“Wonderful food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lochmaddy Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Uist
Lochmaddy Hotel
Bayhead, Lochmaddy, HS6 5DS | Lochmaddy, Scotland   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in North Uist
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been meaning to write a review since our holiday in Uist in May 2013 however, Not had a chance until now. Better late than never! I was on holiday with Friends and have family that come from Uist (Mum & Dad). The food was excellent and given I am a Celiac, this was not an issue and the Hotel accommodated really well my needs. Service too was Fab and when we are back again will certainly be visiting and recommending.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dolphinton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stopped here for some lunch and a pint.
The lounge bar is comfy and nicely decorated. The girl behind the bar was friendly, helpful and pulled a great pint!
I had the macaroni cheese which wasn't the best I've had as it was a bit oily but I still left the plate clean. My partner had the fish and chips which looked and smelt amazing, the bit of fish I tried tasted amazing!
Would definitely eat here again! :-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Two of us arrived here tired on a Sunday evening about 6.00pm having both cycled 70 miles from Stornoway. We had booked two single rooms in advance but had to leave our touring bikes outside behind a wall at the front of the hotel as there was nowhere to store them. When we got to the hotel reception, the person there was off-duty and we had to go into the crowded bar to stand in a crowd and shout above the noise for attendance. A reluctant female member of staff came from behind the bar and led us back to reception to book us in, complaining that she hadn't the time to show us to our rooms as the bar was too busy. We had to carry our luggage upstairs and find our rooms which looked a little tired and weary like us. The glass bath screen fell off it's runner in the shower and I caught it just in time. The hot bath tap was stuck tight but I got it to free itself eventually. However the bed and linen, bath towels were all very clean, fresh and pressed so no complaint on cleanliness. A little of a friendly welcome would have gone down well when we arrived. Departure next day saw the proper receptionist at the desk who was really nice and friendly and our breakfast before leaving was excellent. Staff training and general repairs seem to be the goals for improvement to be sought after by management.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room with a good shower. Don't accept what you are given.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these North Uist hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Please note: Boss was away during my one night stay on Saturday 14th September. The room I stayed in, although a bit drab in appearance, had everything in good order. However, I wasn't too keen on the plastic mattress cover and the thin fitted sheet that covered both mattress and plastic cover. But, as I was only charged £55.00.for bed and breakfast, I would have had a nerve to complain about the sheets. They were clean and that was of more importance. En-suite was bright and modern with ample hot water supply. My evening meal, baked sea bass, mushrooms, prawns and lemon drizzle, along with a bowl of veg., was awful. Fish was murdered. It was dry and tasteless. Veg was brick hard. Again, tasteless. Lemon drizzle was more of a soup. Everything was tasteless unless you consider water to have a taste. Again, because the b&b charge was so reasonable, I had no wish to complain. I just included the £13.95p.meal charge in with my b&b charge. Now breakfast. Wait for it. The breakfast chef did not turn up for work. However, the lovely member of staff (young lady) who did turn up for work in the kitchen (another lovely young lady staff member turned up to do reception) kindly organized my 07:00am. breakfast. The young lady on reception also appeared to be helping her colleague out when required. Later on, when I popped my head into the breakfast room to see how the other guests were getting on, I could see a full scottish breakfast displayed. Well done to the one kitchen staff member and, considering there were no staff in the hotel overnight, (both these young ladies arrived for work that morning from their own homes) only guests, many thanks to both these staff members for actually turning up for work. Would you believe ................. there were actually no staff in the Hotel overnight. However, this was not seen as a problem. The owners Mother lives in a flat above the Hotel so we were okay. No .........!!! Sorry, this is not okay. For a start, no guest was aware of this situation. I only found out when I queried the peculiar morning situation. That's when I found out the Boss was away. This also explains the slack, disinterested behaviour of the lady behind the bar. Seemed to be only interested in her regular customers. But ............ would I stay again. Yes I would. I received lovely service from the staff members who did turn up for work in the morning and for this I am sorry that I have had to rate this stay poor. I was not overcharged for my b&b. I got a breakfast. I had a comfortable, warm room and a nice hot shower. Looks like, as the boss was away, the majority of Lochmaddy Hotel mice played instead of worked. I am hopeful it will be better the next time I visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Linlithgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

waitress more interested in chatting at the bar with her pal and sticky tables which needed a good wipe clean. Food was average but this was the only place open at the time so we had no choice but to eat here

Room Tip: wouldn't stay here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Airdire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Considering the price for our room we expected better. Our room was dull and dark the furniture was all marked with cup staines but most of all the bathroom suite was blue and outdated. The room really needed a makeover. The staff told us they were full all summer therefore, some of the profits should be put back into the business and revamp the rooms. On the plus side the food was really good and frienly staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night and received a lovely welcome on reception. The hotel could perhaps do with some upgrading, but was clean and comfortable. We had a room at the front looking over the water which was beautiful. There was a very good bar and the food was very good. I would say it is a medium quality hotel but did its job well.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lochmaddy Hotel? Share your experiences!