covered in flies both in and outside the restaurant, the Germans/Russians insisted on touching the food and putting it back, hardly surprising everyone was ill really is it? The alcohol was vile. We had to keep withdrawing money just to keep supplies of crisps and drinking water flowing, oh, and also to pay for the kebabs from a shop outside the resort. We ended up buying alcohol from behind the bar so we could actually have a descent drink. On arriving back from this holiday from hell and feeling no better, i sought medical advice and have today been diagnosed with salmonella. Thanks Caribbean World resort, i really didn't need salmonella into the bargain, it was unforgettable enough without it.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Where do I begin to explain the pain and torment we experienced at this poor excuse for a hotel

1. Food was terrible it was clearly off, made us sick as well as many other people in the resort. We practically starved. No air con in the Kitchen there were swarms of flies in the dining areas it was impossible to eat peacfully.The food was exactly the same each day which prompts me to think that the stale food was actually the same food we were given the day before and possibly the day before that.

2. The Air Con was not working properly TV didnt work electrics were slightly faulty

3. Cups were tiny bitten and in poor condition as was the quality of alcohol the beer is watered down the wine is just Vile . No fresh juice just fizzy drinks and diluted options

3. Loads of Polish and Russians who were extremely racist...odd as their chosen destination them IS in Africa. It was highly uncomfortable

4. The entertainment was [--] it was the same 5 songs every single night.

5. The activities offered by the resort is overpriced and the sales reps are quite forcefull and aggressive. In some cases bordered on stalking as they do not take no for an answer. You have to haggle in most cases something that costs 100 Dinar is actually worth 5.

6. No bottled water. You have to buy your own water if you dont want to drink from the tap. There is also no fridge to keep your water cool which means you are constantly buying water. In 40 degree heat its pretty vital that we keep hydrated

7. No CCTV at all my sisters ipod was stolen and they were extremely unhelpful. They were also aware that 2 russian girls were going around stealing people belongings and breaking into peoples rooms which we were not informed about.

8. You had to pay for water slides (and pretty much everything else) it was not All Inclusive at all

9. If your British...there are NO tebags out there bring your own

10. Hardly anyone speaks English so communication is very difficult. Especially when you have a problem that needs to be solved

11. Watch youre daughters some of the staff were trying to make secret rendezvouz on the beach at midnight with my little sister. Never physical but a young naive girl may be fooled into meeting these men

Besides all the bad things the cleaners were very nice and hardworking even though they practically had to beg us to get them water or juice. I dont think the resort pays or treats them very well at all. The beach is beautiful apart from the fact syrup was spilt and left for days while guest were attacked by hundreds of bees if they wanted to go to the beach. There were very firendly staff but usually they were the cleaners or waiters (the ones getting paid the least)

I could go on but this is what I can think of from the top of my head. it was Awful I would never go back and I would never advise anyone to go there even if your life depended on it

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Went to this complex expecting to be at Sun Beach Resort only to find this hotel was closed. The complex holds 3 hotels, each have their own bars & eating areas. There is a wide range of food, but the choice is repeated day after day what is not eaten for breakfast or lunch is served again for dinner. I am not a fussy eater & love Arabic food but found after the 1st few days I was struggling as not everything is edible.
Plus points:3 swimming pools, private beach, staff excellent they work very hard, ladies book into the Hamman Spa Centre top to toe package very cheap. Tuesday's there is a mini souk haggle for a price.
Minus points: you have to pay for the water park!! food is terrible, taxi drivers at gates a rip off
Tips: Take your own teabags, prepare for mosquitoes I was badly bitten.
Some nice coffee shops outside, take the train to Tunis it is less than £1, (1 dinar 700) train station is about 15 min walk from complex turn right out of the gates, or go by taxi, do not pay more than 2 dinar. Haggle when buying stuff outside the complex. Explore as there are some beautiful places. Take a book or two as boredom will set in!
The site not letting me upload pics shame as I had plenty of photos

Room Tip: A/C only in high season, all rooms have a balcony, pay for the safety deposit box,
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Portsmouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The entire reason for my review is to help all others avoid what I have endured for the past week.
We saw the negative reviews on here but kept an open mind as we have often disagreed with what others have put about places we have stayed in the past.
The check in was a little lumpy. We arrived and waited for almost two hours before being allocated a room while it was being cleaned. Eventually we were given a room which was ok, clean, tidy and comfortable enough to begin with but basic. The security of the doors was very poor, the locks could be opened with random items like palm tree leaves and pen lids. The patio doors didn't meet or shut properly but did lock. This allowed Mosquitos to invade the room on many occasions and there is only so much a plug in mozzy killer can do. There were cigarette burns in the bed sheets and blankets and they were not very fresh. We went for lunch and dinner which appeared to be the same thing just four hours apart with a different species of fly laying on it... beautiful! The drinks from the bar were just as crap. Panda pop type nasty cola or lemonade. The orange "stuff" was vile as was the yellow "stuff". Within a couple of days my husband found out that their whisky was drinkable if mixed with the Strawberry juice, that pretty much set out the path for our week... hyperactive drunken antics and silliness (within reason) to numb the pain of the reality that we were paying to be subjected to the most vile and nasty conditions known to civilisation! My husband and I spoke to the reception desk on at least three occasions about trying to sort out something edible for our daughter to eat as she was only eating bread and butter. We asked for a blue band and even offered to pay something extra if we needed to, as this would have entitled us to use another of the canteens and given us a little variety. Every time we were told none were available although I had seen others with them who arrived after us. The place is not all inclusive as it says it is, there are extra charges for reasonable beer, bottled water, use of the water park which is a few crappy slides and all of the "inclusive" activities are charged extra for. Having spoken to many others at the airport on the return journey they all said that their hotels were far better and did not charge extra, beer was good and the food was better - varied and catered for all. Seriously... if you want fish heads and unidentifiable small animal heart for lunch every day then you should book now to avoid disappointment. If not - book elsewhere! The rep was useless and when people complained to him he got stressy and told us it was our problem, over the phone he refused to come to the hotel and speak with my husband in person. The only good things about the hotel are the animation staff, you all put in so much time and effort to please, thank you! Fwed the nut salesmen, you are a diamond and I hope you have success in finding work after the season ends. The real issue with this place is that it is attempting to cater for all nationalities and missing the mark on most, poor food, poor customer service, poor bar facilities. If it is not an all inclusive hotel, why sell it as one? Other than that there is the issue of the rude foreigners, russians pushing and shoving all the time, Germans and Polish shouting and getting aggressive over their dinner tables.
DO NOT GO THERE!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, this place is awful!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Caribbean World Borj Cedria? Share your experiences!